Let's try this one more time!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
So many of the democratic supporters want Kerry to win the election solely because they despise Bush. Of course that's their right. Unfortunately for them, that's not enough to win an election.

I know this has been asked time and time again but it's never been answered. Is it because the Dem supporters are conveniently ignoring these threads or is it because they are all blind?

Why should anyone vote for Kerry. What can he offer the country that GWB can't and hasn't? Please be specific and back up your reasoning with valid sources and Kerry's prior record. If there are major plans on the horizon, please tell me how he plans on getting us from point a to point b. Don't just say that he is going to create jobs, tell me what he plans on doing specifically to meet that goal.

Don't bash Bush as your reasoning as we've heard enough. This is strictly a John Kerry thread. Tell me all the good about him and convince me he is a worthy candidate.

This should be VERY simple for those that have already vowed to vote for Kerry.

I'll be waiting...

[sarcasm]Are you kidding? Kerry's the best candidate you can vote for...NO MATTER WHAT SIDE OF ANY ISSUE YOU'RE ON! For gay marriage or against, for abortion or against...it doesn't matter. John Kerry is on your side. It's like getting two presidents at once, so vote John Kerry for president this year.[/sarcasm]

Good luck with your query - tried it and failed that question myself many times on this board and off....

You forgot to add that John Kerry has now added that he is a fiscal conservative to his list. So JK is for and against everything as well as being liberal and conservative. What more can you ask for?

Meanwhile, what will he do once in office? Continue to sit in the middle of the fence on every issue?

Well, I forsee a lot of Bush bashing in the answers to your question and the first person that does that shall be subject to endless ridicule for not reading the post...

Oh and yes, let us not forget Kerrys unique and questionable back up of international supporters - lets see - we have N. Korea another one of those government supported terrorist groups - thats a great start to have a terrorist supporting country support you and lets not forget those brave French.

I am voting for kerry because I trust him more than bush. A personal opinion, no sources for that sorry. And that's not saying alot given the amount of trust I can muster for any politician but still it counts for me. I like the ideas he is proposing outlined at http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/100days/ regarding his plans for the first 100 days but of course like any politician I must admit it might all be hogwash.

I especially like number 3 on his 100 days list, end the era of ashcroft. As much as I dislike gw, ashcroft and rummy are even more off putting to me as time goes by.

I believe kerry would do much better than bush in regards to the environment.

I believe kerry would do as well as bush on national security or better.

I think kerry would do better in international relations.

I think kerry would do more (hell, some is more) to heal the divides that have been amplified during bush's time in office.

Short story long, Kerry might be able to reduce the knot in my stomache that the current administration puts there.

I haven't quoted any sources as it has become more than apparent to me that anything you can find 'proof' for in regards to the effects of various policies you can find equal and opposite 'proof' for in the morass of information from both sides. I apologize if my reasons for voting for kerry are too much 'bush bashing' for you but it's the way I feel and it's the lion's share of the reason I'm voting kerry.

Faie enough reasons. I'll chalk it up to a 'Bush hater' though. You've outlines your opinions, but absolutely nothing as to how he plans on getting there. What exactly is he going to do with national security to make things better? International? These are perhaps the most pressing of times. Just saying he'll do something means little.

Making promises is one thing but he does nothing to show how he can produce results. I think these questions need to be answered by someone. He's a proven flip flopper, if he doesn't spell out exactly what he stands for and how he wants to execute that plan, then it means nothing at this point.

Kerry's own words on that page:

"...I want to lay out some of what I’ll do in the first hundred days of a Kerry Administration to make the Real Deal a reality. In the weeks ahead, I’m going to lay out an Action Plan for the First 100 Days. The specific steps we will take to change America – the steps I will fight for in the early days of a Kerry Presidency...” - John Kerry

I really wouldn't call what he outlined specific.

You may very well be right Jim. I'm very glad you said bush hater tho, rather than republican hater. I would have voted for forbes when he was in the republican primary, and almost voted for dole before he came out with a few policy issues I couldn't compromise on at the time.

If nothing else, I'll be glad when the election is over one way or the other so I can stop hearing the word (well, not really a word per se) 'flip-flopper'. It's even more annoying than the 'waffler' buzzword from 96 :)

Originally posted by Aquarian
If nothing else, I'll be glad when the election is over one way or the other so I can stop hearing the word (well, not really a word per se) 'flip-flopper'. It's even more annoying than the 'waffler' buzzword from 96 :)

Be careful what you wish for. If Kerry gets elected, you may be dealing with "flip flopping" for the next 4 years!

Back on topic...

Look at GWB's page. He has all the major issues laid out and shows his history on each stance and what exactly he has planned for the future. Whether you like him or not, you know what you are in store for. I'm wondering why Kerry cannot do the same thing.

you did see that you can expand each line item on the 100 days plan page, and that once expanded there was a link to more information on the section right?

Originally posted by Aquarian
you did see that you can expand each line item on the 100 days plan page, and that once expanded there was a link to more information on the section right?

Yes, I checked out many of his 'strategies'. They are from completely vague to non-existent. He talks the talk but doesn't give a specific enough outline for me, and certainly not enough to send a vote in his direction.

Forum List

Back