LGBT student commits suicide by cop, students riot

He was also reported to have a gun. The cops cannot ignore that. If he had had a gun, how many deaths would you find acceptable?

But he didn't have a gun.

Nobody saw a gun.

He was contained.

The call that came in reported he had a gun. The cops will not show up and say "I don't see a gun, he must not have one". That would be stupid.

Contained? Sure. How many people could have been seriously injured or killed to maintain that containment. I have a friend who's child lives in a dorm overlooking where this happened. Should her son's life be in danger because YOU think not seeing the gun made it imaginary?

He was also reported to have a gun. The cops cannot ignore that. If he had had a gun, how many deaths would you find acceptable?

Nobody saw a gun.

He was contained.

People said they saw Michael Brown with his hands up. EXPERTS said it didn't happen that way and idiots still believe the words of those trying to protect a known thug.

Nobody saw a gun.

He was contained.

The call that came in reported he had a gun. The cops will not show up and say "I don't see a gun, he must not have one". That would be stupid.

Contained? Sure. How many people could have been seriously injured or killed to maintain that containment. I have a friend who's child lives in a dorm overlooking where this happened. Should her son's life be in danger because YOU think not seeing the gun made it imaginary?

Same with fire departments. If they get a call that says flames and smoke are showing, they step it up a notch.

Initial claims:

Guess what, they don't have anywhere near our crime rates.
COuntries without guns- low crime.
Countries with guns- high crime.

This post:
They had a whopping 23 gun homicides compared to 10,945 in the US.

See how this sneaky, lying piece of shit makes one unsupported claim (all crime) and then, when asked to support it, posts about a completely different claim (homicide, and only via a gun).

The problem is obvious: it excludes all other crimes, like assaults and robberies, which are much more common. Gun homicide is relatively rare compared to other violent crimes, and especially compared to other crimes in general. Judging a country's safety based on gun homicide alone is like judging it based on the number of deaths caused by lightning strikes and nothing else: it's stupid, but it's the only way a lying piece of shit like JoeBlow can ignore reality.

Furthermore, he fails to adjust his numbers for population: of course countries with more population will have more crime. That's why the website he linked to provides per capita statistics, but does JoeBlow post the per capita statistics? Nope! He just takes the raw number and posts it, despite his initial claim regarding crime rates: Guess what, they don't have anywhere near our crime rates.

The bottom line is JoeBlow fails to prove much of anything other than people's tendency to commit crimes using the tools available to them as opposed to using tools not available to them. People have been committing violent crime since long before the invention of firearms, but the number of firearm homicides during that period of time was probably close to 0 throughout the world.

The reality is that, if you look at homicide by any means (certainly not the best way of comparing national safety and crime, but a hell of a lot better than what you picked since it at least encompassed far more crime), and you don't ignore obviously important countries like Switzerland due to its unique gun laws on the continent with the most developed nations, you get much closer numbers.

The charts below compare the correlation between homicide rate and gun laws (above) and then homicide rate to % blacks (below). For the first chart, the homicide rate per 250,000 people (based on the data from your website) ranged from 1-13 so I set up lax gun laws to be 13 and strict ones to be 0. That way, if your theory is right, the line should correlate since that's your theory.

bl.gif

The bottom chart uses the same per 250,000 statistic, but compares it against % black (in the population). Data on blacks in Switzerland is difficult to find (perhaps because there are so few blacks there), but most estimates place it at around 1%.

It's a MUCH stronger correlation.

To sum it up: countries like Switzerland show you theory to be bullshit. And I wouldn't be surprised if data on assaults/robberies/violent crime shows your theory to be even shittier.

Last edited:

Nobody saw a gun.

He was contained.
But he did have a knife and the cops were at the limit of what would be considered acceptable as far as the distance between the suspect and cops is concerned. And he was moving towards the cops. I ask again: what should the cops have done?

The problem is obvious: it excludes all other crimes, like assaults and robberies, which are much more common. Gun homicide is relatively rare compared to other violent crimes, and especially compared to other crimes in general.

No, you see, here's the thing. Assault and robbery, which are probably also more common in this country, are harder to define, and frankly, not as big of a deal.

But he did have a knife and the cops were at the limit of what would be considered acceptable as far as the distance between the suspect and cops is concerned. And he was moving towards the cops. I ask again: what should the cops have done?

A whole lot of things. He could have deescalated the situation by talking the kid down.
He could have waited for backup.

Oh, yeah, he wasn't moving towards the cop aggressively. He was just kind of wandering around stoned.

The charts below compare the correlation between homicide rate and gun laws (above) and then homicide rate to % blacks (below). For the first chart, the homicide rate per 250,000 people (based on the data from your website) ranged from 1-13 so I set up lax gun laws to be 13 and strict ones to be 0. That way, if your theory is right, the line should correlate since that's your theory.

Anyone who creates a graph like this probably doesn't understand how statistics work. Dismissed.

Anyone who creates a graph like this probably doesn't understand how statistics work. Dismissed.

Those like you that run a company you work for out of business doesn't understand how business works. Dismissed, NL.

Those like you that run a company you work for out of business doesn't understand how business works. Dismissed, NL.

Sorry, the egos bigger than life needed no help from me to put their companies out of business.

We just all stood their aghast while they made the awful decisions.

Sure they did. It happened more than once and the only common factor was YOU.

Actually, the other common factors were -

Recessions.
Truly awful management decisions.
Changes in markets related to those industries

But here was the thing... thousands of companies I totally didn't work at also went out of business.

The reality is, in a dynamic economy, 13 million jobs are eliminated every year.. and 15 million new jobs are created. The trick, of course, is to be ready to grab up one of those new jobs.

But when your career highlight is "Head Possum Catcher", it's hard for you to comprehend that.

Actually, the other common factors were -

Recessions.
Truly awful management decisions.
Changes in markets related to those industries

But here was the thing... thousands of companies I totally didn't work at also went out of business.

The reality is, in a dynamic economy, 13 million jobs are eliminated every year.. and 15 million new jobs are created. The trick, of course, is to be ready to grab up one of those new jobs.

But when your career highlight is "Head Possum Catcher", it's hard for you to comprehend that.

While you can claim all those other factors played a role, the only one that can be proven is YOU being the common factor.

When your life highlight is N-Lover, it's hard for you to think about anything else.

The problem is obvious: it excludes all other crimes, like assaults and robberies, which are much more common. Gun homicide is relatively rare compared to other violent crimes, and especially compared to other crimes in general.

No, you see, here's the thing. Assault and robbery, which are probably also more common in this country, are harder to define, and frankly, not as big of a deal.
So if someone robbed you and beat you into a coma, it's not a big deal?

You're a retard! Maybe someone DID beat you into a coma to give you the extensive brain damage you apparently have.

Anyway, even if your brain is damaged, the bottom line is you made a claim regarding crime and you didn't show any evidence when called on it. It's called bait-and-switch, or in your case, drool-and-post-the-first-thing-you-find.

A whole lot of things. He could have deescalated the situation by talking the kid down.
He could have waited for backup.

Oh, yeah, he wasn't moving towards the cop aggressively. He was just kind of wandering around stoned.
He did wait for backup, as long as he could. And he did talk to the "kid," for as long as he could. The "kid" wasn't listening and was still approaching the cops. Those are the facts.

Your liberal wet dream aside, what does he do now? Pretending the "kid" isn't "aggressively" doing anything doesn't make him or his knife go away. Sometimes talking doesn't work on people, just like when I post evidence and your retarded ass ignores it.

...says the guy who thinks the number of gun homicides is the same thing as a crime rate.

You're a retard! Maybe someone DID beat you into a coma to give you the extensive brain damage you apparently have.

Anyway, even if your brain is damaged, the bottom line is you made a claim regarding crime and you didn't show any evidence when called on it. It's called bait-and-switch, or in your case, drool-and-post-the-first-thing-you-find.

Not at all Point is, Murder is a crime you can clearly define. And other industrialized nations have a lot less of them because they don't let every crazy person own a gun.

Assault, on the other hand, is completely different. In the UK, pretty much any fight in a pub can be classified as a criminal assault, while in the US, the standard is a lot higher. So on paper, it looks like we have "less" assaults, the fact is, they aren't counting the same thing.

He did wait for backup, as long as he could. And he did talk to the "kid," for as long as he could. The "kid" wasn't listening and was still approaching the cops. Those are the facts.

Your liberal wet dream aside, what does he do now? Pretending the "kid" isn't "aggressively" doing anything doesn't make him or his knife go away. Sometimes talking doesn't work on people, just like when I post evidence and your retarded ass ignores it.

Again, if you a trained law enforcement officer, and you can't handle a depressed kid with a pen-knife, maybe you should find something else to do for a living.

Not at all Point is, Murder is a crime you can clearly define. And other industrialized nations have a lot less of them because they don't let every crazy person own a gun.

Assault, on the other hand, is completely different. In the UK, pretty much any fight in a pub can be classified as a criminal assault, while in the US, the standard is a lot higher. So on paper, it looks like we have "less" assaults, the fact is, they aren't counting the same thing.
If you're unable to prove something, why did you claim it to be true?

Again, if you a trained law enforcement officer, and you can't handle a depressed kid with a pen-knife, maybe you should find something else to do for a living.
He did know how to handle the "kid." And he did handle him. Quite well.
You, on the other hand, have no answer.

While you can claim all those other factors played a role, the only one that can be proven is YOU being the common factor.

When your life highlight is N-Lover, it's hard for you to think about anything else.

Again, racists are never successful in life... which is why they hate.

Since I'm successful, so much for your claims about me.

Since you have admitted you ran companies out of business and are yet to prove any claims of your success, guess we know who is the racist. That would be you.

Forum List

Back