Letter to Sen. Durbin

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
From Colonel Curtis D. Dale, Ph.D. USAF (Ret)

Dale's letter to "Dick" Durbin
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:58:45 -0400

Forwarded as received...

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:50:27 -0700, Brig Gen ED
Aguiar USAF ret forwarded:
Senator Durbin,

I spent 27 years in the United States Air Force and flew three tours in Vietnam. I consider it an honor and a privilege to have known and served with so many great military men from the lowest ranks to the highest in those years and since. The young men and women of today are no less marvelous.

I detested what Jane Fonda and John Kerry did to our service men in that era, and I consider them both traitors of ALMOST the worst design. However, your largely fabricated presentation on the Senate Floor of two days ago will ultimately have worse effect upon this nation than what they did. You, therefore have assumed the unheralded position of one of the worst traitors I could ever imagine. Even Benedict Arnold had more righteous reasons for treason than you have. You gave aid and comfort to the enemy, you have abetted the terrorist by giving them marvelous verbiage to scatter throughout the Muslim world. But, worst of all, you have added to and altered a report which should never have seen the light of day in a what that discredits the honor of our fighting men today.

You, sir, are now a man whom I shall loathe far more that Fonda and Kerry. They made life miserable for our POWs and got chicken blood spattered on our sacred uniforms as we returned from the War. You, sir, have done your damnedest to spatter the reputations and honor of these great warriors. Oh, don't try to explain how esoteric your charges were and to now heap praise upon our people. Your words are spread across the world now on Al Jazerra and the liberal media that wants to tear down America. You attempted to disgrace every man and woman in the United States Armed Services with your despicable, politically motivated weeping session over the terrorist slime and scum that US Forces are holding in Gitmo Bay.

I will circulate what I have just written here as widely as possible. I hope the pressure is so great upon you that you will have to resign in disgrace. You used our soldiers and Marines for your own personal political vendetta. Shameless and without honor, sir!

Colonel Curtis D. Dale, Ph.D. USAF (Ret)

153 Combat Missions in Vietnam

Forum List

Back