Lets test the logic/stupidity/hackery of our board...

Why is Cain guilty

• He is a Republican

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • He is black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He is a black Republican

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • He is leading over my choice candidate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone made the claim so it must be true

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Im reserving judgement

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
This is all about adding political baggage, to put the candidate on the defensive. It's totally meaningless whether the allegations are true or not. The idea is keep the allegations in the headlines as long as possible.

:cool:

I think the real story is how he handles these allegations.

So far?
C-

I think that is being generous. He would get a D from me. Complete failure.

Thats because you hate conservative blacks...wait, did I use that talking point right?

I don't know if the allegations are true. In my opinion, he has handled the situation poorly. He has contradicted himself numerous times. I don't believe he is the right man for the job.

At times, people are disappointed with the choices we have in candidates. The Herman Cain debacle is a good example just why not every person who would make a great leader doesn't run for high offices. Just among us who is so pure that something from their past can't jump to the headlines and embarrass them to the point that their private reputation is ruined?

I wouldn't vote for a criminal or someone who doesn't have the background for their position they hope to attain. But if someone had indiscretions in their past, I would overlook that if they could be a leader, be able to put the able people in their administration and get our country on the right road again. I'm not looking for someone to walk on water, just lead this country and has the love for it as I do.

As we all know Cain is surrounded by multiple accusations of sexual misconduct. However to this point we have no proof, 0 evidence. Yet many on this board have already convicted him. We don't even have an accuser pointing a finger. So why is he guilty?

Innocent of the charges until proven guilty.
Guilty of botching the response which makes him look anything but innocent.

Time will tell.

This is all about adding political baggage, to put the candidate on the defensive. It's totally meaningless whether the allegations are true or not. The idea is keep the allegations in the headlines as long as possible.

Perfectly stated. This stuff is very well coordinated and timed. This thread should just end with your comment. No one can add anything of more significance and accuracy. Thanks.

Right. Only problem is it severely damages the process. Nothing positive can come from this. Every future candidate will look at situations like this and many, possibly good men/women will turn away. We all lose.
Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I think there are very few really qualified people that are willing to run for political office today. I have a friend on the state democratic committee. He described how hard it is today versus 20 years ago, to find good people who are willing to run. To run for office today, I think you have to be a little bit nuts.

He's innocent until proven guilty, however, the idea that the political opponents of a conservative presidential candidate would unilaterally refrain from talking about this in the manner that the Right had a field day talking about accusations made against various Democrats/liberals in the past

is laughably naive. You are reaping what you sowed.

If the Corporate Media were really doing their damn jobs, they'd make sure to jam a mic in every RW politico's faces asking them to comment on Herb Cain's sexual scandal.

He's innocent until proven guilty, however, the idea that the political opponents of a conservative presidential candidate would unilaterally refrain from talking about this in the manner that the Right had a field day talking about accusations made against various Democrats/liberals in the past

is laughably naive. You are reaping what you sowed.

If the Corporate Media were really doing their damn jobs, they'd make sure to jam a mic in every RW politico's faces asking them to comment on Herb Cain's sexual scandal.

Like every reputable media outlet jammed a mic in Obamas face and asked about Wright or Ayers?

Please....

Right. Only problem is it severely damages the process. Nothing positive can come from this. Every future candidate will look at situations like this and many, possibly good men/women will turn away. We all lose.
Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I think there are very few really qualified people that are willing to run for political office today. I have a friend on the state democratic committee. He described how hard it is today versus 20 years ago, to find good people who are willing to run. To run for office today, I think you have to be a little bit nuts.

Good point. They're all just frustrated actor/actress wannabes nowadays. Anyone who is real and of substance is pretty much eliminated these days. So now instead of our best & brightest we only get our worst & dullest. Americans seem to only want Stepford Candidates. Real people need not apply anymore. It's pretty sad.

Good point. They're all just frustrated actor/actress wannabes nowadays. Anyone who is real and of substance is pretty much eliminated these days. So now instead of our best & brightest we only get our worst & dullest. Americans seem to only want Stepford Candidates. Real people need not apply anymore. It's pretty sad.
As long as the employers of this Republic continue to act like helpless victims of their own doing, the Republic will continue to decay.

Forum List

Back