Liberal Catholics applauding Obama's "accomodation"

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Doesn't matter that it was just a shell game and Catholic institutions are still being required to pay for contraception, sterilization and abortive treatments.

The liberal Catholics just wanted Obama to say something that they could pretend was an answer to the dilemma so they could brush it under the rug and hope people forgot about it.

Doesn't matter that it was just a shell game and Catholic institutions are still being required to pay for contraception, sterilization and abortive treatments.

The liberal Catholics just wanted Obama to say something that they could pretend was an answer to the dilemma so they could brush it under the rug and hope people forgot about it.

It really does not matter what 'liberal Catholics' say. What matters is what the Church itself says. They are the authority that Catholics will listen to. So far, the Church is not 'applauding' Obama's cave in. It regards his cave in as 'a first step.

Focus on the issue, not the media's spin.

It really does not matter what 'liberal Catholics' say. What matters is what the Church itself says. They are the authority that Catholics will listen to. So far, the Church is not 'applauding' Obama's cave in. It regards his cave in as 'a first step.

Yep. First Obama dictated to a group where he has no authority...second he 'backed out' of the first by stating that Insurence Companies had to do it...and that is another power he does not posess.

He's two for two in the negative regarding his Constitutional authority.

So.......out of the 73 million Catholics in the U.S., how many do you think will stay liberal in the upcoming election?
Inquiring minds wanna know. :eusa_angel:

Yep. First Obama dictated to a group where he has no authority...second he 'backed out' of the first by stating that Insurence Companies had to do it...and that is another power he does not posess.

He's two for two in the negative regarding his Constitutional authority.

Could get kinda messy for the messiah. :lol:

So.......out of the 73 million Catholics in the U.S., how many do you think will stay liberal in the upcoming election?

Given that the majority went for Bush in 2000 and 2004, and Obama in 2008, I'd say there Obama has a serious problem with the Catholic vote this time around. We'll just have to see what happens in the coming days/weeks/months.

Obama thinks backing off today will stave off, and all will be forgiven. What he actually did was show further why he can't be trusted.

Given that the majority went for Bush in 2000 and 2004, and Obama in 2008, I'd say there Obama has a serious problem with the Catholic vote this time around. We'll just have to see what happens in the coming days/weeks/months.

Could be a major F-Up if he cannot walk 'it' back. :clap2:

Nobody should care what the church has to say. Does the pope run this country? No he does not.

Nobody should care what the church has to say. Does the pope run this country? No he does not.

Catholics care, because he is the spiritual leader of our Church. And, fyi, the Pope has said nothing about this. The Catholic Cardinal Designate, Timothy Dolan, is the head of the Catholic Church in the United States. And he is the one who has spoken. And he said Obama lied to him. That's not good - from a Catholic perspective.... it's kind of disrespectful to lie to our Cardinal Designate just because you need the Church to support your dumbassed AHA.... and then to attempt to throw the Church under the bus when he had no further need of its support.

No one.... not even the damned President... throws the Catholic Church under the bus.

I hope that's clear.

It doesn't matter if he does or not. He has already demonstrated that he is willing to do it.

He can't be trusted in matters of his own Constitutional authority. His boot prints are all over the document.

It doesn't matter if he does or not. He has already demonstrated that he is willing to do it.

He can't be trusted in matters of his own Constitutional authority. His boot prints are all over the document.

Down the road he'll use Holders excuse.......it was our 'state of mind'.

Indeed, if one looks at the stats for Catholic voters, they have 'voted in' the President for decades.... by 'voted in' I mean that the majority of Catholics voted for the eventual winner. In 2008, that was Obama, by 54%... we are the biggest religious voter block - and we hold no allegiance to either party.... Obama would do well to remember that.

Also, as has been evidence over the past weeks, we do not sit idly by while any government tramples over our beliefs.... and, in that cause, many other faiths are happy to support us. Just as we would support them.

Indeed, if one looks at the stats for Catholic voters, they have 'voted in' the President for decades.... by 'voted in' I mean that the majority of Catholics voted for the eventual winner. In 2008, that was Obama, by 54%... we are the biggest religious voter block - and we hold no allegiance to either party.... Obama would do well to remember that.

Also, as has been evidence over the past weeks, we do not sit idly by while any government tramples over our beliefs.... and, in that cause, many other faiths are happy to support us. Just as we would support them.

Amen sister!.
icon14.gif

Down the road he'll use Holders excuse.......it was our 'state of mind'.
Which would be wrong too and just an excuse. Good point. Sad some people buy into that tripe and refuse to think ahead for themselves and are left wondering what happened after the thugs get thier way and thier liberty is lost.

Amen sister!.
icon14.gif

Personally, I have seen incredible generosity of many individuals over the past weeks... some from very unexpected places... except liberals... the 'tolerant' liberals are the most hateful, intolerant bunch of lunatics in the country.

Amen sister!.
icon14.gif

Personally, I have seen incredible generosity of many individuals over the past weeks... some from very unexpected places... except liberals... the 'tolerant' liberals are the most hateful, intolerant bunch of lunatics in the country.
I agree with you except for one point? They are not liberal. They are statist.

Last edited:
Amen sister!.
icon14.gif

I agrre with you except for one point? They are not liberal. They are statist.

More stupid than statist. LOL. They call themselves 'liberals', and they can have that label.... but they are hateful people.

Forum List

Back