Liberal Appeasement...?

I'm looking forward to another 40 votes to repeal ACA.... That's always constructive.

then look forward to a veto, then look forward to a 2/3 rds majotity vote in Congress to overturn the veto ...

look forward to your ass turning green before that happens ...
The people who understand how the ACA has transformed our healthcare system, in both positive and negative ways, also know that you cannot repeal it right now. It would be like removing both lungs from a lung cancer patient.

But they'll keep trying, just to support GOP electioneering efforts.

And that is great...because the very last thing we need is creating meaningful legislation that would help America.

the GOP doesn't have the balls to take healthcare from 10 million Americans and HELP America..

Last edited:
1460298_749494205145399_2534742077442579058_n.jpg

I've always marvelled at that -- "I pledge allegiance to the flag". Not "I pledge allegiance to my country" or my "philosophy" or my "ideal", but .... I pledge allegiance to a piece of cloth.

They'll say, "but ... but.... it's a symbol!"

Appeasement for the symbolminded.
Try reading the complete pledge ... after "and" ...sheesh

I can already see which gets top billing and which is there to prop up the main phrase. Hell, "the republic" doesn't even make the first sentence, not even as a subordinate clause.

Which is kind of understandable in that it was written in order to sell flags. In that sense it really is a symbol (the pledge and commodity fetish, not the flag) of what some of us think we stand for. It was an advertising gimmick that Merkins took to heart. That's what we're all about: the material, not the ideal. The cloth, not the country.

Not unlike when "daylight savings time" was proposed as a joke, and then we took it seriously and started moving clock hands.

Last edited:
QED. Commodity fetish appeasement.

Equally interesting that nobody else in the world does it except our former colony, the Philippines.

What is interesting is that you have a problem with it.

Hey, I've just never gotten into fetishism and the whole object-worship thing.
I'm sure it's tons o' fun for the kinky-oriented.

It takes a real dipshit to think that the American flag is kinky.

Equally interesting that nobody else in the world does it except our former colony, the Philippines.

Then I can't imagine what it takes to practice idolatry on a piece of cloth.

Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg

It takes a first class idiot to post a photos hopped picture.

"Liberal Appeasement...?'

No, conservative fallacy.

There is literally, no potential for there to exist a "conservative fallacy". Conservatism exists only as a direct result of the recognition and defense of, respect for and adherence to the laws of nature, not the least of which are the natural laws governing reason.

I'm looking forward to another 40 votes to repeal ACA.... That's always constructive.

then look forward to a veto, then look forward to a 2/3 rds majotity vote in Congress to overturn the veto ...

look forward to your ass turning green before that happens ...
The people who understand how the ACA has transformed our healthcare system, in both positive and negative ways, also know that you cannot repeal it right now. It would be like removing both lungs from a lung cancer patient.

But they'll keep trying, just to support GOP electioneering efforts.

And that is great...because the very last thing we need is creating meaningful legislation that would help America.

the GOP doesn't have the balls to take healthcare from 10 million Americans and HELP America..

LOL! Watch and learn sugarlips. Watch and learn.

You are so fully consumed with liberal dogma and idolatry for Obama and your other rulers you have no space for being a tolerant and patriotic American citizen.. It is refreshing that as a left wing liberal you are willing to freely admit your self centered carelessness and the attitude that freedom is a given as long as others pay the price.

Last edited:
The Pledge of Allegiance is a travesty. I pointed out to one of those tea party nuts in Texas who was advocating succession, that he most certainly pledged, "...one nation, indivisible....", 5 days per week for 12 years. He told me that nobody takes that pledge seriously.

"Liberal Appeasement...?"

This fails as a straw man fallacy.
This argument fails as an argument from fallacy, an affirming a disjunct fallacy, a fallacy of the undistributed middle, a proof by verbosity fallacy, a thought-terminating cliché fallacy, a number of quantification fallacies, and of course a genetic fallacy.

The Pledge of Allegiance is a travesty. I pointed out to one of those tea party nuts in Texas who was advocating succession, that he most certainly pledged, "...one nation, indivisible....", 5 days per week for 12 years. He told me that nobody takes that pledge seriously.
Wow, another freeloading liberal willing to enjoy the freedoms without having the guts and integrity to pay the price. A proud liberal pussy...:laugh: .. deserving of zero respect.

Wow, another freeloading liberal willing to enjoy the freedoms without having the guts and integrity to pay the price. A proud liberal pussy...:laugh: .. deserving of zero respect.

Lump, you really need to get a grip. Maybe Valium will help....

Lump, you really need to get a grip. Maybe Valium will help....

liberal pussy and drug pusher/user ... :9:

You are so fully consumed with liberal dogma and idolatry for Obama and your other rulers you have no space for being a tolerant and patriotic American citizen.. It is refreshing that as a left wing liberal you are willing to freely admit your self centered carelessness and the attitude that freedom is a given as long as others pay the price.

Uh -- really?
I've posted what about O'bama?

:eusa_whistle:

Hm?

Uh -- really?

Hm?
I generally don't read your posts unless they're comic relief for threads I've started...:smile:

Merry Christmas Pogo

Uh -- really?

Hm?
I generally don't read your posts unless they're comic relief for threads I've started...:smile:

Merry Christmas Pogo

So you got nuttin'. Exactly. Just admit it.
Too bad you didn't do a search, as you would have also found out how I don't start threads demeaning entire political sides with inane blanket statements either.

Merry Christmas Scroo Lumpy. :eusa_angel:

Uh -- really?

Hm?

Merry Christmas Pogo

Too bad you didn't do a search, as you would have also found out how I don't start threads demeaning entire political sides with inane blanket statements either.

Can I just care less and we'll leave it at that....:bs1:

Uh -- really?

Hm?

Merry Christmas Pogo

Can I just care less and we'll leave it at that....:bs1:
You have to be careless to be so far off...change the channel. see sig last line especially. Merry Xmas and hoping educational new year!

OP- Everything fine, going in the right direction, with no STOOPID chicken hawk GOP invasions coming up for us. Sorry intelligence and patience doesn't fir your idiot hater Pubcrappe infotainment network...

Forum List

Back