Letterman the victim of extortion attempt

I won't comment on Letterman. I don't know enough about the facts of how many women and under what circumstances the hankie-pankie happened to do that.

However.....

This IDIOT that was trying to extort him? 2 million dollars? He could have made a hell of alot more than that -- legally, by selling his information to the Enquirer or some such. Or by actually going to WORK and writing a tell-all book.

He chose the easy and illegal way to try to grift some cash. This makes him really really stupid and lazy.

Gotta agree there.

Of course, he was a card-carrying member of the liberal media, so should we really be that surprised?

Ah, that explains the stupid and lazy part of this moron.

I hope they throw the book at him too.

I won't comment on Letterman. I don't know enough about the facts of how many women and under what circumstances the hankie-pankie happened to do that.

However.....

This IDIOT that was trying to extort him? 2 million dollars? He could have made a hell of alot more than that -- legally, by selling his information to the Enquirer or some such. Or by actually going to WORK and writing a tell-all book.

He chose the easy and illegal way to try to grift some cash. This makes him really really stupid and lazy.

Gotta agree there.

Of course, he was a card-carrying member of the liberal media, so should we really be that surprised?
I don't know or care about his political stripe or his job. I know that he is a complete idiot the more I think about the money he and his "girlfriend" could have raked in on a book deal. The advance payment alone would likely have been at least $2 million.

He was not single - he was in the midst of a 20-plus year relationship with the mother of his only child.
We do not know the nature of that relationship. We don't know if it was supposed to be monogamous, or was an "open" relationship. Therefore any conclusions we would make are merely speculations by assumptions.

Wasn't his wife a staffer on the show back in the day?

If so she must have a clue as to Dave's goings on.

From out here this looks like low grade bullshit, but consider Berlusconi boffing all and sundry and he just smiles and goes on doing it. No chance of blackmail there.

Dave's big error was to keep on having a go at all those other guys doing the same. People in glass houses really shouldn't shoot Uzi's.

Not all work-place sexual contact is harassment. I posted a link to that above. If those factors didn't exist, then it wasn't harassment and he did nothing illegal.
if this had been a wall street CEO you ladies would be after his job
this is such a ridiculous thing to see anyone defending what this scumbag did
does that mean i suport him being extorted? NO!!!!!!!!
but DAMN, he IS a scumbag
No one's been defending him. IF he was screwing people he had no authority over then it is no one's business but his own, he was single. Doesn't mean anyone thinks he's a great guy...you people are so sex obsessed it makes us wonder if you've ever had any. :lol:

Yeah, Ravi, we're just a bunch of uptight conservatives. Your little labels are wearing thin.

I guess you missed the part where he was in a commited relationship for many years with his now wife, with whom he had a child in 2003. I guess as long as the ring isn't on the finger, it's okay to screw around? Is that how you see it? Even Letterman doesn't share your stupid opinion.

Days after revealing sexual romps with staffers, longtime 'Late Show' host David Letterman apologizes to wife, saying she was 'horribly hurt by my behavior.

Forum List

Back