Lets treat cars and guns exactly alike; Reigster/License/Insurance mandates!

Yet, when we went from common civilians owning a musket..or revolver............to owning a weapon of war like an AK47 or AR15, we never jumped to the same conclusion of "Oh shit, these assault rifles are way more deadly than a pistol or hunting rifle, we better take some common sense approaches to safeguard".

What common sense approaches to safeguard do you have in mind ?

I said it. License, Registration, Insurance. I own an M4 and love it. I'd gladly apply for a license, register it, and have some insurance on it. Plus, insuring guns would create a whole new industry of gun insurance, and that means JOBS!!!!:D

For example, the most expensive insurance would be one you buy, and the agent knows nothing about you or the gun except your name and what type gun it is. Period. Expensive.

The cheapest would be knowing you, the gun, and an in home visit to see how well you secure it and what training you have attended to become adept with it. Like the Newton mom, who should've had that fucking gun secured away from her son. Getting cheap insurance as an incentive to secure your guns well would be an incentive.

I have never, and will never, advocate a gun BAN. Not only do I think it wouldnt help, but it is unenforceable.

So price poor people out of owning guns? How progressive of you.

Cars ang guns are nothing alike. One is a right the other is a privilege. As usual the op is crying about nonsense.

Im sure all the criminals will rush to register their guns.....

Cars ang guns are nothing alike. One is a right the other is a privilege. As usual the op is crying about nonsense.

We could force all citizens who are not legal registered gun owners to buy gun insurance. This will force them to buy a gun & register it. Because the general population is 8 times more likely to commit murders than legal gun owners. Therefore they should have to buy insurance, not legal gun owners.

We could force all citizens who are not legal registered gun owners to buy gun insurance. This will force them to buy a gun & register it. Because the general population is 8 times more likely to commit murders than legal gun owners. Therefore they should have to buy insurance, not legal gun owners.

That's awesome right there.

When a home invader can stick a car in his pocket, kick the door in and shoot all the unarmed people in the home we can talk.

How bout this? Treat guns exactly like cars; no worse, no better.

To carry a gun anywhere outside your home, you must:

1- Have a license. If you drive a car without license, you go to jail. Lets make it the same with a gun. Must have proof with you.

2- Must register the car. Many states dont require gun registry. But do for cars. Make all guns be registered with the state, just like a car. Must have proof with you.

3- Gun Insurance. Yep. You must have liability insurance on the gun. Just like a car. If you accidentally shoot someone, you pay up...er, well, the insurance company pays up. Get caught outside your home with a gun, and no insurance? Go to jail, just like a car.

You can buy a car without a license, park it in your driveway, not register it, and carry no insurance on it, and its legal. You just cant drive it off your property.

Treat guns the same. Buy your guns for your home.

But take them anywhere off your property, and you must have a license, registration and insurance, just like a car.

Afterall, a car, like a gun....is just a tool, not a killing machine, unless being operated by the wrong person.

Fair enough?

sure, as soon as you get an amendment through that makes cars a right.

and also remember, you can get any kind of car you want, no limitations.

How bout this? Treat guns exactly like cars; no worse, no better.

To carry a gun anywhere outside your home, you must:

1- Have a license. If you drive a car without license, you go to jail. Lets make it the same with a gun. Must have proof with you.

2- Must register the car. Many states dont require gun registry. But do for cars. Make all guns be registered with the state, just like a car. Must have proof with you.

3- Gun Insurance. Yep. You must have liability insurance on the gun. Just like a car. If you accidentally shoot someone, you pay up...er, well, the insurance company pays up. Get caught outside your home with a gun, and no insurance? Go to jail, just like a car.

You can buy a car without a license, park it in your driveway, not register it, and carry no insurance on it, and its legal. You just cant drive it off your property.

Treat guns the same. Buy your guns for your home.

But take them anywhere off your property, and you must have a license, registration and insurance, just like a car.

Afterall, a car, like a gun....is just a tool, not a killing machine, unless being operated by the wrong person.

Fair enough?

sure, as soon as you get an amendment through that makes cars a right.

and also remember, you can get any kind of car you want, no limitations.

Yeah the OP isn't too bright is he?

And you don't need any regulation to buy or drive a car on your own property.. ANY kind of car.. for any purpose... I can build or buy one that runs on rocket fuel with no safety equipment.. that goes eleventy gajillion miles per hour.. I can drive it all I want on my private land.. and the government can not do a damn thing about it...

Forum List

Back