Levin: Let The Whole Damn Thing Collapse

Call the bluff of the liberal Democratics in Congress.

Call it, as Mark Levin does, "shut it down."

Call it, as I have and as others have, "Gridlock!"

But by no means should the Republicans in Congress endorse this bullshit.

well, you know what i think about levin.

but how is this vote different from what repubs voted for for the past 10 years?

it's not like they were fiscally responsible.

Just because the Repubes were irresponsible for 10 years (which I dont disagree with) does'nt mean that the Dems and a few RINO's need to pass this Bullshit bill.

This is just rediculous! 1.1 TRILLION dollars!!! Jeezus H Christ!!!!!! WE CANT AFFORD THIS CRAP!!!!

Let the gov't shut down for a few weeks... only essential personel stays. Im all for it....

This is why the Dems and alot of Repubes lost in November.... were'nt they listening? :confused:

I truly think Obama and his minions are out to destroy this nation. :evil:

BTW... We live in representative republic, not a democracy.

Fair enough question. The proposed rejection of this legislation is not premised, though, on any alleged consistency with past voting behavior.

Indeed, the exact opposite is true.

I subscribe to the notion that the American People spoke forcefully and eloquently in the Midterms. Business as usual itself got rejected. So voting against this crappy legislation is consistent with the directive just given to our legislators.

Levin is a genius. And he's absolutely right.

well, i don't know why you'd expect them to act differently. i could have told you they wouldn't. they want to spend and spend and not collect any money. i have issues with living off of the national credit card.

I think the repubs think too much was said by the last election (as opposed to the two prior). this one was about jobs, jobs, jobs...

and when corporations are sitting on two trillion dollars and not hiring because they want to manipulate the system to their advantage, you get the type of result that you got in november. i would remind you, though, that the repubs didn't win the senate. the could have, but they chose to go with extremists.

as for Levin, well, you already know that i don't think much of him. he may be a genius at self-promotion, but i wouldn't have wanted to learn con law from him.

but different strokes.

but how is this vote different from what repubs voted for for the past 10 years?

Just because the Repubes were irresponsible for 10 years (which I dont disagree with) does'nt mean that the Dems and a few RINO's need to pass this Bullshit bill.

This is just rediculous! 1.1 TRILLION dollars!!! Jeezus H Christ!!!!!! WE CANT AFFORD THIS CRAP!!!!

Let the gov't shut down for a few weeks... only essential personel stays. Im all for it....

This is why the Dems and alot of Repubes lost in November.... were'nt they listening? :confused:

I truly think Obama and his minions are out to destroy this nation. :evil:

BTW... We live in representative republic, not a democracy.

i still haven't said we live in a democracy. in fact, i specifically corrected that misconception. try reading what I wrote and not what that imbecile soggy *said* I wrote (after I said the opposite).

and no offense, but anyone who thinks the president is out "to destroy the country" has listened to a little too much glen beck.

Fair enough question. The proposed rejection of this legislation is not premised, though, on any alleged consistency with past voting behavior.

I subscribe to the notion that the American People spoke forcefully and eloquently in the Midterms. Business as usual itself got rejected. So voting against this crappy legislation is consistent with the directive just given to our legislators.

well, i don't know why you'd expect them to act differently. i could have told you they wouldn't. they want to spend and spend and not collect any money. i have issues with living off of the national credit card.

I think the repubs think too much was said by the last election (as opposed to the two prior). this one was about jobs, jobs, jobs...

and when corporations are sitting on two trillion dollars and not hiring because they want to manipulate the system to their advantage, you get the type of result that you got in november. i would remind you, though, that the repubs didn't win the senate. the could have, but they chose to go with extremists.

as for Levin, well, you already know that i don't think much of him. he may be a genius at self-promotion, but i wouldn't have wanted to learn con law from him.

but different strokes.

You can't judge how the newly elected Reps and Senators will behave based on what the out-going losers are doing at the butt-end of a lame duck session.

You would have learned con law much better if you'd had a genius like Levin teaching it to you.

I spend quite a lot of time listening to political talk from across the whole spectrum - A genius, Levin is not. He's one of, if not THE, dumbest, most hateful, vitriol-spewing, reprehensible pieces of garbage polluting the airwaves. Truly, he is.

The people spoke in the midterms in the tongue of "I'm angry and confused, why haven't you fixed this yet?". As to regular people out in the real world, most are not even aware that there's a tax bill on the table, let alone this omnibus bill.

I spend quite a lot of time listening to political talk from across the whole spectrum - A genius, Levin is not. He's one of, if not THE, dumbest, most hateful, vitriol-spewing, reprehensible pieces of garbage polluting the airwaves. Truly, he is.

The people spoke in the midterms in the tongue of "I'm angry and confused, why haven't you fixed this yet?". As to regular people out in the real world, most are not even aware that there's a tax bill on the table, let alone this omnibus bill.

Then you basically throw in with only one side of the spectrum, no matter how much you "listen" to.

Last edited:

but different strokes.

You can't judge how the newly elected Reps and Senators will behave based on what the out-going losers are doing at the butt-end of a lame duck session.

You would have learned con law much better if you'd had a genius like Levin teaching it to you.

i expect your newly elected repubs to do absolutely nothing but obstruct just like they said they would. i think they were pretty clear about wanting to shut down the government. that didn't go so well last time, but you never know.

And I'd think you'd have learned con law better if you learned from someone who did the amicus on Brown v Bd of Ed and was a prosecutor at neuremberg and not someone who went to Temple Law and never practiced con law. But like I said, different strokes.

but different strokes.

i expect your newly elected repubs to do absolutely nothing but obstruct just like they said they would. i think they were pretty clear about wanting to shut down the government. that didn't go so well last time, but you never know.

And I'd think you'd have learned con law better if you learned from someone who did the amicus on Brown v Bd of Ed and was a prosecutor at neuremberg and not someone who went to Temple Law and never practiced con law. But like I said, different strokes.

Obstructing everything Obama wants to do is what Republicans were elected to do.

Then you basically throw in with only one side of the spectrum, no matter how much you "listen" to.

Oh, I'm a Democrat, to be sure. But I get tired of listening to people I agree with for too long.. Plus a lot of the leftist talkers are kinda wishy-washy anyway. So I switch to Fox News talk and Patriot (the even further-right channel on Sirius) often.

I'm very familiar with Levin's work, in fact if I had to venture a guess, I'd say more so than anyone else in this thread.

Obstructing everything Obama wants to do is what Republicans were elected to do.

Amen. The Obama/liberal-Democrat Parody agenda sucks and needs to be be defeated at every turn until the time comes when President Obama has been retired to ghost write another memoir.

^^^^^^^

that

No, it's something they do on their own so they can frame the administration as a failure. They're not blocking legislation "Even if" it's going to bad for the country; They're blocking legislation "ESPECIALLY if" it's bad for the country... Believe that.

Amen. The Obama/liberal-Democrat Parody agenda sucks and needs to be be defeated at every turn until the time comes when President Obama has been retired to ghost write another memoir.

um... don't confuse him with palin. he wrote his. but whatever.

see, you go from perfectly reasonable discussion to encouraging trolls like the revere child.

*sigh*

^^^^^^^

that

It's bass-ackward "thinking" and entirely wrong.

President Obama "taught" Con Law but doesn't grasp the Constitution and doesn't much care for it to the extent he understands it ever so dimly.

Levin IS a genius and not even close to "dumb." That's just Culo talking his typical ignorant smack. :cuckoo: If Culo had a functioning brain in his pin head (he doesn't) he would recognize that although Levin comes across as angry a good deal of the time, that's not the same as hateful or as a guy offering "vitriol." He's not. He cares very deeply about he fundamental principles spelled out to a large extent in our Constitution and is trying (against the grain these days) to preach it to the American People who have largely lost sight of those things.

The American people have been lethargic in many political things. That much is true. But sometimes the sleeping giant awakens. That is what happened in the midterms.

You can choose to believe otherwise. But you would be wrong. Those who fail to heed the commands of the electorate as CLEARLY expressed in the Midterm Elections will not -- hereafter -- last long in elected office. The game has changed.

^^^^^^^

that

President Obama "taught" Con Law but doesn't grasp the Constitution and doesn't much care for it to the extent he understands it ever so dimly.

Levin IS a genius and not even close to "dumb." That's just Culo talking his typical ignorant smack. :cuckoo: If Culo had a functioning brain in his pin head (he doesn't) he would recognize that although Levin comes across as angry a good deal of the time, that's not the same as hateful or as a guy offering "vitriol." He's not. He cares very deeply about he fundamental principles spelled out to a large extent in our Constitution and is trying (against the grain these days) to preach it to the American People who have largely lost sight of those things.

The American people have been lethargic in many political things. That much is true. But sometimes the sleeping giant awakens. That is what happened in the midterms.

You can choose to believe otherwise. But you would be wrong. Those who fail to heed the commands of the electorate as CLEARLY expressed in the Midterm Elections will not -- hereafter -- last long in elected office. The game has changed.

***Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh***

Please explain, in detail, why you believe Obama either/or "Doesn't grasp" or "Doesn't care for" the constitution.

Those are just words - They don't mean anything. Not at all atypical of a Levin fan.

um... don't confuse him with palin. he wrote his. but whatever.

see, you go from perfectly reasonable discussion to encouraging trolls like the revere child.

*sigh*

Please.

There's not a chance in the Universe that President Obama "wrote" either of his memoirs to date.

And, Revere is perfectly on the right track. Levin is right. Culo is wrong. The American People are not a monolithic entity that can be pigeon-holed based on how they once behaved. Times have changed.

^^^^^^^

that

***Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh***

Please explain, in detail, why you believe Obama either/or "Doesn't grasp" or "Doesn't care for" the constitution.

Those are just words - They don't mean anything. Not at all atypical of a Levin fan.

No. You're wrong. President Obama has articulated his misgivings about the Constitution. If you are not aware of his statements, then you need to educate yourself.

Google could be your friend on this educational journey. Good luck. Bon voyage!

Forum List

Back