Libby petition to remain free denied

CockySOB

VIP Member
May 20, 2006
Midwest USA
PDF of the DC Circuit Court order

Not much to the order itself other than stating the denial itself. This means Libby WILL start serving his sentence while his appeal itself is pending. I'm not overly surprised as I thought the Constitutional question raised by Libby's defense wasn't extremely strong.

That said, the appeal to remain out of jail will probably get forwarded up the chain to the Chief Justice of SCOTUS, John Roberts. I doubt he reverses the DC Court of Appeals ruling, but it is always possible.

What will be interesting is how GWB handles this. Will he commute Libby's sentence to something without prison time? Or will he sit back and let the process go forward? (I'd also bring up the option of a full pardon, but I doubt he uses that until AFTER Libby's appeals are exhausted.)

PDF of the DC Circuit Court order

Not much to the order itself other than stating the denial itself. This means Libby WILL start serving his sentence while his appeal itself is pending. I'm not overly surprised as I thought the Constitutional question raised by Libby's defense wasn't extremely strong.

That said, the appeal to remain out of jail will probably get forwarded up the chain to the Chief Justice of SCOTUS, John Roberts. I doubt he reverses the DC Court of Appeals ruling, but it is always possible.

What will be interesting is how GWB handles this. Will he commute Libby's sentence to something without prison time? Or will he sit back and let the process go forward? (I'd also bring up the option of a full pardon, but I doubt he uses that until AFTER Libby's appeals are exhausted.)

Looks like you got your answer sooner rather than later :cool:

Forum List

Back