Letterman Caves

Discussion in 'Media' started by Oddball, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    As being reported on the The Jason Lewis Show , David Letterman has caved in and will issue a real apology to Willow and Sarah Palin, rather than his weak-assed rationalization proffered last week.

I haven't watched him for years now, this ain't gonna get me to tune in either.

2. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    You won't have to, it'll run all the next day on every network in existence.

3. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    The transcript of his "apology" part deux is on The Drudge Report, still not sincere or believable. He again repeats the lie that it was directed at Bristol but then says that he didn't know that any daughter was with Palin at the game. That certainly doesn't explain how A-Rod could knock up her daughter if she wasn't at the game, the joke doesn't even make sense if he didn't think a daughter was at the game. Letterman is a pussy, no wonder he is such an Obama lickass.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  4. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
  5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    My problem with this whole episode is that Palin is kind of living in a glass house here. Ms. Conservative Wonder Woman's daughter actually was impregnated outside of marriage. So the joke wasn't that far off. Am I missing something? So Palin rips Letterman, who has always struck me as a pretty gentlemanly type. The faux concern with feminism is also pretty cynical. If anything, Letterman was enforcing conservative norms.

Why was she silent when the Jewish "comedienne" Sandra Bernhard tore into her and called her a SHIKSA?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  6. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,972
    He should have just let it lie, the story was going away.

I think he really felt bad about saying it. I think he's a nice guy for doing it, now he can walk away and just let Palin crow about all the "pain" his joke caused her family.

7. Jennifer.Bush

Jennifer.Bush Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    is that how YOU view her? she's a mother who happens to be a conservative and like many parent's regardless if political views had a child who had a kid way too soon. happens to millions. she's not the only one

8. Shadow

Shadow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +926
    Letterman is a hypocrite. Calling a teenager who *gasp* had a baby out of wedlock a "prostitute" when he himself had a child out of wedlock....well past his prime too. Not only is his comments disgusting...it's another liberal rule of "it's okay for me..but not for thee". Bristol is barely an adult..kids live in the moment and rarely think of consequences when they are young. What is Mr old fart gap tooth's excuse?

9. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    The pressure will continue against Letterman for a few more days at least.

Letterman was called to heal on this, and his reputation - already greatly diminished, will be left even more so. Currently there are those tuning in to see what his response to this conflict will be, but over the coming weeks, look for Lettermans already historically stagnant ratings to slip a bit further.

The Palins come off as an imperfect - yet very American, family. They have recovered some of the damage incurred against them in the last year via Governor Palin's willingness to draw a line and take Letterman to task.

Justice.

10. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,534
    Red states take more from the Federal Govenment than they pay in. Also, those wingnuts have the largest divorce rate. So much for all their talk of God and defense of marriage.