Liars

Which is the most common type of Liar on USMB?

• Total voters
Political Chic posted this

Liar’s Personality Types:
a. Manipulators, or High Machiavellians: lie with impunity, seeing nothing wrong with it, using deceit as a tool to achieve their goals in love, business or politics- or crime.

b. Social liars- lie to entertain

c. Adaptors- insecure people who lie to make a positive impression.

d. Actors- control being an important issue, they don’t lie regularly, only when necessary, and are less skilled than Hi-Macs, but they’re good deceivers.

I think I'm "b. Social liars- lie to entertain."

Which are you?

I know I am not a liar because my pants are not now, nor have they ever been, on fire.

Thank you very much. :cool:

It's easier to be truthful. That way, one doesn't have to worry about remembering what they said other than the facts.

Everyone is truthful until it comes to something where, if it came out, it would hurt them. That's when the lying starts.

When people say "you should always tell the truth," what they are really saying is: "you should lead the kind of life that enables you to always tell the truth." There is a HUGE gap between these two propositions.

I never lie. Very rarely, I make a mistake. People take that for a lie, but it's a mistake.

It's easier to be truthful. That way, one doesn't have to worry about remembering what they said other than the facts.

Everyone is truthful until it comes to something where, if it came out, it would hurt them. That's when the lying starts.

When people say "you should always tell the truth," what they are really saying is: "you should lead the kind of life that enables you to always tell the truth." There is a HUGE gap between these two propositions.

But some people are truthful even when the truth hurts. And some people DO try to live lives they don't have to be ashamed of.

I think what you're saying is, "I was in the pool!!!"

Forum List

Back