Letter from my employer concerning Obamacare/Obamatax

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 10:17 AM
To: *General Announcement
Subject: Update - Health Care Reform and **** Insurance Program

Admin: Please post for those without email. Thanks!

Good morning,

There may be some questions about the recent Supreme Court decision on Health Care Reform. Here is a summary from *****, **** insurance broker, regarding the decision and any impact to **** insurance program.

“In a complex 193 page ruling, the Supreme Court ruled that the ‘individual mandate’ in the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA) health care law is legal as long as it is an imposed tax for not obtaining health insurance. At this point the **** benefit program complies with all aspects of the PPACA law. The new tax will only impact those individuals that choose not to purchase health insurance and not until 2014. Employer provided benefits, like the **** program, are not subject to employee taxation, unless the benefit qualifies as a ‘Cadillac Plan’ and then not until 2018. The potential taxation of the plan as income to employees in 2018 is an area we will address as the concern becomes more prevalent.”

We’ll keep you posted if and when developments impact our insurance program.

Please call if you have any questions,

The reason I post this, is because every time I hear a moron liberal who claims you wont be affected at all unless you do not have a plan, I want to throw something at the TV, radio, or computer screen.
I've been around the block a few times, and you cannot sit there and tell me I wont be affected no matter what. This is a whole new entitlement program that will have it's own burecracy of the federal government. Ever know one of those that do anything but grow ?

Wont affect me or you my ass ! Just wait a few years dumbasses !

Actually, that letter says that you're not affected by the law, as far as they know right now.

Wow! Can't tell ya how much better THAT makes me feel.. . .NOT

The reason I post this, is because every time I hear a moron liberal who claims you wont be affected at all unless you do not have a plan, I want to throw something at the TV, radio, or computer screen.
I've been around the block a few times, and you cannot sit there and tell me I wont be affected no matter what. This is a whole new entitlement program that will have it's own burecracy of the federal government. Ever know one of those that do anything but grow ?

Actually, that letter says that you're not affected by the law, as far as they know right now.

I guess we don't need to ask what you're smoking. Far out, dudette.

It will just like all other nationalized health care countries.... you pay for national shit plan...and pay for the premium plan you want that will provide you with the care and standards you are used to having.

And in time prices for everything else will rise, just as they did in Canada... Because the money has to come from somewhere. The working class won't be able to foot the entire Bill.

Health care prices have been meteoric in the last 2 decades and insurance has been increasing too. One way or another the consumer will absorb the increases.

The cost of healthcare services is expected to rise 7.5 percent in 2013, more than three times the projected rates for inflation and economic growth, according to an industry research report released on Thursday.
But premiums for large employer-sponsored health plans could increase by only 5.5 percent as a result of company wellness programs and a growing trend toward plans that impose higher insurance costs on workers, said the report by the professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers, or PwC.
The projected growth rate of 7.5 percent for overall healthcare costs contrasts with expectations for growth of 2.4 percent in gross domestic product and a 2.0 percent rise in consumer prices during 2013, according to the latest Reuters economic survey.
Healthcare costs have long been known to outstrip economic growth and inflation rates, driving up government spending on programs such as Medicare and Medicaid at a time when federal policymakers and lawmakers are wrangling over how to trim the budget deficit of $1 trillion a year.
But PwC's Health Research Institute, which based its research on input from health plan actuaries, industry leaders, analyst reports and employer surveys, said data for the past three years suggest an extended slowdown in healthcare inflation from earlier decades when annual costs rose by double-digits.
"We're in the early beginnings of a shift toward consumerism in healthcare. And we think that you'll see more of that in the coming months and years," said Ceci Connolly, the health institute's managing director.
http://news.yahoo.com/healthcare-costs-rise-7-5-percent-2013-report-041109408--sector.html

It will just like all other nationalized health care countries.... you pay for national shit plan...and pay for the premium plan you want that will provide you with the care and standards you are used to having.

Except its nothing like any of those countries at all. But keep living in your fantasy world.

[/COLOR]

This early? Naw I'd have pretty much the same reaction to government double-speak high or not.:eusa_whistle:

I was going to reply to you but then I noticed the cat (multiple actually) in your avatar. Then I remembered that anyone with a cat in their avatar is guaranteed to be insane and incapable of rational thought. Why? I don't know, but it's a proven fact.

This early? Naw I'd have pretty much the same reaction to government double-speak high or not.:eusa_whistle:

I was going to reply to you but then I noticed the cat (multiple actually) in your avatar. Then I remembered that anyone with a cat in their avatar is guaranteed to be insane and incapable of rational thought. Why? I don't know, but it's a proven fact.

Whatever gets you through the night, Buddy.:badgrin:

Doc,

It's the UNCERTAINTY.

As you know, unless a business owner can be absolutely certain about what costs will be 6 years from now, he or she cannot possibly make a 5 year plan. They will be paralyzed by this uncertainty and will refrain from investing in their business and hiring employees....even if they need them to meet demand.

The 'uncertainty' argument is nothing more than propaganda. When was there EVER 'certainty'?

Never.

If there was any kind of certainty in business, we'd all be billionaires.

Except its nothing like any of those countries at all. But keep living in your fantasy world.

Actually it's going to be much MUCH worse because we have no experience with it and the upshot will be the only people that will get benefits from the system are the people that know how to work the system.

The big question to your health care provider will not be 'Are you a good doctor?' but 'Do you know how to work the system and keep me alive?"

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2012 10:17 AM
To: *General Announcement
Subject: Update - Health Care Reform and **** Insurance Program

Admin: Please post for those without email. Thanks!

Good morning,

There may be some questions about the recent Supreme Court decision on Health Care Reform. Here is a summary from *****, **** insurance broker, regarding the decision and any impact to **** insurance program.

“In a complex 193 page ruling, the Supreme Court ruled that the ‘individual mandate’ in the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA) health care law is legal as long as it is an imposed tax for not obtaining health insurance. At this point the **** benefit program complies with all aspects of the PPACA law. The new tax will only impact those individuals that choose not to purchase health insurance and not until 2014. Employer provided benefits, like the **** program, are not subject to employee taxation, unless the benefit qualifies as a ‘Cadillac Plan’ and then not until 2018. The potential taxation of the plan as income to employees in 2018 is an area we will address as the concern becomes more prevalent.”

We’ll keep you posted if and when developments impact our insurance program.

Please call if you have any questions,

I have no problem with it affecting me. If it costs me a couple of hundred dollars a year to ensure that millions of my fellow Americans have access to medical care, I can live with that. I recognize that I enjoy an unusually good lifestyle (compared to the rest of the world) because of the benefits this nation provides and I see nothing particulary unfair in the idea that I pay my fair share for it.

Try a couple hundred dollars a month.

Actually it's going to be much MUCH worse because we have no experience with it and the upshot will be the only people that will get benefits from the system are the people that know how to work the system.

The big question to your health care provider will not be 'Are you a good doctor?' but 'Do you know how to work the system and keep me alive?"

All you're doing with posts like this is reinforcing what I said earlier about people with Cat avatars.

All you're doing with posts like this is reinforcing what I said earlier about people with Cat avatars.

Insanity is under-rated. Actually it's my fall-back defense position.:cool:

I have no problem with it affecting me. If it costs me a couple of hundred dollars a year to ensure that millions of my fellow Americans have access to medical care, I can live with that. I recognize that I enjoy an unusually good lifestyle (compared to the rest of the world) because of the benefits this nation provides and I see nothing particulary unfair in the idea that I pay my fair share for it.

Try a couple hundred dollars a month.

I think your math is seriously off. Care to share how you arrived at an average increase of $2400 a year?

I got an email when this was passed that said in 2014 everyone was going to lose their health care because it can now be bought on Obamacare exchanges. I suppose in liberal world that isn't much of an effect.

I got an email when this was passed that said in 2014 everyone was going to lose their health care because it can now be bought on Obamacare exchanges. I suppose in liberal world that isn't much of an effect.

So did you return a letter asking when you could expect those monies, that are currently part of your compensation from teh company for doing your job, to be reflected in your take home check to pay for said insurance or did you just cry us a river and let them dock you without question?

Cause you might want to discuss that with a lawyer.

So you "got an email" that you apparently believe, but the legislation itself, that you don't bother to read to see if this email is correct?

How do you people function on a daily basis?

And in time prices for everything else will rise, just as they did in Canada... Because the money has to come from somewhere. The working class won't be able to foot the entire Bill.

Since I am self-employed, I have to pay the full amount for my health insurance. I don't have an employer who covers 70 or 80 percent of my insurance costs, so I know how much health insurance has really gone up over the last fifteen years. If you want to talk about insurance rates increasing, let's discuss how my rates increased by more than 10% every single year for more than ten years in a row, before Obamacare. After you explain to me how any of that was due to Obamacare, then please explain why my rates have only increased by 4.5% the last two years since Obamacare passed. While the 4.5% increases are still above the rate of inflation, the last two year's increases have been less than half of what they were prior to Obamacare. These are facts that I can see personally, not some numbers being thrown out by one talking group or another.

Now, moving on, if you want to compare us to Canada and their increasing costs, of course their costs are increasing. Costs for healthcare have been increasing worldwide for the last thirty years. The difference is that they still pay half of what we do. We are now paying $8000 per person per year. That is for every single person. How does that make any sense at all? The median household income is around $50,000 per year. If we assume a normal household, then there are two working adults and two children. Health costs for that family of four come to $32,000 per year, and the household income is $50,000. See how that is just plain fucked up?

Now, we all know that the family of four is not paying the full bill on that $32,000, but none the less, we must still account for it. We are spending so much on healthcare that there is nothing left to spend on anything else, like things that make the economy grow. Is Obamacare perfect or the complete answer? Not by a longshot, but at least we now have something to work with. Over time, some things will work well to save us money while providing better care for everyone, and some things will not work well. We have the power to change the bad parts and the things that don't work well.

The bottom line is that scrapping the whole thing just so we can go back to where we were prior to Obamacare is definitely not the answer. In fact, that is the worst thing we could do, unless of course, you like and support 10 to 15 percent yearly premium increases for your health insurance like we had before Obamacare.

Yup, that's exactly what will happen. Companies will no longer cover you since you can buy your own insurance. Of course, they could do that now too. I wonder why they haven't done that yet?

"as far as they know right now"

Yeah, and that's the whole point.

So, you're outraged that there's a possibility that in 6 years, your plan might be deemed a "Cadillac" plan, and you might have to pay an additional tax?

Why don't you wait until you're actually affected by it before you get outraged, rather than get outraged about how you might at some point in the future be affected by it.

I'm "outraged" now because we have stupidly opened the door to what will become the nations largest entitlement program, and like all others will become a huge burecracy that will grow and turn into a bottomless tax pit that will forever grow the debt as we realize we will never be able to stay ahead of the costs.

As far as the "cadillac plan", that will end up being ANY plan that isn't ran by the government. Mark my words !
Asshole Dems.

Forum List

Back