Lezbo Softball Team kicked out of Church League

Jack Fate

I'm Your Daddy
May 31, 2010
Northern Washington state
A Tennessee women's softball team and its coach were banned from a church league after church members learned the coach was gay, MyFoxMemphis.com reported.

In May, Jana Jacobson's team, composed of straight and gay players, discovered Bellevue Baptist Church in Cordova was allowing softball teams not associated with the church to participate in summer competition.

The season was supposed to begin for the team on June 8. But they never got the chance to play.

According to Jacobson, Scotty Shows, the church's recreation minister told her that because she was a lesbian the team could not play. She was told that the team's participation would send a message to Bellevue members that the church condoned her lifestyle, the Commercial Appeal newspaper reported.

Jacobson noted that the league rules included: no alcohol, smoking or cursing and no offensive terms on uniforms. Jacobson didn’t recall any mention of a morality clause.

"Finally, in my frustration, I said that I am going to be clear. I am gay, and I find all of this to be absurd and against the word of God as I know it," Jacobson told the Commercial Appeal.

Bellevue Baptist Church did not return calls made by FoxNews.com for comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/17/church-members-kick-gay-softball-coach-league/

That's right down here. I've played in Church leagues before (not here) and they aren't exactly the most "Christian" environment...

"I am gay, and I find all of this to be absurd and against the word of God as I know it,"

That's her problem. She doesn't know the Word of God.

what is the word of god regarding softball leagues?

or is it the gay part that has the church's panties in a wad?

That's what I want to know. The lezbo claims she has the Word of God on her side and I can't find it.

"I am gay, and I find all of this to be absurd and against the word of God as I know it,"

That's her problem. She doesn't know the Word of God.

That's what I want to know. The lezbo claims she has the Word of God on her side and I can't find it.

where in the bible does it say that god forbids gay women to play softball?

leviticus?

where in the bible does it say that god forbids gay women to play softball?

leviticus?

Thou shall not touch a ball if you don't touch balls.
-Pubes 16. 5

You are mistaken. Try again. That is not what it says.
Got the point across, though, didn't it?

Here ya go:

Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

You're gonna have to explain how that pertains to the OP.
The church, with their holier-than-thou attitude shunned one of their sisters in Christ over something that is not up to them to condemn her for.
Jesus didn't shun the prostitute or the leper. Why would He have His children shun others?

Got the point across, though, didn't it?

Here ya go:

Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

i'll pray for you that you might come to understand god.

I'll take that as an admission you don't have a clue. I already knew that, but I just wanted you to confirm it for us. Thanks.

i'll pray for you that you might come to understand god.

I'll take that as an admission you don't have a clue. I already knew that, but I just wanted you to confirm it for us. Thanks.

casting-the-first-stone.jpg

Forum List

Back