Liar, liar pants on fire...

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
How Democrats Lie: Kerry says Hastert calls Murtha coward. He did not. :shocked:

This is what Kerry is telling people.

Dear Friend,

This is our moment of truth. You and I have to make it absolutely clear that we won't stand for Republican "Swift Boat" style attacks on Jack Murtha.

Yesterday, an extraordinary congressman, former Marine Drill Sergeant and decorated Vietnam veteran, spoke out on the war in Iraq. He didn't come to that moment lightly. He spoke his mind and spoke his heart out of love for his country and support for our troops. No sooner had the words left his lips than the vicious assault on his character and patriotism began.

Today, in a statement on the Senate floor, in interviews with the national media, and in this message to you, I am seeking out every opportunity to defend a brave American hero that the Republican attack machine has set their sights on.

I urge you to do the same. Whether you agree or disagree with Jack Murtha is irrelevant. These despicable attacks on Jack Murtha's patriotism and courage must be met with an enormous public outcry. Call your local talk radio show, write a letter to the editor, phone your members of Congress - join me in acting now to reject these "Swift Boat" style attacks on Jack Murtha.

It disgusts me that a bunch of guys who have never put on the uniform of their country have aimed their venom at a marine who served America heroically in Vietnam and has been serving heroically in Congress ever since. No matter what J.D. Hayworth says, there is no sterner stuff than the backbone and courage that defines Jack Murtha's character and conscience.

Dennis Hastert -- the Speaker of the House who never served -- accused Jack Murtha of being a coward. Well let me tell you, Jack Murtha wasn't a coward when he put himself in harm's way for his country in Vietnam and earned two purple hearts -- he was a patriot then, and he is a patriot today. Jack Murtha's courage in combat earned him a Bronze Star, and his voice should be heard, not silenced by those who still today cut and run from the truth.

Instead of letting his cronies run their mouths, the President for once should stop his allies from doing to Jack Murtha what he set them loose to do to John McCain in South Carolina and Max Cleland in Georgia.

The President should finally find the courage to debate the real issue instead of destroying anyone who speaks truth to power as they see it. It's time for Americans to stand up, fight back, and make it clear it's unacceptable to do this to any leader of any party anywhere in our country.

I urge you to join today in a massive public outcry that rejects the attempt to demonize and destroy anyone who dares to disagree with George W. Bush's aimless "stay for as long as it takes" policy on Iraq.

Please act now. Call and email your elected officials. Flood talk radio with calls rejecting these vicious smear tactics. Send a letter to the editor. Express your outrage about the tired old Rovian "Swift Boat" style attacks on Jack Murtha.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

This is what Haster said:

House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-IL) released the following statement in response to comments by Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) regarding the War on Terror.

“I am saddened by the comments made today by Rep. Murtha. It is clear that as Nancy Pelosi’s top lieutenant on armed services, Rep. Murtha and Democratic leaders have adopted a policy of cut and run. They would prefer that the United States surrender to the terrorists who would harm innocent Americans. To add insult to injury, this is done while the President is on foreign soil.

“Four years ago, America as we knew it changed. The terrorists attacked our people and attacked our nation. Nearly 3,000 Americans lost their lives. Families were destroyed, and our children lost their sense of peace. On that day, we learned that we no longer had a choice. Failure to act – and act strongly – left our nation vulnerable to Osama bin Laden and his band of terrorist followers.

“But now, Rep. Murtha and other Democrats want us to retreat. They want us to wave the white flag of surrender to the terrorists of the world. It is unfortunate that this is all politics all the time. We need to have a strong consistent policy that will protect our men and women who are fighting to protect us overseas. We must not cower like European nations who are now fighting terrorists on their soil.

“This is the highest insult to the brave men and women serving overseas. They have made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our citizens, our way of life and our ideals of freedom and democracy. And they have done excellent work. In the four years since September 11th, the United States and our partners have disrupted at least 10 major terrorist attacks. Three of those attacks were planned on U.S. soil.

"I have known John Murtha to be a long-term veteran of this institution. He has stood up for our troops and has helped to provide them with the right equipment to do their job. We all saw the same pained faces among Americans when terrorists slammed into the Twin Towers. Did he see the faces the rest of America saw when terrorists plowed into the Pentagon or when the plane that was headed for a Washington target went down in Pennsylvania? I saw the faces that day, and, Mr. Murtha, that was no illusion.”

Kerry is trying to spread the 'Swiftboat' accusations around. It doesn't wash. No one has accused Murtha of using the service to further his career, much less twisting his service record to discredit the service of others. Kerry does not understand what he did or the problems the Swiftboat Vets had with him.

Not to mention the fact that the Dems making a big deal out of Murtha's statements is just the latest political stunt.

Murtha has been stating that he wants the troops out of Iraq now for over 2 years.

So why is it only coming up now? Why are the Dems putting their arms around Murtha now?

Because NOW is when Bush's numbers are at their lowest. NOW is when the Democrats feel they can strike and win. NOW is when they have decided to pull the "LOOK!!! Even REPUBLICAN WAR HEROES are turning against Bush! IMPEACH HIM!!! PULL OUT OF IRAQ!!!!"

Pretending that Murtha just had a moral epiphany is politcal game-playing. He has been against the war for some time, for better or for worse. The fact that the Dems would trot him out now says something about where their hearts and heads are at.

They are not with the men and women in Iraq and Afganistan. They are firmly entrenched in bashing Bush, and ensuring Democratic elections in 2006 and 2008.

Gem said:
Not to mention the fact that the Dems making a big deal out of Murtha's statements is just the latest political stunt.

Murtha has been stating that he wants the troops out of Iraq now for over 2 years.

So why is it only coming up now? Why are the Dems putting their arms around Murtha now?

Because NOW is when Bush's numbers are at their lowest. NOW is when the Democrats feel they can strike and win. NOW is when they have decided to pull the "LOOK!!! Even REPUBLICAN WAR HEROES are turning against Bush! IMPEACH HIM!!! PULL OUT OF IRAQ!!!!"

Pretending that Murtha just had a moral epiphany is politcal game-playing. He has been against the war for some time, for better or for worse. The fact that the Dems would trot him out now says something about where their hearts and heads are at.

They are not with the men and women in Iraq and Afganistan. They are firmly entrenched in bashing Bush, and ensuring Democratic elections in 2006 and 2008.

Yup, thanks for the excuse to post again:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26972&highlight=murtha

Gem said:

Everything you said Gem is so right on. It really make's me sick to watch them. And they are creating more danger for our military, because the terrorist see what is happening here and feel, let's cause greater loss of life because the Americans are turning weak..
They don't care about the troops, or the loss of thier live's. All they care about is trying to get back in power.. It's shameful.. I hope the American people see this, and boot some more of them out in 06 and the big one in 08. Serves them right..

Forum List

Back