let's turn out thoughts to texas

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
CROPS are dying. Throughout central and southern Texas swimmers are being turned away from lakes and pools: the dwindling water supply is for drinking, not splashing around in. In San Antonio people are under strict orders to curb their water use, and if you see your neighbours watering the lawn you are supposed to report them to the police. One town resorted to a prayer service; it got 0.03 inches (0.8mm). In June and July Austin hit triple-digit temperatures on 39 days.

Drought in Texas: Not a cloud | The Economist

nc broke our 2.5 year drought this year....i hope texas breaks their drought soon.

wishing for light gentle rains to head to texas.....for weeks

I can't resist, it's GW's fault.

Seriously I hope they get the rain, we've had an awful lot this summer. Lightening woke me up a few hours ago and it's still thundering and raining.

The plains of America seem to go through long cycles where it gets enough rain to trick people into thinking it's not bassically nearly a desert.

Then the droughts (which are really the normal weather pattern) come back and everyone's shocked and surprised.

Thanks Bones ! It's rough on a lot of people and animals too. Lived here 33 years now and I've never seen it do dry.

I dont miss the dry hot summers and dead lawns everywhere ... except for places line the dominion

You know, I just got this overwhelming feeling of selfishness and guilt from such....

Here all summer I have been complaining about the rain we have gotten this year.... and I should be grateful for the rain and how green it is here...

We had some trouble from it though....washed alot of poisons in to the rivers and out in to the bays, SHELL FISHING was made off limits for a while which hurt the economy, then red tide.....plus the rain killed the summer vacation/resort business that maine relies on....just gloom and doom.....BUT I would rather have a ton of rain than DROUGHT, which is a killer of all animals and crops!

I will pray to the rain gods, for our fellow texans....even for you Dillo! :D

care

You know, I just got this overwhelming feeling of selfishness and guilt from such....

Here all summer I have been complaining about the rain we have gotten this year.... and I should be grateful for the rain and how green it is here...

We had some trouble from it though....washed alot of poisons in to the rivers and out in to the bays, SHELL FISHING was made off limits for a while which hurt the economy, then red tide.....plus the rain killed the summer vacation/resort business that maine relies on....just gloom and doom.....BUT I would rather have a ton of rain than DROUGHT, which is a killer of all animals and crops!

care

Im headed for the coast so don't worry about me-----besides I drink coffee instead of water. :lol:

care

Im headed for the coast so don't worry about me-----besides I drink coffee instead of water. :lol:

the coast of texas? the gulf?

Don't forget Texas is a BIG state... we've had plenty of rain in North Texas this year, the weeds in my yard have never looked healthier.

We were just talking about this the other day -- rain seems to have moved from west to east all summer, with very few storms moving north to south. We came to the conclusion that maybe Oklahoma is sucking more than usual these days.

;)
SMW

Maybe Claudette will grace the Texas coastline! We are getting lots of rain from her.

Texas is right on the Gulf. Why don't they set up some of those giant factories that take the salt out of the water? I read somewhere that scientists say it's possible. Oh, that's right. The governor of Texas just hired a "magical creationist" to head their school system so I guess they won't be looking to science anytime soon. Well, maybe they could "pray". How well does that work?

maybe some of the rain we have been getting will go down there.
We have had a hot and wet summer, we have gotten more ran then usual this summer but it has also been pretty hot.

CROPS are dying. Throughout central and southern Texas swimmers are being turned away from lakes and pools: the dwindling water supply is for drinking, not splashing around in. In San Antonio people are under strict orders to curb their water use, and if you see your neighbours watering the lawn you are supposed to report them to the police. One town resorted to a prayer service; it got 0.03 inches (0.8mm). In June and July Austin hit triple-digit temperatures on 39 days.

Drought in Texas: Not a cloud | The Economist

nc broke our 2.5 year drought this year....i hope texas breaks their drought soon.

wishing for light gentle rains to head to texas.....for weeks

The change in the jet stream that is awesome for me in new england sucks for texas.

There goes the price of corn aka ethanol aka gasoline.

Its been soooo rainy here and sooo much colder than normal.

care
Why would you complain about rain? Rain is awesome...

2 weeks ago, the weather guessers here in Amarillo said that there was no chance for rain.

I mowed my lawn, and then talked to the clouds.

We had 4 days of rain last week.

Texas is right on the Gulf. Why don't they set up some of those giant factories that take the salt out of the water? I read somewhere that scientists say it's possible. Oh, that's right. The governor of Texas just hired a "magical creationist" to head their school system so I guess they won't be looking to science anytime soon. Well, maybe they could "pray". How well does that work?

They won't allow "giant factories" to be built on the coast. It's sacred ground to the crazy earth worshippers.

They won't allow "giant factories" to be built on the coast. It's sacred ground to the crazy earth worshippers.

There are over 100 desalination plants in Texas.

There are over 100 desalination plants in Texas.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn it ! :lol: