Liberal Aspen Times--jumps ship--Thanks Obama for waking a sleeping giant.

Primary challenge? He'll probably just announce he won't run. It is the Democrat way lately.

Immigration laws were ignored on the basis of compassion. Welfare policies encouraged irresponsibility, the fracturing of families, and a cycle of generations of dependency. Debt was regarded as a tonic to lubricate the economy. Our children left school having been taught that they are exceptional and special, while great numbers of them cannot perform basic functions of mathematics and literacy. Legislators decided that people could not be trusted to defend their own homes, and stripped citizens of their rights to own firearms. Productive members of society have been penalized with a heavy burden of taxes in order to support legions of do-nothings who loll around, reveling in their addictions, obesity, indolence, ignorance and "disabilities." Criminals have been arrested and re-arrested, coddled and set free to pillage the citizenry yet again. Lawyers routinely extort fortunes from doctors, contractors and business people with dubious torts.

Is he saying people have just now started bitching about these things???

What a total bunch of wingnut crap. :lol:

"Barack Obama has awakened a sleeping nation
GARY HUBBELL
ASPEN TIMES WEEKLY

Gary Hubbell: The Redneck tree hugger | AspenTimes.com

This coming from a normally very liberal magazine.
Obama's approval ratings this year had a low of 47% and a high of 51%. The most current poll shows 49% which isn't bad considering the country is in the middle of a recession he inherited from Bush. Reagan's approval ratings at this point in his presidency was 45%.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama

Reagan didn't use pretend crises as an excuse to nationalize industries and turn the Constitution on its head. He applied sound economics to rein in inflation, interest rates and restore private sector employment. The weak dollar policy of Carter only delayed unemployment and did so at a huge price in terms of double digit inflation and interest rates. The stagnation that resulted from the inflation was the source of what became known as "stagflation" or, more simply, Carternomics. After four years of Reaganomics, the US dollar was at its all-time high, interest and inflation rates were declining and America was going back to work. I hardly think a few government jobs that cost more than $100K each while the private sector flounders will be seen as a real solution to our long-term economic problems. Look for BO to get a strong primary challenge. You heard it here first.

Nobody was able to use a crisis to manipulate public opinion better than Ronald Reagan. Obama used the same technique as Reagan did in getting out of an economic crisis.........spend, spend, spend
Reagan spent on tax cuts and a military build up while Obama spent on industry bailouts and social programs. Reagan tripled the deficit in order to prop up the economy.

Primary challenge? He'll probably just announce he won't run. It is the Democrat way lately.

Obama will not even face a Republican challenge. They will put up a sacrificial lamb who the GOP will then slaughter after he gets beaten by Obama in a landslide...same as they did with McCain

Obama will not even face a Republican challenge. They will put up a sacrificial lamb who the GOP will then slaughter after he gets beaten by Obama in a landslide...same as they did with McCain

How exactly do you get any air with your head stuck up your ass all the time? You morons are blind if you actually believe that the madman Obama wiill not be a one term President. He gone! :razz: ~BH

How exactly do you get any air with your head stuck up your ass all the time? You morons are blind if you actually believe that the madman Obama wiill not be a one term President. He gone! :razz: ~BH

Well, this is a bet that won't be resolved for a few more years. But I guess we'll see then.

Well, this is a bet that won't be resolved for a few more years. But I guess we'll see then.

True. The only way I see him staying in office for another term is if he grants amnesty to the millions and millions of illegal aliens which will increase the Democratic vote and make up for all the Dems now jumping ship. ~BH

EVERYONE is running against Obama - including those in his own party!!1 :)

Everybody vs. Obama
Even Democrats are running against the Obama agenda.

President Obama is playing an unusual role in tomorrow's special election in Pennsylvania to replace the late Rep. Jack Murtha, king of Democratic pork barrelers. Both major party candidates are doing their best to distance themselves from Mr. Obama's policies.

It's not surprising that Republican Tim Burns would be running against the Obama White House. But Mark Critz, a former staffer to Mr. Murtha, is spending much of his time as the Democratic candidate beating up on the president's priorities too.

___

Everybody vs. Obama - WSJ.com

True. The only way I see him staying in office for another term is if he grants amnesty to the millions and millions of illegal aliens which will increase the Democratic vote and make up for all the Dems now jumping ship. ~BH

I think you grossly overestimate the number of Dems "jumping ship".

Simple question...

Which GOP powerhouse do you see as capable of defeating Obama in 2012?

I don't want to hear "anybody can beat him"....give me a name and why

It matters not how many Dems are in fact "jumping ship" when the ship is running into the rocks of widespread voter resentment against the Big Government Neo-Progressivism of Obama Inc...

obama-pelosi-reid-tyranny.png

No, You just grossly want to believe that they are not jumping ship. Which, You are grossly wrong about my friend. ~BH

It matters not how many Dems are in fact "jumping ship" when the ship is running into the rocks of widespread voter resentment against the Big Government Neo-Progressivism of Obama Inc...

obama-pelosi-reid-tyranny.png

Rhetoric is useless when you can't back it up with facts. Your opinion of the level of resentment is meaningless in a debate.

No, You just grossly want to believe that they are not jumping ship. Which, You are grossly wrong about my friend. ~BH

No disrespect, but I'm not going to take your word for it any more than you'd take mine.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree until Nov. 2012.

Prince Regent looking at Baldrick: "Maybe it's a blessing disguise?"

Black Adder also looking at Baldrick: "If it is, then it's a VERY good disguise."

Simple question...

JC Watts is retired, so I dunno right now. LOL!!! No seriously, To be honest with you right now I am not entirely sure. I like Ron Paul, but The GOP will never give him the nomination because he's not a robot. I don't believe it will have to be a "powerhouse" though bro. Nobody knew who the hell Obama was 5 or 6 years ago. Same with Palin. I don't want her or McCain the fence sitter I can tell you that much. Problem is, I am more of an Independent Conservative. I have not been happy with The GOP for decades but I realize it will take them to get us out of this madman Obama mess. ~BH

No disrespect, but I'm not going to take your word for it any more than you'd take mine.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree until Nov. 2012.

None taken. Like you said, we still gotta few years to go. ~BH

Simple question...

JC Watts is retired, so I dunno right now. LOL!!! No seriously, To be honest with you right now I am not entirely sure. I like Ron Paul, but The GOP will never give him the nomination because he's not a robot. I don't believe it will have to be a "powerhouse" though bro. Nobody knew who the hell Obama was 5 or 6 years ago. Same with Palin. I don't want her or McCain the fence sitter I can tell you that much. Problem is, I am more of an Independent Conservative. I have not been happy with The GOP for decades but I realize it will take them to get us out of this madman Obama mess. ~BH

You seem like the typical Republican voter unenthused with any of the available candidates.

Obama landslide in 2012

Simple question...

You seem like the typical Republican voter unenthused with any of the available candidates.

Obama landslide in 2012

Nah, Actually it's just me being honest. Of course a douch bag like yourself can't understand that. "unenthused"? You're even dumber than I ever took you for if you actually believe that load of complete bullshit? ~BH

Obama landslide in 2012

Nah, Actually it's just me being honest. Of course a douch bag like yourself can't understand that. "unenthused"? You're even dumber than I ever took you for if you actually believe that load of complete bullshit? ~BH

Still can't name a name?

It can't be that hard....all those highly qualified Republicans

Somebody must be capable of beating Obama......Anyone?........anyone?

Forum List

Back