Letter Grades on Cares

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Make that Letter Grades on Cars... LOL man I suck at typing

Never mind that they assume we are all to stupid to know what good Mileage is. What I do not like about them is it seems there system for assigning grades to cars takes into account Fuel Efficiency and Emissions but completely ignores hauling capacity.

So a tiny car that can only carry 2 people comfortably gets a good grade while a Hybrid SUV of VAN that can carry 7 people and cargo is given a D or F.

If you can Haul 7 people and get half as good Mileage as a care that can only carry 2 people. Who is really being more efficient.

Last edited:
What I want to know is if a tiny car carrying 2 people and getting 45 mpg leaves San Fransisco at 4:30am and an SUV carrying 7 people and getting 18 mpg leaves Oakland at 5:10 am, who will make it to Cleveland first?

What I want to know is if a tiny car carrying 2 people and getting 45 mpg leaves San Fransisco at 4:30am and an SUV carrying 7 people and getting 18 mpg leaves Oakland at 5:10 am, who will make it to Cleveland first?

The more important question is who used to Most gas PER PERSON to get them there :)

The tiny car...

b189459172.jpg

back on Point though. I really think it is wrong that Hauling Capacity is not factored in when they figure the Grades. If you have kids a tiny Super Fuel Efficient car is not feasible for you. So why make you feel like shit for getting a Vehicle that only got a D grade even when you buy the most efficient Vehicle you can get that Hauls as much as you need.

back on Point though. I really think it is wrong that Hauling Capacity is not factored in when they figure the Grades. If you have kids a tiny Super Fuel Efficient car is not feasible for you. So why make you feel like shit for getting a Vehicle that only got a D grade even when you buy the most efficient Vehicle you can get that Hauls as much as you need.

The simple answer is that the beltway bureaucrats have little or no interest in how you "feel". And an equal disdain for the environment beyond the $$$ the environmental lobby funnels to them. Mostly, it's just another government attempt at removing choice from the equation.

Forum List

Back