Liberal and Conservative differences

Yukon

Rookie
Feb 7, 2009
To my Canadian brothers and sisters I say Happy July 1st, thank God we live in Canada the greatest nation on earth.

I would like to hear from you regarding the differences between Liberals and Conservatives. I will not direct this question to our American cousins because the question is really a non-starter for them since they are so "screwed up" and have no idea what they are talking about. Americans would probably reduce the question to a racially motivated answer because Obama is black.

Hear's my starting point:

CONSERVATIVE - belief in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional Canadian values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

LIBERAL - belief in governmental action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all, and that it is the duty of the State to alleviate social ills and to liberties and individual rights. Belief that the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Belief that people are basically good. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

What do you feel the differnces are?

Hmm... well look at how each party BEHAVES instead of how they talk. Under Chretien, there was a fiscally conservative financial policy... the Liberals talk like the New Democrats and act like the Conservatives.

Cons tend to filter money up to the wealthy, and make government weaker (since the wealthy do not need it as much as the regular people).

Liberals like to stay in power and do whatever they can or say whatever they can to do so.

The NDP is actually more in line with regular people, but speak a bit too plainly and honestly which always gets you into trouble when your opponents are not bound by the truth....

Taliban Jack anyone?

• Banned
Gurdari,

I've always considered a member of the NDP to be no more than a frustrated Liberal. Conservatives on the otherhand are in my opinion bigots who seek to return the country to an era long gone. American and Canadian Conservatives both are extremely intolerant and biggoted.

To my Canadian brothers and sisters I say Happy July 1st, thank God we live in Canada the greatest nation on earth.

I would like to hear from you regarding the differences between Liberals and Conservatives. I will not direct this question to our American cousins because the question is really a non-starter for them since they are so "screwed up" and have no idea what they are talking about. Americans would probably reduce the question to a racially motivated answer because Obama is black.

Hear's my starting point:

CONSERVATIVE - belief in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional Canadian values and a strong national defense. Believe the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems.

LIBERAL - belief in governmental action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all, and that it is the duty of the State to alleviate social ills and to liberties and individual rights. Belief that the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Belief that people are basically good. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems.

What do you feel the differnces are?

Don't liberals believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, national defense?

It seems the Conservatives don't own these things. Nor do they follow thru on any of these things. At least not American conservatives.

The last part about what you said about conservatives is bullshit. Let me translate. You said: freedom to pursue goals and empower individuals to solve problems.

What you meant is government, stay out of it when the rich use lobbyists to rig the system so that they are free to get as rich as they can, and at the same time stay out of it when they make it harder for anyone poor/middle class to become successful, but good luck trying.

Let the rich be free to lower wages and ruin the middle class.

I know a lot of very successful Canadians who seem to get it. Are you sure you get it? Or are you sure you are canadian?

Gurdari,

I've always considered a member of the NDP to be no more than a frustrated Liberal. Conservatives on the otherhand are in my opinion bigots who seek to return the country to an era long gone. American and Canadian Conservatives both are extremely intolerant and biggoted.

The NDP lack corporate paymasters - hence they never win elections - while the Liberals talk like them but really care more about money and power. The Cs are just the usual RW, war/tax-cuts/high spending/not all that interested in democracy.

You people are sad excuses for thinking, rational adults. Sad indeed.

libertine =/= liberal

Democrat =/= liberal

leftist =/= liberal

classical liberalismm is more similar to american conservatism, libertarianism, or progssivism than to the leftist policies of the Dems

Last edited:
Liberalism is truth, Conservatism is LIES !

Liberals complain about the GOP because we truly believe they are ruining the country.

Conservatives complain about liberals because rich white guys tell them that they are the ones who are ruining this country.

And its easy to convince them because they hate Muslims, Hispanics & Blacks. And they use this bigotry to turn out the vote.

Plus they use religion, the biggest con game of them all.

Republicans are masters at the wedge issues.

Ah, if only they were as good at leading as they are at playing politics. They are crooks.

PS. Obama has only spent 10% of the stimulus. I guess he isn't pissing it away fast like GW did all the money he spent.

Canadians celebrate July 4th on July 1st?

That's rather odd.

STill I do so appreciate that they care so deeply about our Declaration of Indpendence day that they just can't wait to start celebrating our good fortune.

Damned neighborly of them.

God Bless Canada.

Thank you so much. We do appreciate that you cover us with your nuclear "shield", it makes us Canadians feel warm all over. Plus we save money, in that we do not have to spend hundreds of billions of dollars creating a more "perfect war machine" - you do it for us.

Yes, we can take that war machine money and put it into a socialized medical system that enures each of us recieves care, albeit inferior to the US health care, but at least we all get it for FREE.

Thank you oh mighty Americans we are so happy you pay for everything....hahahahahaha

Canadians celebrate July 4th on July 1st?

That's rather odd.

STill I do so appreciate that they care so deeply about our Declaration of Indpendence day that they just can't wait to start celebrating our good fortune.

Damned neighborly of them.

God Bless Canada.

I almost got into a big fight years ago after pick up hockey in Ft Erie, Ontario. We stopped for a few Labatts 50's... I made a comment: "Canadians are either hockey players or whores"... a local guy overheard me and confronted me: "Are you calling my wife a whore?" ...I said" "No, what team does she play for?"... he said: "The Shamrocks"...

Forum List

Back