Liberal bias in science?

Ignoring what is in front of their face to please the researcher by pressing the button really fast.

The one group of people who saw the dot assumed that seeing the dot is what was important.

The one group who paid more attention to what was there seemed more interested in the human face than pleasing the researcher by finding the dot really quick.
:lol: Come on truthie really???
The researchers asked 72 undergraduates to look at a drawing of a face that looked to the left or right of a computer screen and then press a key when a black dot appeared. Despite being told the face would not predict the dot’s location

Ignoring what is in front of their face to please the researcher by pressing the button really fast.

The one group of people who saw the dot assumed that seeing the dot is what was important.

The one group who paid more attention to what was there seemed more interested in the human face than pleasing the researcher by finding the dot really quick.
:lol: Come on truthie really???
The researchers asked 72 undergraduates to look at a drawing of a face that looked to the left or right of a computer screen and then press a key when a black dot appeared. Despite being told the face would not predict the dot’s location

TM is desperate to show how stupid conservatives are, just like whoever wrote the headline for that article.

:cuckoo: It's common knowledge. It has been posted here at USMB at least 1,000 times.

:lol:

You're not too bright are you?

Probably trolling. Anyway, rdean and modbert had posted the results of a Pew Poll where only 6% of Scientists identified themselves as Republicans. (I don't remember the sample size or the details of the poll.) Of course there are conservative Republicans, conservative Democrats and conservative Independents, but those are just tiny details. :lol:

How many "liberal" Republicans are there?

Conservatives are anal and have no imagination. That's why only 6% of them are scientists: they do what they are told to do, when they are told to do it and make every effort to ignore reality.

By finding the dot faster?

Also, you say that 6% of conservatives are scientists. What percentage of liberals are scientists and where did you get that information?
55% according to a 2009 PEW Research report.

Actually, it's 6% of scientists are Republican and 9% of scientists are conservatives.

Why would Republicans think there would be more? Don't they want to end the Department of Education and add the occult to public schools?

Last edited by a moderator:
Conservatives are anal and have no imagination. That's why only 6% of them are scientists: they do what they are told to do, when they are told to do it and make every effort to ignore reality.

Also, you say that 6% of conservatives are scientists. What percentage of liberals are scientists and where did you get that information?

I'd love to see a link to that.

These lazy people sit in front of the computer. All they have to do is Google "6% of scientists" and a dozen links pop up. Sad.

I have to admit, this is my favorite ones because they put it on Fox:

Only 6% of Scientists Are Republicans, 55% Are Dems - Fox Nation

528-12.gif

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

All I ask of Republicans is for them to explain why they think there would be more than a measly 6%? You are anti education. You want to include the occult in the classrooms. You don't explore. You don't care to learn. You make fun of teachers, college professors and scientists. You say things like, "He is over educated" and "A degree is just a piece of paper". You have no economic policy besides "cut taxes" and yet you still insist there are many more Republican scientists than a mere 6%. I don't get it. Seems pretty obvious to me. Stranger still is the very same people believe that the Republican Party is less than 90% white. Go figure.

These lazy people sit in front of the computer. All they have to do is Google "6% of scientists" and a dozen links pop up. Sad.

528-12.gif

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

All I ask of Republicans is for them to explain why they think there would be more than a measly 6%? You are anti education. You want to include the occult in the classrooms. You don't explore. You don't care to learn. You make fun of teachers, college professors and scientists. You say things like, "He is over educated" and "A degree is just a piece of paper". You have no economic policy besides "cut taxes" and yet you still insist there are many more Republican scientists than a mere 6%. I don't get it. Seems pretty obvious to me. Stranger still is the very same people believe that the Republican Party is less than 90% white. Go figure.
That's not what he asked. You're showing what percentage of scientists are liberals. He asked what percentage of liberal are scientists.

My goodness, you're just not very bright, are you?

Say, don't you have some more photos of China you want to claim are Texas?

But anyway, thanks for posting that poll. It shows that scientists are out of touch with America. We've already seen they're more than willing to skew their work to support their ideology.

Last edited:

528-12.gif

Many people have explained that to you, most of whom are not Republicans.

528-12.gif

Many people have explained the facts to me? Hilarious.

528-12.gif

That's not what he asked. You're showing what percentage of scientists are liberals. He asked what percentage of liberal are scientists.

But anyway, thanks for posting that poll. It shows that scientists are out of touch with America. We've already seen they're more than willing to skew their work to support their ideology.

And thank god they are out of touch with right wing America. Could you imagine the entire nation being stupid? What a disaster!

528-12.gif

And thank god they are out of touch with right wing America. Could you imagine the entire nation being stupid? What a disaster!
I guarantee you conservatives know the difference between China and Texas. And they know that The Book of Mormon is a satire.

Y'know, dean, you really are a dumb bastard.

528-12.gif

I was one of them.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/151159-r-deans-words-of-wisdom-2.html#post3228828

Another was Asterism.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...l-exploitation-vs-innovation.html#post2874326

You want me to find more?

I was one of them.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/151159-r-deans-words-of-wisdom-2.html#post3228828

Another was Asterism.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/educa...l-exploitation-vs-innovation.html#post2874326

You want me to find more?

You "schooled" me? look at the post you wrote. Filled with "most people" blah blah blah. And you use that as "evidence".

I love it when right wingers debate with "most people".

Like this:

Most people don't believe in evolution so whether or not it's true is questionable.

Most people believe in God so there must be one.

Most people don't believe in climate change, so it must be a lie.

That's how right wingers prove a point. Starting with "most people".

Well, "most people" know that Republicans lied about Iraq.

"Most people" believe Republicans want "magical creation" in public schools.

"Most people" know Republican Policies brought down the world economy.

It's pretty easy to debate when you start off with "most people".

You "schooled" me? look at the post you wrote. Filled with "most people" blah blah blah. And you use that as "evidence".

Like this:

Most people don't believe in evolution so whether or not it's true is questionable.

Most people believe in God so there must be one.

Most people don't believe in climate change, so it must be a lie.

That's how right wingers prove a point. Starting with "most people".

Well, "most people" know that Republicans lied about Iraq.

"Most people" believe Republicans want "magical creation" in public schools.

"Most people" know Republican Policies brought down the world economy.

It's pretty easy to debate when you start off with "most people".
You left one out:

Most people know the difference between China and Texas.

Of course, rdean knows better. He says they're the same.

Just in case there is some progressive here to stupid to click a link I am going to quote the post you are referring to. I dare you to go through it and show me where I even used the word most or the word people, much less tried to make any type of argument using the words in tandem.

From your link.

Results for the scientist survey are based on 2,533 online interviews conducted from May 1 to June 14, 2009 with members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), under the direction of Princeton Survey Research Associates International. A sample of 9,998 members was drawn from the AAAS membership list excluding those who were not based in the United States or whose membership type identified them as primary or secondary-level educators.

Founded in 1848, AAAS is the world’s largest general scientific society, and includes members representing all scientific fields. AAAS publishes Science, one of the most widely circulated peer-reviewed scientific journals in the world. Membership in AAAS is open to all.
That is interesting, but not completely accurate.

Membership and Programs
Open to all, AAAS membership includes a subscription to Science. Four primary program areas fulfill the AAAS mission:

AAAS - What is AAAS?

They do not restrict their membership in any way, so if you think you are proving anything by posting the PEW Research quoting from the press release of the AAAS you failed.

As for the thread you mentioned, I made it a policy after I read Tank's firs thread not to read any thread he starts. I treat racists with contempt and ignore them as much as possible. Why go into a thread where one racists is trying to prove how stupid another racist is?

I love it when you call me a right winger and claim I said things I did not say. It makes it so much more fun to call you a liar and an idiot when I can prove both using your own words.

Just in case there is some progressive here to stupid to click a link I am going to quote the post you are referring to. I dare you to go through it and show me where I even used the word most or the word people, much less tried to make any type of argument using the words in tandem.

From your link.

That is interesting, but not completely accurate.

AAAS - What is AAAS?

They do not restrict their membership in any way, so if you think you are proving anything by posting the PEW Research quoting from the press release of the AAAS you failed.

As for the thread you mentioned, I made it a policy after I read Tank's firs thread not to read any thread he starts. I treat racists with contempt and ignore them as much as possible. Why go into a thread where one racists is trying to prove how stupid another racist is?

I love it when you call me a right winger and claim I said things I did not say. It makes it so much more fun to call you a liar and an idiot when I can prove both using your own words.

Yea, choosing an organization that includes millions of scientists is a bad place to start. Let's go to the Republican Party. We can poll all 6 of their scientists and get the "real" truth.

I know, that's an exaggeration. You can't find 6 Republican scientists.

Yea, choosing an organization that includes millions of scientists is a bad place to start. Let's go to the Republican Party. We can poll all 6 of their scientists and get the "real" truth.

I know, that's an exaggeration. You can't find 6 Republican scientists.

Millions of scientists?

Would that include the members of the Parasychlogical Association?

AAAS - Affiliates

Or the Institute on Religion in an Age of Science?

AAAS - Affiliates

As I keep trying to inform you, the AAAS is not an association of scientists, unless you think ghosts and ESP are science.

It seems that

Forum List

Back