Liberal bias in science?

These lazy people sit in front of the computer. All they have to do is Google "6% of scientists" and a dozen links pop up. Sad.

I have to admit, this is my favorite ones because they put it on Fox:

Only 6% of Scientists Are Republicans, 55% Are Dems - Fox Nation

528-12.gif

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

All I ask of Republicans is for them to explain why they think there would be more than a measly 6%? You are anti education. You want to include the occult in the classrooms. You don't explore. You don't care to learn. You make fun of teachers, college professors and scientists. You say things like, "He is over educated" and "A degree is just a piece of paper". You have no economic policy besides "cut taxes" and yet you still insist there are many more Republican scientists than a mere 6%. I don't get it. Seems pretty obvious to me. Stranger still is the very same people believe that the Republican Party is less than 90% white. Go figure.

Many people have explained that to you, most of whom are not Republicans.

Many people have explained the facts to me? Hilarious.

:eek:

TM...is that you?

Just in case there is some progressive here to stupid to click a link I am going to quote the post you are referring to. I dare you to go through it and show me where I even used the word most or the word people, much less tried to make any type of argument using the words in tandem.

I love it when you call me a right winger and claim I said things I did not say. It makes it so much more fun to call you a liar and an idiot when I can prove both using your own words.

Yea, choosing an organization that includes millions of scientists is a bad place to start. Let's go to the Republican Party. We can poll all 6 of their scientists and get the "real" truth.

I know, that's an exaggeration. You can't find 6 Republican scientists.

Millions of scientists?

Would that include the members of the Parasychlogical Association?

AAAS - Affiliates

Or the Institute on Religion in an Age of Science?

AAAS - Affiliates

As I keep trying to inform you, the AAAS is not an association of scientists, unless you think ghosts and ESP are science.

It seems that

The right wing believes ghosts and ESP are science.

To mention a related issue, is there such a thing as Republican Science and Democrat Science? Specifically, is there such a thing as "Republican Physics"?

There does seem to be a partisan political divide on the issue of global warming.
86% of Democrats believe that global warming is a real phenomenon, versus 44% of Republicans. Also, the Bush administration was criticized for downplaying the risks of gobal warming. See: NASA scientist rips Bush on global warming

But I suppose that a scientist could still support the Republicans if he was more concerned about tax cuts for the wealthy being continued than he was having the federal government address the issues associated with global warming. The former issue [tax cuts that he benefits from] would be a lot more personal issue for him than the latter issue [global warming].

Yea, choosing an organization that includes millions of scientists is a bad place to start. Let's go to the Republican Party. We can poll all 6 of their scientists and get the "real" truth.

Millions of scientists?

Would that include the members of the Parasychlogical Association?

AAAS - Affiliates

Or the Institute on Religion in an Age of Science?

AAAS - Affiliates

As I keep trying to inform you, the AAAS is not an association of scientists, unless you think ghosts and ESP are science.

It seems that

The right wing believes ghosts and ESP are science.

That is really funny since it is the right wing that keeps insisting the AAAS is not a group of scientists. Then, when confronted with proof that the AAAS will let anyone join you claim the right wing is the one that believes in ghosts.

To mention a related issue, is there such a thing as Republican Science and Democrat Science? Specifically, is there such a thing as "Republican Physics"?

There does seem to be a partisan political divide on the issue of global warming.
86% of Democrats believe that global warming is a real phenomenon, versus 44% of Republicans. Also, the Bush administration was criticized for downplaying the risks of gobal warming. See: NASA scientist rips Bush on global warming

But I suppose that a scientist could still support the Republicans if he was more concerned about tax cuts for the wealthy being continued than he was having the federal government address the issues associated with global warming. The former issue [tax cuts that he benefits from] would be a lot more personal issue for him than the latter issue [global warming].

And the Obama administration has been criticized for overplaying the risks. Do you have a point?

And the Obama administration has been criticized for overplaying the risks. Do you have a point?

You think that the Obama administration has been overplaying the risks? The "patron saint" of the global warming community thinks otherwise.

Obama, Gore said, has not defended the science of global warming or provided a "presidential venue" to bring the data before the public.
See: Gore: Obama has 'failed' [in his approach to the global warming issue]

Forum List

Back