Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

.... I know that Sarah was not, but I just learned that the AIP wants the constitution re-written to more closely conform with the Bible.

It's just a hell of a lot of stuff that does not belong in the White House.

Before you type, you should read. Here's #1 on the AIP platform:
To effect full compliance with the constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Alaska.
Alaskan Independence Party

So it seems like she is saying "pray that the Iraq war is a task from God," and not that is flat out is a task from God.

I do agree that it does slightly change the context.

I respectfully submit that it is a little more than a slight change.

She is asking for prayers of wisdom for our national leaders.

Who can fault her for that?

Last edited:
Not me. I think she's great. Thinking outside the box..and all Alaska benefited hugely from it.

Nothing wrong with that.
You want to teach your garbage, we get to teach ours as well. That's the way it works.

Would you teach it in Math class? That would make just as much sense as teaching it in science class.

Science is a discipline that has a method (the scientific method) of observation, question, hypothesis, testing, analysis, and reformulation of hypothesis. It is fluid. It makes testable predictions. Science is always changing, that is what is fluid about it. Our understanding of evolution today has been modified by experimentation and will continue to be modified with additional experimentation.

In no way shape or form is creationism science. It makes no testable predictions. It is static. The story it tells is unchanging. It never was put through the scientific method, it is not science. This is not hard to understand.

No field within science is static, none. They are all fluid. They all subscribe to the method. Creationism is a story.

Why is it such a closely held story? Because to believe it comes from a place of faith. Faith is not an attribute of science. But, faith can move mountains. Faith is a force so powerful that it can change lives in a split second. But faith is not science.

If a scientist came into my church and wanted to talk science to me, I would ask them to wait until I was done in my church and leave it for outside. If scientists wanted to teach evolution in your church services, I assume you would find that outrageous. But this is what you are suggesting be done, and you are suggesting that it be legislated, and you are insinuating that it is a personal liberty that you hold.

Do scientists have a self-evident liberty to come into church and teach evolution? This is what you are saying, in reverse.

My time in church is sacred. Faith is from God and of God.

Politicians who want to use faith to shape science education (the underpinning of technology) do not understand the differences between faith and science, and have no place making policy.

Last edited:

I can.

To me it sounds like she is praying that God wanted this war which is something I disagree with ...

Well now you are changing the context.

Here is the quote:

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

Did you leave the bold part out, in your interpretation?

Maybe you could post some Kalnin videos? I was contrasting the video that was posted.

One of the articles linked to the videos but evidently the website has pulled them off.

I suspect someone may have loaded them to utube, but I can't look right now, must start dinner.

One of the articles linked to the videos but evidently the website has pulled them off.

I suspect someone may have loaded them to utube, but I can't look right now, must start dinner.

That's cool, patiently waiting.

Praying for our leaders isn't by any means proclaiming that the war in Iraq is 'God's plan'.

See, that's why it comes in handy to understand the English language.

Some people can't just read what is written and what is said. They have to imbue everything with what they think the person REALLY means, based on their own bias.

It's a problem.

Edited by the left.

She what she really says here, it starts at 5:30.

Governor Palin says "Pray for our military men and woman who are striving to do what is right for this country, pray that our national leaders are sending them out on a task from God. That is what we have to pray for, that there is a plan and that plan is from God."

Don't all Christians believe that God has a plan?

Since Senator Obama is a Christian, doesn't he believe that?

So if Governor Palin prayer ask for us to pray that our leaders are following God's plan, wouldn't Senator Obama approve of that message?

It sounds totally different when you hear the begining of the sentence, as the left wingers obviously understand, because they purposefully left it out of their recording.

Please watch it. 5:30-6:02

I watched the video, the eight minute one. I agree, it is different with the beginning of the sentence. The bolded 'pray' isn't in the eight minute video btw.

I gotta say, the whole feel of it still is too much appeal to the spirit instead of use of hard thought. The end of the speech talks about receiving personal revelation from God (pentecostal). Would any of you be comfortable, were you comfortable, with Bush's statements (circa 2004) that he believed going to Iraq was God's will? Did that belief of his give you confidence in his governing?

I'm with Missourian, watch the whole video. Here's the eight minute version:

Palin-Iraq And My Job Is God's Will (June 2008) • VideoSift: Online Video *Quality Control

Palin also calls the congregation to go out and evangelize, which is <sort of> understandable in the sense that she *is* pentecostal, but also unnerving to this libertarian chick.

Well now you are changing the context.

Here is the quote:

"Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God," she said. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that plan is God's plan."

Did you leave the bold part out, in your interpretation?

What Governor Palin really said was : ""Pray for our military men and woman who are striving to do what is right for this country, pray that our national leaders are sending them out on a task from God. That is what we have to pray for, that there is a plan and that plan is from God."

She was asking the assemblage to pray for our leaders to have wisdom.

The video you saw was edited mid sentence to purposely confuse Governor Palin's message.

(edited after I saw Cali's reponse)

Last edited:
What Governor Palin really said was : ""Pray for our military men and woman who are striving to do what is right for this country, pray that our national leaders are sending them out on a task from God. That is what we have to pray for, that there is a plan and that plan is from God."

She was asking the assemblage to pray for our leaders to have wisdom.

You have been manipulated. The video you saw was edited mid sentence to purposely confuse Governor Palin's message.

Please, don't take my word for it, see for yourself here, it starts at 5:30 and goes to 6:02.

The extent that liberals are going to defame the GOP candidates is absolutely amazing. This stuff borders on insane. Who in their right mind would side with these kooks?

Nothing wrong with that.

You want to teach your garbage, we get to teach ours as well. That's the way it works.

And a nut doesn't reduce pork by more than $200 million in one year, or gain 80 percent approval ratings of her state.

Thanks for being honest that many republicans like you think Evolution is garbage, and you want to teach creationism in our children's science classes.

I watched the video, the eight minute one. I agree, it is different with the beginning of the sentence. The bolded 'pray' isn't in the eight minute video btw.

Palin also calls the congregation to go out and evangelize, which is <sort of> understandable in the sense that she *is* pentecostal, but also unnerving to this libertarian chick.

I appreciate your honesty.

It's the same video, I apologize, that was my mistake, I had it in my notes.

She is speaking to a graduating class of "commission" students and not just a general congregation. I really don't know what that is.

Last edited:
Thanks for being honest that many republicans like you think Evolution is garbage, and you want to teach creationism in our children's science classes.

:lol: i don't think any of us here necessarily speak for the entire party.

it seems to me, this is just another bogus issue that is really quite simple.

forget about the notion of "teaching it in science class" Zzzzzzzzz

just include it in history class or social studies or whatever they wanna call it.

The extent that liberals are going to defame the GOP candidates is absolutely amazing. This stuff borders on insane. Who in their right mind would side with these kooks?

It's not the liberals, its the media. The media is running headlines that cuts off so the sentence reads:

Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God.

Presumably most of the confusion arises there.

Kalnin videos:

Spent about 30 minutes - I can't find it on youtube, here is an article about the website shutting down:

The part of the Web site no longer functioning appears to be the section where the sermons of senior Pastor Ed Kalnins were available, including one from 2004 -- after Palin left the church -- where he suggested heaven wasn't necessarily in the cards for anyone who voted for Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.

Zimbio Pilot - Ed Kalnins

I did find a few nonsense videos in the meantime that are merely for your amusement, I thought the second one was a joke, but it looks like its for real. Good Lord.

This one is just end-of-days stuff:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecxj1C1xJWA]YouTube - Sarah Palin's Church: God and Alaska[/ame]

the second one is just plain weird. - you have to get past the intro to see the bizarre part that the church is using to evangelize with.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VtF7Ypr1hY&NR=1]YouTube - Sarah Palin Wasilla Church Has Kooky Prophecy Sessions[/ame]

an interesting watch

No luck finding the other videos, maybe they'll surface.

It's not the liberals, its the media. The media is running headlines that cuts off so the sentence reads:

Our national leaders are sending them out on a task that is from God.

Presumably most of the confusion arises there.

I am beginning to believe there may be a conspiracy afoot. :eusa_shifty:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back