Letterman Flings Slime at 14-Year-Old Willow Palin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard him attack the female children of anyone.

But you're the expert on attacking children...perhaps you know something I don't?

Tell me, are you a complete idiot? This is the third time I've referenced the "White House dog" remark. Or maybe you're ignorant of that, as with so many things. :rolleyes:

Let me think....right wing comedians calling female children and women by vile adages...

True...I suppose El Rushbo wouldn't qualify as a "comedian," inasmuch as he's more unintentionally funny than anything else. ;)

But you're the expert on attacking children...perhaps you know something I don't?

Limbaugh joke: Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is a White House dog?" And he puts up a picture of Chelsea Clinton. Chelsea Clinton is 13 years old.

Sounds like attacking a female child to me.

Tell me, are you a complete idiot? This is the third time I've referenced the "White House dog" remark. Or maybe you're ignorant of that, as with so many things. :rolleyes:

Maybe he has reading comprehension problems?:tongue:

Let me think....right wing comedians calling female children and women by vile adages...

True...I suppose El Rushbo wouldn't qualify as a "comedian," inasmuch as he's more unintentionally funny than anything else. ;)

Um ... yeah he did, he called my friend a "dyke" when she called into his show disagreeing with him, and she was only 15 at the time. The irony is that she's straight, she just called him asshole in return.

Limbaugh joke: Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is a White House dog?" And he puts up a picture of Chelsea Clinton. Chelsea Clinton is 13 years old.

Sounds like attacking a female child to me.

But at least he didn't make a joke about her fornicating with a colored. :lol:

You all are losing it... :lol:

Yeah, I am.

I have a 9 year old daughter.

Let's start making fun of everyone's underage daughters shall we?

Yeah, that is so funny.

A 62 year old man saying someone's daughter was raped, is a prostitute, and their mother is slutty.

Wow - all that women's liberation work has sure brought this nation a long way has it not?

For once in your life grow up and stand for something - or at the very least, stand against this kind of disgusting shrek calling itself television humor.

No more Letterman in my home. NEVER.

This was way too far, and the more I think of it the more it pisses me off.

It's more of the Left's 1 way street thinking.

Wow, I'm really blown away by how out of porportion these reactionaries have blown this. Letterman is not a spokesman for any political organization, including the Democratic Party, nor is he the unofficial spokesman for liberal Americans (in the classic or progressive senses). If you have a problem with his jokes, well, let the capitalist system handle it: don't watch his show, his ratings will drop, and eventually they'll cut him from the late night line-up.

Personally, I don't have a problem with this kind of sick humor because all it is, is a joke: its just meant to cause laughter, or at least a reaction (which it obviously did with you conservative cry babies). Who cares? What's the big deal? Do you want to censor Letterman now?

Ever heard this joke:

What's the best thing about showering with a 15 year old girl? If you slick her hair back, she looks twelve!

What's the best thing about having sex with a 12 year old girl? If you flip her over, it's like having sex with a twelve year old boy!

Oh no! Are the Joke Police going to come after me? What next, there rightwingers, Thought Police? Isn't that what you are always complaining about? How pro-lifers are going to be regarded as terrorists? And now bad jokes should be against the law, too? Come off it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Get over it!

Personally, I think Rush Limbaugh's joke about Chelsea Clinton is way more hurtful to her and extremely insensitive on his part. Oh, but Conservatives aren't a bunch of whiners who want to turn to their mommy-government because they're too sensitive and don't want their feelings hurt. Wah.

Women's lib was about equality, crying foul everytime someone makes a joke about women is not equality. I believe in women's liberation myself. If you are worried that "she's underage" ... adults make fun of kids all the time, be fucking real, worried about the "sexual innuendo" ... come on, Hannah Montana ... there's sex all over TV, it's a common joke topic anywhere you look.

Women's lib was about equality, crying foul everytime someone makes a joke about women is not equality. I believe in women's liberation myself. If you are worried that "she's underage" ... adults make fun of kids all the time, be fucking real, worried about the "sexual innuendo" ... come on, Hannah Montana ... there's sex all over TV, it's a common joke topic anywhere you look.

Wrong.

Women's Lib is about abortion, and promoting liberal feminists.

Conservative women are not considered women by feminists.

A popular new bumper sticker reads:

"They're not women - they're Republicans!"

You and a few others in here have repeatedly defended David Letterman's disgusting sexual remarks regarding a 14 year old girl.

Nothing more need be said by you - the rest of us know well where your moral compass points....

Amanda, sometimes I think you are the most frustrating person on USMB for how irrational, and prejudicially blind you can sometimes be.

You call the Left whiners for complaining about people being "un-PC", but then when the Right whines about a joke some tv comedian who isn't even that funny makes, then the Left is guilty of 1-Way Street thinking? Can you really defend just how ironic AND hypocritical that is?

And please, stop, as you told me once before, "lumping" people altogether. That's more hypocrisy from you little Ms. Spotless. At least I realize human beings, including me, are quite capable and are frequently hypocritical. But I guess that's just more Leftist hypocrisy, right?

Wrong.

You and a few others in here have repeatedly defended David Letterman's disgusting sexual remarks regarding a 14 year old girl.

Nothing more need be said by you - the rest of us know well where your moral compass points....

Thanks for the White, Conservative, Traditional Male definition of what Women's Liberation means. I'm sure it's accurate. Just how many Women's Studies classses did you take at the University?

Now, let me just repeat myself one last time in the small hope that somehow it gets through your rightwing reactionary brick wall of a head: WE'RE NOT DEFENDING THE JOKE, WE'RE DEFENDING HIS RIGHT TO MAKE A BAD JOKE. Go point your moral compass at something important instead, Professor.

Wrong.

Binary thinking is really starting to piss me off. What goes on today is not what the movement started as or what it means, it's just people using it to their own means, and I have seen many movements used this way.

They aren't that "sexual" either, calling someone a slut isn't the worst thing I have heard from either side, it's pretty fucking tame. The funny thing is, at least I have a moral compass unlike those who attack a comedian for a joke at every chance they get while supporting idiot shock jocks who agree with their views for shit they say that is worse. Come on, give me a real challenge.

Amanda, sometimes I think you are the most frustrating person on USMB for how irrational, and prejudicially blind you can sometimes be.

You call the Left whiners for complaining about people being "un-PC", but then when the Right whines about a joke some tv comedian who isn't even that funny makes, then the Left is guilty of 1-Way Street thinking? Can you really defend just how ironic AND hypocritical that is?

And please, stop, as you told me once before, "lumping" people altogether. That's more hypocrisy from you little Ms. Spotless. At least I realize human beings, including me, are quite capable and are frequently hypocritical. But I guess that's just more Leftist hypocrisy, right?

It is the DOUBLE STANDARD that is also at issue here.

Letterman makes sexual remarks about a 14 year old girl...and near silence follows. Nay, actual DEFENSE of Letterman by this same media results.

Had similar remarks been made about the Obama girls, the media would be gathering torches and pitchforks.(and I would support them in that - kids and jokes of sex should NEVER be condoned) And if you don't believe that, you're less astute than even I imagined...

Last edited:
All those people who keep getting outraged by these bad jokes, why not give the FCC even more power and let them take everything that offends someone off the air. Goodbye Rush Limbaugh, goodbye Jay Leno, goodbye Maury Povich, goodbye Jerry Springer, goodbye ... well ... everything but kiddy cartoons, even the news is offensive.

All those people who keep getting outraged by these bad jokes, why not give the FCC even more power and let them take everything that offends someone off the air. Goodbye Rush Limbaugh, goodbye Jay Leno, goodbye Maury Povich, goodbye Jerry Springer, goodbye ... well ... everything but kiddy cartoons, even the news is offensive.

So you support Letterman making sexual jokes about a 14 year old girl?

Yes or No.

Nothing else - just state yes or no.

So you support Letterman making sexual jokes about a 14 year old girl?

Yes or No.

Nothing else - just state yes or no.

I support freedom of speech, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back