CDZ Liberal/Conservative Labels Miss the Point

Aristotle and Plato may have defined them for you but people have been debating this issue long before there was a civilization called Greece.

yes but who would you point to specificially?
Pick any Egyptian ruler.

OK, Tutankhamun. What did he have to say on the matter?
2 heads are better than 1.
Good old King Tut said, "2 heads are better than 1?"

. Our choice in national elections is between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

of course thats 100% idiotic, and stupid too!! Liberal and conservative are exact opposites. One is for freedom and the other is for govt. Given that the electorate is split and sends 50-50 to Washington it is not surprising that we have little movement but rather a long long continuation of the drift to the left.

Do you understand now?

You don't think that the 2016 election for POTUS will be between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum? That is astounding. You actually believe that one candidate will be for freedom while the other candidate will be for tyranny? As if. Both candidates will be for more government, and it's just a matter of degrees over where and how aggressive that government will be applied. You actually think that the Republican Party presidential candidate for 2016 will be running for the purpose of making people more free? Did you eat paint chips as a child?

There are 10,000 definitions of both liberal and conservative. They say that Alexander Hamilton was a conservative. He was certainly a patriot, but he was for replacing a weak national government with a stronger one. He lobbied for and helped to set up a central banking system. He lobbied George Washington to put down the Whiskey Rebellion with a rod of iron. Alexander was a Federalist, and a conservative. His arch-enemy was Jefferson, who was a Republican. There was no liberal party at the time, off the top of my head, but I might be wrong as I'm getting off work right now and currently smoking some homemade organic hashish. I'm all in for Jeffersonian Republicanism, but that animal is extinct in the 21st Century.

We have a thing going on up here, called the State of Jefferson. It's a secessionist movement, and it's been smoldering since the early 20th Century. It is a dream that we hold on to. It is anti-Federalist. It's about the ideal of live and let live. If I had to call it for one side or the other, I'd say that the movement is liberal. Then again, I'd say that what is considered to be liberal today is actually progressive, and domineering Bloombergism (and to add even more confusion, Bloomberg is currently a Republican).
Jefferson - The 51st State - Northern California Southern Oregon - A State of Mind

Whatever man, or dear... anyone who pledges allegiance to a political party is beyond hope, and as Sam would say in the Lord of the Rings, there's nothing for it.

Aristotle and Plato may have defined them for you but people have been debating this issue long before there was a civilization called Greece.

yes but who would you point to specificially?
Pick any Egyptian ruler.

OK, Tutankhamun. What did he have to say on the matter?
2 heads are better than 1.
Good old King Tut said, "2 heads are better than 1?"

That was Lambert, Hendricks and Ross.

. You actually think that the Republican Party presidential candidate for 2016 will be running for the purpose of making people more free? Did you eat paint chips as a child?

dear, please don't be stupid. Ron Paul is already a Republican candidate!! Feel slow now??

. Our choice in national elections is between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

of course thats 100% idiotic, and stupid too!! Liberal and conservative are exact opposites. One is for freedom and the other is for govt. Given that the electorate is split and sends 50-50 to Washington it is not surprising that we have little movement but rather a long long continuation of the drift to the left.

Do you understand now?

You don't think that the 2016 election for POTUS will be between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum? That is astounding. You actually believe that one candidate will be for freedom while the other candidate will be for tyranny? As if. Both candidates will be for more government, and it's just a matter of degrees over where and how aggressive that government will be applied. You actually think that the Republican Party presidential candidate for 2016 will be running for the purpose of making people more free? Did you eat paint chips as a child?

There are 10,000 definitions of both liberal and conservative. They say that Alexander Hamilton was a conservative. He was certainly a patriot, but he was for replacing a weak national government with a stronger one. He lobbied for and helped to set up a central banking system. He lobbied George Washington to put down the Whiskey Rebellion with a rod of iron. Alexander was a Federalist, and a conservative. His arch-enemy was Jefferson, who was a Republican. There was no liberal party at the time, off the top of my head, but I might be wrong as I'm getting off work right now and currently smoking some homemade organic hashish. I'm all in for Jeffersonian Republicanism, but that animal is extinct in the 21st Century.

We have a thing going on up here, called the State of Jefferson. It's a secessionist movement, and it's been smoldering since the early 20th Century. It is a dream that we hold on to. It is anti-Federalist. It's about the ideal of live and let live. If I had to call it for one side or the other, I'd say that the movement is liberal. Then again, I'd say that what is considered to be liberal today is actually progressive, and domineering Bloombergism (and to add even more confusion, Bloomberg is currently a Republican).
Jefferson - The 51st State - Northern California Southern Oregon - A State of Mind

Whatever man, or dear... anyone who pledges allegiance to a political party is beyond hope, and as Sam would say in the Lord of the Rings, there's nothing for it.

I am so amused by this -- the poster who most gets it trying to explain life to the one who gets it least.

Btw you shouldn't say the word "Republican" to Special Ed. If you do he puts a bucket over his head. Nothing he can help, you understand. Otherwise he's perfectly normal. Heh heh heh.

. I'm all in for Jeffersonian Republicanism, but that animal is extinct in the 21st Century.

dear, Ted Cruz and Ron Paul Are Republican presidential candidates. Maybe too much dope?

So, you're just calling everyone "dear" at this point. That's how it's going to be? The guy could be like Hairy Rob Lowe, with a curtain of arm hair, and you're going to call him "dear"? So be it.

I think Ron Paul is done. You probably meant Rand Paul. Maybe too much dope?

Ron Paul hit up too many suckers with his money-bomb campaigns. A lot of people contributed. God bless them, every one, but the ticket ended up with the legendary Mitt Romney.

You might be surprised that I would admit that I actually have been impressed when Ted Cruz has been allowed to speak candidly through the media. He is an intelligent person. He is a formidable debater. For that reason and others, he is doomed as a national candidate.

"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him." - Jonathan Swift

. A lot of people contributed. God bless them, every one, but the ticket ended up with the legendary Mitt Romney.

so, the closest thing the world as ever seen to freedom from big liberal govt is embodied by relatively main stream guys like Rand and Ted and Mike. So there is great hope for conservatism.

There are 10,000 definitions of both liberal and conservative..

dear, actually only one ever since Plato and Aristotle. Conservatives are for freedom and liberals are for govt. Do you understand now?

The argument between Plato and Aristotle has yet to be settled. It rages on to this day, to some degree in message boards. In fact, there is much disagreement about each of the two. Some say that Plato espoused Totalitarianism. Others claim that he merely espoused a standardized meritocracy. Plato was a badass.

Aristotle, on the other hand, was counterproductive. The guy was a pure utilitarian. Fuck that guy. Aristotle said, "To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing." Aristotle should have taken his own advice, and handed it out freely to others.

Forum List

Back