Liam Neeson Considers Converting To Islam

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
liam-neeson-the-world-premiere-of-the_3680002.jpg

Irish actor Liam Neeson is considering converting to Islam after becoming fascinated by the religion while filming in Turkey.
The Taken star grew up as a devout Catholic who acted as an altar boy at his local church and was even named after a priest.
However, during a trip to Istanbul to shoot a film, he was moved by Muslims' Call To Prayer, which takes place five times a day to summon followers to worship.
He says, "The Call to Prayer happens five times a day and for the first week it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing.
"There are 4,000 mosques in the city. Some are just stunning and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim."
Neeson admits he has always been both fascinated and baffled by religion, adding, "I was reared a Catholic but I think every day we ask ourselves, not consciously, what are we doing on this planet? What's it all about?
"I'm constantly reading books on God or the absence of God and atheism."

Liam Neeson | Liam Neeson Considers Converting To Islam | Contactmusic

He wants to convert to islam because he likes the architecture! Now there's a new one.

Hearing something five times a day, every day is a form of brainwashing and yes it does work.

Turkey is beautiful I can understand why he'd love it. But it's not generally representative of the muslim world. It's far more welcoming to outsider. But again, it doesn't seem his consideration is serious.

He wants to convert to islam because he likes the architecture! Now there's a new one.

Hearing something five times a day, every day is a form of brainwashing and yes it does work.

Well I live next to a Christian church which sounds it's church bells every hour..and I haven't been brainwashed.

:eusa_shhh:

Turkey is beautiful I can understand why he'd love it. But it's not generally representative of the muslim world. It's far more welcoming to outsider. But again, it doesn't seem his consideration is serious.

I loved Istanbul.

One of my favorite cities.

Well I live next to a Christian church which sounds it's church bells every hour..and I haven't been brainwashed.

:eusa_shhh:

That Christian church has a call to prayer! Every hour! What would be most unusual about that is there is no hourly mandate for prayer in the Christian religion that compares with the mandated five times a day prayer of islam.

Or is it keeping the time.

Its keeping Jesus time.

Liam is talking about enjoying emersing yourself in a culture you are visiting.

I know its a foreign idea to some Americans.

Any fans of They Might Be Giants?

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

Istanbul, Istanbul

Its keeping Jesus time.

Liam is talking about enjoying emersing yourself in a culture you are visiting.

I know its a foreign idea to some Americans.

I can hardly wait for the 24 hour day to be considered Jesus Time and the concept scrapped entirely.

That will be a huge step toward "progress" and of course, add just that more division to the divisive bucket.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwzN4633mpI]Hammer Time Mob Dance - YouTube[/ame]

I recently had the pleasure of hearing Tony Blair's sister-in law Lauren Booth speak about her conversion to Islam at our Mosque.

She was a typical secular British journalist visiting Iran for a news story.

Basically, upon hearing the adhan (call to prayer) echoing throughout the city.

She decided to visit one of the large beautiful Mosque's in that city.

As she entered the Mosque the spiritual presence was soo strong that she could no longer walk or stand and collapsed on the floor and laid there for hours in spiritual bliss.

This intense personal experience was the start of her journey into Islam and becoming a devout Muslim.

Tony Blair's sister-in-law Lauren Booth converts to Islam after 'holy experience' in Iran | Mail Online

Liam Neeson Considers Converting To Islam

And why should I care one way or the other about this?
He is just an actor.

a much more important question would be if my cat has fleas or not.

Forum List

Back