Lezbo Prevention Medicine

That works for me. However, it doesn't apply to this Dr.'s work. She isn't trying to "cure" lesbianism. She is trying to find a work around for a well-known enzymatic block.

You can see my above edit if you want to more info (I screwed up my pathology a bit. Whoops).
No worries. Yes, this condition is worthy of study and treatment. I hope Dr. New is successful.

I hope her inbox isn't flooded with e-mails on Tuesday. However, I bet it will be.
Undoubtedly. And she needs to auto-forward them to the idiot reporter.

No worries. Yes, this condition is worthy of study and treatment. I hope Dr. New is successful.

I hope her inbox isn't flooded with e-mails on Tuesday. However, I bet it will be.
Undoubtedly. And she needs to auto-forward them to the idiot reporter.

What annoys me about that article is that it is deliberately slanted to try and portray this as some sort of social engineering experiment. I mean, I don't know how the reporter stumbled upon it, but they must have really worked hard to misrepresent the issue.

Dr. New works at Mt. Sinai. That is a well known and respected institution.

Furthermore, any medical research has to be approved by an institutional review board which makes sure that the experiment is not dangerous and unethical. I highly doubt Dr. New would have been approved and received funding to treat CAH simply to "prevent lesbianism" or whatever.

Agreed. I actually re-read it, because I thought maybe this was in some third world country or something. I was surprised with Mt. Sinai.

I am not. I fully expect that an endocrinologist would be interested in trying to treat CAH. This really isn't anymore controversial than any other hormonal pathology. The article is just trying to make it seem so.

What annoys me about that article is that it is deliberately slanted to try and portray this as some sort of social engineering experiment. I mean, I don't know how the reporter stumbled upon it, but they must have really worked hard to misrepresent the issue.

What annoys ME is the number of issues that the media does NOT need to "work really hard to misrepresent."

Obviously, they think they're subscribers are idiots.

A New York City doctor is administering dangerous steroids to pregnant women, trying to prevent homosexuality, as well as the fetuses’ future desire to “explore ‘male careers’”, or have “disinterest in becoming mothers.”

... Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) that causes the genitals in female babies to appear more male because of overproduction of male hormones.

In one of her research papers, New writes, “CAH women as a group have a lower interest than controls in getting married and performing the traditional child-care/housewife role. As children, they show an unusually low interest in engaging in maternal play with baby dolls, and their interest in caring for infants, the frequency of daydreams or fantasies of pregnancy and motherhood, or the expressed wish of experiencing pregnancy and having children of their own appear to be relatively low in all age groups.”

New and her colleagues believe that the risky steroid will help ensure female fetuses develop into a more feminine role.

New claims this could be the first treatment to “reduce rates of homosexuality, bisexuality, and low maternal interest.”

NYC Doctor Trying to 'Prevent Homosexuality' With Experimental Drug - Children's Health - FOXNews.com

Who are these guinea pigs? Should they even be allowed to have children? :( Should this doctor be allowed to practice?

WTF?

Giving experimental drugs to pregnant women, in the hopes that the kids will turn out the way the mother's picture they should be?

WTF? My only concern with my children both pre and post birth is that they remain healthy, and know that I love them. I don't care if they think or discover they are homosexuals later in life.
mmmm MMM! Let's hear it for "Positive" Eugenics! Your healthcare tax dollars at work to make the ideal society.

NYC Doctor Trying to 'Prevent Homosexuality' With Experimental Drug - Children's Health - FOXNews.com

Who are these guinea pigs? Should they even be allowed to have children? :( Should this doctor be allowed to practice?

WTF?

Giving experimental drugs to pregnant women, in the hopes that the kids will turn out the way the mother's picture they should be?

WTF? My only concern with my children both pre and post birth is that they remain healthy, and know that I love them. I don't care if they think or discover they are homosexuals later in life.
mmmm MMM! Let's hear it for "Positive" Eugenics! Your healthcare tax dollars at work to make the ideal society.

Cool.

I understand that within 50 years, all heterosexual wimmin will look like:

Halle_Berry.jpg

and all Rugmunchers will look like:

Clinton_Hillary_s.jpg

What annoys ME is the number of issues that the media does NOT need to "work really hard to misrepresent."

Obviously, they think they're subscribers are idiots.

That usually borders on the objective. This is more subjective in that CAH is a medical problem that extends far beyond "sexuality".

It's pretty easy to dupe a normal person on this issue. Outside of studying endocrinology, I wouldn't expect most people to know about CAH. It's pretty obscure.

Last edited:

WTF?

Another poster duped.

WTF?

Another poster duped.

The point is, Big Fitz justified replying with a Halle Berry pic.

WTF?

Another poster duped.
Nooooo... not duped at all. I addressed the founding philosophy that messing with children in the womb is an expression of positive eugenics. As the current healthcare act has been passed, eugenics, positive (altering DNA) or negative (death panels) are both viable options.

The gay community better beware if ever it is shown that homosexuality is a birth defect that can be 'corrected'.

The gay community better beware if ever it is shown that homosexuality is a birth defect that can be 'corrected'.

Speaking generally and stereotypically, the people most likely to object to a gay child are the least likely to abort it. The people least likely to object to a gay child are the most likely to abort it.

Weird, huh?

I doubt they're terribly concerned with this possibility.

Queerness is a BEHAVIOURIAL ABNORMALITY, no less a deviant compulsion than beastiality.

Another poster duped.
Nooooo... not duped at all. I addressed the founding philosophy that messing with children in the womb is an expression of positive eugenics. As the current healthcare act has been passed, eugenics, positive (altering DNA) or negative (death panels) are both viable options.

You have no idea what you are talking about. CAH is a pathological and possibly life threatening condition. Since it influences secondary sexual characteristics and development, it has to be addressed in the womb. We are not talking about an otherwise normal child who parents are changing for their own desires.

Secondly, this has nothing to do with healthcare reform. This is the type of scientific research that goes on every day no matter what.

Finally, the vast majority of homosexuals don't have CAH. This is not the etiology of "lesbianism".

Quit being dense.

Speaking generally and stereotypically, the people most likely to object to a gay child are the least likely to abort it. The people least likely to object to a gay child are the most likely to abort it.

Weird, huh?

Which might mean something if there was anyway to identify sexuality in the womb.

Hell, it might mean something if there were any genetic markers for homosexuality period.

A New York City doctor is administering dangerous steroids to pregnant women, trying to prevent homosexuality, as well as the fetuses’ future desire to “explore ‘male careers’”, or have “disinterest in becoming mothers.”

... Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) that causes the genitals in female babies to appear more male because of overproduction of male hormones.

In one of her research papers, New writes, “CAH women as a group have a lower interest than controls in getting married and performing the traditional child-care/housewife role. As children, they show an unusually low interest in engaging in maternal play with baby dolls, and their interest in caring for infants, the frequency of daydreams or fantasies of pregnancy and motherhood, or the expressed wish of experiencing pregnancy and having children of their own appear to be relatively low in all age groups.”

New and her colleagues believe that the risky steroid will help ensure female fetuses develop into a more feminine role.

New claims this could be the first treatment to “reduce rates of homosexuality, bisexuality, and low maternal interest.”

Its the womans body... she can do with it what she wants.

Forum List

Back