Letterman Caves

As being reported on the The Jason Lewis Show , David Letterman has caved in and will issue a real apology to Willow and Sarah Palin, rather than his weak-assed rationalization proffered last week.

I haven't watched him for years now, this ain't gonna get me to tune in either.
You won't have to, it'll run all the next day on every network in existence.

As being reported on the The Jason Lewis Show , David Letterman has caved in and will issue a real apology to Willow and Sarah Palin, rather than his weak-assed rationalization proffered last week.

The transcript of his "apology" part deux is on The Drudge Report, still not sincere or believable. He again repeats the lie that it was directed at Bristol but then says that he didn't know that any daughter was with Palin at the game. That certainly doesn't explain how A-Rod could knock up her daughter if she wasn't at the game, the joke doesn't even make sense if he didn't think a daughter was at the game. Letterman is a pussy, no wonder he is such an Obama lickass.

Last edited:
My problem with this whole episode is that Palin is kind of living in a glass house here. Ms. Conservative Wonder Woman's daughter actually was impregnated outside of marriage. So the joke wasn't that far off. Am I missing something? So Palin rips Letterman, who has always struck me as a pretty gentlemanly type. The faux concern with feminism is also pretty cynical. If anything, Letterman was enforcing conservative norms.

Why was she silent when the Jewish "comedienne" Sandra Bernhard tore into her and called her a SHIKSA?

Last edited:
I wish he'd tell her to take her own advice and get over it. Do the Christian thing, forgive and forget. Ain't she one of those rare creatures, Christians? Thought I heard that somewhere!

Sarah Palin 's Tough Criticism Of Hillary Clinton Video

He should have just let it lie, the story was going away.

I think he really felt bad about saying it. I think he's a nice guy for doing it, now he can walk away and just let Palin crow about all the "pain" his joke caused her family.

My problem with this whole episode is that Palin is kind of living in a glass house here. Ms. Conservative Wonder Woman's daughter actually was impregnated outside of marriage. So the joke wasn't that far off. Am I missing something? So Palin rips Letterman, who has always struck me as a pretty gentlemanly type.

Why was she silent when the Jewish "comedienne" Sandra Bernhard tore into her?

is that how YOU view her? she's a mother who happens to be a conservative and like many parent's regardless if political views had a child who had a kid way too soon. happens to millions. she's not the only one

My problem with this whole episode is that Palin is kind of living in a glass house here. Ms. Conservative Wonder Woman's daughter actually was impregnated outside of marriage. So the joke wasn't that far off. Am I missing something? So Palin rips Letterman, who has always struck me as a pretty gentlemanly type. The faux concern with feminism is also pretty cynical. If anything, Letterman was enforcing conservative norms.

Why was she silent when the Jewish "comedienne" Sandra Bernhard tore into her and called her a SHIKSA?

Letterman is a hypocrite. Calling a teenager who *gasp* had a baby out of wedlock a "prostitute" when he himself had a child out of wedlock....well past his prime too. Not only is his comments disgusting...it's another liberal rule of "it's okay for me..but not for thee". Bristol is barely an adult..kids live in the moment and rarely think of consequences when they are young. What is Mr old fart gap tooth's excuse?

The pressure will continue against Letterman for a few more days at least.

Letterman was called to heal on this, and his reputation - already greatly diminished, will be left even more so. Currently there are those tuning in to see what his response to this conflict will be, but over the coming weeks, look for Lettermans already historically stagnant ratings to slip a bit further.

The Palins come off as an imperfect - yet very American, family. They have recovered some of the damage incurred against them in the last year via Governor Palin's willingness to draw a line and take Letterman to task.

Justice.

The transcript of his "apology" part deux is on The Drudge Report, still not sincere or believable. He again repeats the lie that it was directed at Bristol but then says that he didn't know that any daughter was with Palin at the game. That certainly doesn't explain how A-Rod could knock up her daughter if she wasn't at the game, the joke doesn't even make sense if he didn't think a daughter was at the game. Letterman is a pussy, no wonder he is such an Obama lickass.
Red states take more from the Federal Govenment than they pay in. Also, those wingnuts have the largest divorce rate. So much for all their talk of God and defense of marriage.

Once again...the left misses it by a mile. It's not that he made fun of Palin's daughter. It's the fact that he used RAPE as a joke. DAMN!!! This isn't that hard to understand if you actually allow the brain cells to do what God intended them to do. THINK FOR A MINUTE!!! What if some jagg off comedian made a joke about your daughter... reguardless of her age and her past that basically made fun of a grown man MOLESTING her? You DO know what MOLESTATION is right??? Unwanted contact...and in some cases it can be called RAPE. There was NOTHING funny about what Letterman said. It was crass, condescending and dispicable. Todd Palin should show up outside Letterman's house and see if Dave still has the same sense of humor on his sidewalk as he does on his stage.

As for the Sandra Bernhard comment...WHO FUGGIN CARES???? It's Sandra Bernhard for Christ's sake! She's a nobody...Just an ugly...bitter...old woman who can't make a dollar doing anything but cussing and spewing vulgar political jokes. Did I mention she's ugly??? The woman scares me. She could make halloween cookies with that face!!!! I didn't even know she was still alive until I heard her comments on line. I figured she had died of ugly age...I wouldn't miss her if she wasn't alive.

I wish he'd tell her to take her own advice and get over it. Do the Christian thing, forgive and forget. Ain't she one of those rare creatures, Christians? Thought I heard that somewhere!

Sarah Palin 's Tough Criticism Of Hillary Clinton Video

So your position is that only these "rare creatures" called Christians should forgive and forget? You really should get out more and open up to what the people around think and believe. You might find that the agnostics and atheists are the rare ones in this world.

But reguardless, Gov. Palin should be commended for standing up for the integrity of her daughter...no matter which one you choose to say Letterman was aiming at. It really doesn't matter if he was talking about a 14 year old, an 18 year old or a 24 year old. If he said that about my daughter, I wouldn't be talking to Matt Laurer or FOX News or MSNBC or anybody in the media...I'd be waiting for Letterman outside and talking to him face to face. You don't slander someone like that and just shrug it off until your legal advisors FORCE you to say something more genuine in the lines of an apology. I would definitely be able to do that rare christian thing and forgive and forget...but only AFTER he admitted he was wrong and was sincere in his admission.

Red states take more from the Federal Govenment than they pay in. Also, those wingnuts have the largest divorce rate. So much for all their talk of God and defense of marriage.

What a dumb ass stat if it is one. Red States? The low-lifes in the "red states" are Democrat voters idiot. The successful people in the "blue states" tend to be Republicans..... like you're going to find a lot of Democrats on Wall Street..... sure. You are a clown for even using that to try to make a point. Where did you get such a worthless stat, the Huffington Post?:lol::lol::lol:

Letterman feared being 'Imused' thus he now is sorry.

People should let it go, the guy did the right thing now, so that should end it.

Forum List

Back