Lezbo Softball Team kicked out of Church League

Got the point across, though, didn't it?

Here ya go:

Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

You're gonna have to explain how that pertains to the OP.
The church, with their holier-than-thou attitude shunned one of their sisters in Christ over something that is not up to them to condemn her for.
Jesus didn't shun the prostitute or the leper. Why would He have His children shun others?

That's a good question. Obviously the church believed what it says in Romans and Corinthians in the New Testament. I would also think that if the gay team really wants to play they can find teams to play against them because I know there are gay teams all over the place. I believe the church has the right to decide who they want to play against. That's their right.

i'll pray for you that you might come to understand god.

I'll take that as an admission you don't have a clue. I already knew that, but I just wanted you to confirm it for us. Thanks.

casting-the-first-stone.jpg

Oh that's okay. No need to celebrate your defeat, but if you insist, thanks for the compliment.

A Tennessee women's softball team and its coach were banned from a church league after church members learned the coach was gay, MyFoxMemphis.com reported.

In May, Jana Jacobson's team, composed of straight and gay players, discovered Bellevue Baptist Church in Cordova was allowing softball teams not associated with the church to participate in summer competition.

The season was supposed to begin for the team on June 8. But they never got the chance to play.

According to Jacobson, Scotty Shows, the church's recreation minister told her that because she was a lesbian the team could not play. She was told that the team's participation would send a message to Bellevue members that the church condoned her lifestyle, the Commercial Appeal newspaper reported.

Jacobson noted that the league rules included: no alcohol, smoking or cursing and no offensive terms on uniforms. Jacobson didn’t recall any mention of a morality clause.

"Finally, in my frustration, I said that I am going to be clear. I am gay, and I find all of this to be absurd and against the word of God as I know it," Jacobson told the Commercial Appeal.

Bellevue Baptist Church did not return calls made by FoxNews.com for comment.

FOXNews.com - Tennessee Church Kicks Gay Softball Coach Out of League

You are a classy guy, Jack.

Don't let these "Lezbos" tell you differently.

A Tennessee women's softball team and its coach were banned from a church league after church members learned the coach was gay, MyFoxMemphis.com reported.

In May, Jana Jacobson's team, composed of straight and gay players, discovered Bellevue Baptist Church in Cordova was allowing softball teams not associated with the church to participate in summer competition.

The season was supposed to begin for the team on June 8. But they never got the chance to play.

According to Jacobson, Scotty Shows, the church's recreation minister told her that because she was a lesbian the team could not play. She was told that the team's participation would send a message to Bellevue members that the church condoned her lifestyle, the Commercial Appeal newspaper reported.

Jacobson noted that the league rules included: no alcohol, smoking or cursing and no offensive terms on uniforms. Jacobson didn’t recall any mention of a morality clause.

"Finally, in my frustration, I said that I am going to be clear. I am gay, and I find all of this to be absurd and against the word of God as I know it," Jacobson told the Commercial Appeal.

Thanks. Did ya hear that Nike has a new shoe for lezbos? They have extra long tongues.

Thanks. Did ya hear that Nike has a new shoe for lezbos? They have extra long tongues.

gia_044.jpg

Maybe the men should take notes.

Hell, it might cut the "Lezbo" population in half.

You're gonna have to explain how that pertains to the OP.
The church, with their holier-than-thou attitude shunned one of their sisters in Christ over something that is not up to them to condemn her for.
Jesus didn't shun the prostitute or the leper. Why would He have His children shun others?

That's a good question. Obviously the church believed what it says in Romans and Corinthians in the New Testament. I would also think that if the gay team really wants to play they can find teams to play against them because I know there are gay teams all over the place. I believe the church has the right to decide who they want to play against. That's their right.

Ya see, though, Frank.... i really take to heart the Lord's Prayer where it says, "as we forgive those who trespass against us".
No gay or lesbian person has ever trespassed against me, so it's not up to me to forgive them (or damn them). That is WAYYYY above my station.
Jesus gave me 2 commandments:
Love my Father with all my heart, and
Love my brother as myself.
You do those two things and everything else will take care of itself.

That is not to say that agree with or condone or justify (or whatever the word of the week {weak} is) their lifestyle.
I am only commanded to love them.

It's the closed-door/mind policy of so many churches that are turning so many people away.

I recently had a debate with a Muslim about the fastest growing religion in America.
Of course he thought it was Islam when, in fact, it is the "non-denominational" category that has seen the biggest increase.
That's because people are fed up with "organized religions".

Anyhoo......
GodBless
(sorry so long-winded)
:redface:

Ya see, though, Frank.... i really take to heart the Lord's Prayer where it says, "as we forgive those who trespass against us".
No gay or lesbian person has ever trespassed against me, so it's not up to me to forgive them (or damn them). That is WAYYYY above my station.
Jesus gave me 2 commandments:
Love my Father with all my heart, and
Love my brother as myself.
You do those two things and everything else will take care of itself.

That is not to say that agree with or condone or justify (or whatever the word of the week {weak} is) their lifestyle.
I am only commanded to love them.

It's the closed-door/mind policy of so many churches that are turning so many people away.

I recently had a debate with a Muslim about the fastest growing religion in America.
Of course he thought it was Islam when, in fact, it is the "non-denominational" category that has seen the biggest increase.
That's because people are fed up with "organized religions".

Anyhoo......
GodBless
(sorry so long-winded)
:redface:

You've got it wrong. Jesus never said to love your brother as yourself. He said to love your neighbor as yourself.

Who is his brother and Jesus said............?

Last edited:
I'll take that as an admission you don't have a clue. I already knew that, but I just wanted you to confirm it for us. Thanks.

well, someone doesn't have a clue; we can certainly agree on that. :thup:

You're the one who didn't respond to the topic. Looks like it's you.

i guess i've been too subtle then, and i apologize. let me try to state it a little more baldly. people who use their religion and distorted interpretation of god as an excuse to perpetuate their own hatred and bigotry are despicable and an abomination in god's eyes. since i believe in god and the inherent goodness of every person, i feel that i should pray for people like that to understand god's will, so i'm praying for them all, including you.

Forum List

Back