Let's Tax the Rich More!

This is why Republicans always waste the majority of our money in the name of "defense"

President Obama has targeted the Department of Defense to absorb more than 80 percent of the cuts he has proposed in next year's budget for discretionary programs.

The White House identified a total of $17 billion in spending cuts, including cuts in mandatory programs that mostly involve entitlements.

"We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem," Mr. Obama said.

The defense cuts send "a very clear signal that this administration is not going to be as forceful on national security issues as the previous administration. I think that's pretty clear," said Sen. Saxby Chambliss, Georgia Republican.

See!!! So Republicans will waste our/your money if they ever get back into power. They just won't call it waste. They'll call it "DEFENSE". But we all know what it is.

I've seen that too. Most conservatives are all on cutting spending until you mention defense related spending, then they suddenly are all for big spending. So when you get right down for it, they really don't want to cut spending, they just want to cut the programs that provide for the elderly and poorer.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

We should pull ALL our military out of foreign countries, that said, we should have the most modern and deadly weapons on the planet. we should be able to repel any and all attacks with overwhelming force and superior weaponry. We need not spend our money and the blood of our soldiers defending other countries. That alone will save billions a year. We should then have our Army and Marines standing post on our borders. we should have our Navy patrolling our waters. We need to make this country impervious to attack. By doing so we would also make it next to impossible for illegal immigrants to enter the country. drug smuggling would be all but eliminated.

How much money do you think that would save. Our educational resources would not be wasted on non citizens. Medical facilities would not be overrun by immigrants with no means to pay for care. We would not waste time and money investigating crimes done by illegals.

How much money is spent trying to keep drugs out of the country? Put the military on the borders and save hundreds of billions.

And what kind of fucking hypocrite is Obama? He plans to run multi-trillion dollar deficits for years to come and yet he says that deficits are a problem not to be ignored. He is just another power hungry corrupt politician talking out both sides of his mouth and his ass all at the same time.

and are both of you so fucking stuck in your dogma that you can't see that I am not a conservative as you define the term?

I seem to remember SKULLPILOT as being one of the most staunch right wingers last year.

Maybe you are distancing yourself from the GOP now that it is an embarrassment to be a member? Anyways, I'll try to remember. :lol:

Anyways, I can't argue with your post. Except for your spin on Obama. He is great. So far anyways.

And Thom Hartman was explaining yesterday that FDR and Kennedy both had to be pushed to do some of their greatest accomplishments. I don't remember the specifics on what Kennedy and FDR had to be "pushed" into doing, but the prez is only going to do so much on his own. As far as obama is concerned, they were referring to how he is subsodizing GM while GM sends jobs overseas. Solviing this problem is probably not something Obama wants to do. Does it call for ending NAFTA? Does it call for PROTECTIONISM??? Isolationism? He's already got his hands full with the healthcare giants.

Anyways, back to Obama's spending. Bush didn't build the great defense that you speak of. What he did instead was blow a lot of money in the name of defense.

Now Obama is going to spend in and on America. You got a problem with that? Too bad. Our team won. This is where we want to spend our money. Yes, OUR money. You may not approve but I didn't approve of all your defense spending. And that spending ended up offshore. Obama's money will circulate inside America. In other words, it is stimulative. And have you been to China? Makes America look like a 3rd world country.

Also, Obama is spending a lot extending unemployment benefits. Do you not approve?

And didn't you get $300 from the stimulative bill? Why are you complaining? That's a tax break!!! So part of the bill that you call wasteful spending is giving you money back!!!

So you don't approve of getting a tax break, extending unemployment in the worst recession since the great depression or rebuilding America's infrastructure.

What a fucking patriot. :lol:

I've seen that too. Most conservatives are all on cutting spending until you mention defense related spending, then they suddenly are all for big spending. So when you get right down for it, they really don't want to cut spending, they just want to cut the programs that provide for the elderly and poorer.

We should pull ALL our military out of foreign countries. That alone will save billions a year. We should then have our Army and Marines standing post on our borders. we should have our Navy patrolling our waters. We need to make this country impervious to attack. By doing so we would also make it next to impossible for illegal immigrants to enter the country. drug smuggling would be all but eliminated.

How much money do you think that would save. Our educational resources would not be wasted on non citizens. Medical facilities would not be overrun by immigrants with no means to pay for care. We would not waste time and money investigating crimes done by illegals.

How much money is spent trying to keep drugs out of the country? Put the military on the borders and save hundreds of billions.

And what kind of fucking hypocrite is Obama? He plans to run multi-trillion dollar deficits for years to come and yet he says that deficits are a problem not to be ignored. He is just another power hungry corrupt politician talking out both sides of his mouth and his ass all at the same time.

and are both of you so fucking stuck in your dogma that you can't see that I am not a conservative as you define the term?

1) My post wasn't addressed to you either directly or explicitly, and while I'm sorry to burst your little self centric view, had nothing to do with you in any way.

2) My post did not say or imply that all conservatives thought that but most did. I believe that most conservatives are in favor of greater military spending. Even if my post was addressed to you, it would not have necessarily included what you believed because my statement was a generalized one.

So I'll address your last question back to you.

you responded to BOO BOO who named me specifically it was reasonable for me to reply to both of you.

We should pull ALL our military out of foreign countries, that said, we should have the most modern and deadly weapons on the planet. we should be able to repel any and all attacks with overwhelming force and superior weaponry. We need not spend our money and the blood of our soldiers defending other countries. That alone will save billions a year. We should then have our Army and Marines standing post on our borders. we should have our Navy patrolling our waters. We need to make this country impervious to attack. By doing so we would also make it next to impossible for illegal immigrants to enter the country. drug smuggling would be all but eliminated.

I seem to remember SKULLPILOT as being one of the most staunch right wingers last year.

why because i didn't vote for Obama and his big government platform. i didn't vote for McCain either.

Maybe you are distancing yourself from the GOP now that it is an embarrassment to be a member? Anyways, I'll try to remember. :lol:

don't have to distance myself because i was never a member of the republican party

Anyways, I can't argue with your post. Except for your spin on Obama. He is great. So far anyways.

great yeah right. You have no problem with a spend crazy democrat but you do have a problem with a spend crazy republican. Fucking hypocrite.

And Thom Hartman was explaining yesterday that FDR and Kennedy both had to be pushed to do some of their greatest accomplishments. I don't remember the specifics on what Kennedy and FDR had to be "pushed" into doing, but the prez is only going to do so much on his own. As far as obama is concerned, they were referring to how he is subsodizing GM while GM sends jobs overseas. Solviing this problem is probably not something Obama wants to do. Does it call for ending NAFTA? Does it call for PROTECTIONISM??? Isolationism? He's already got his hands full with the healthcare giants.

Like I give a fuck what your hero Hartman says. another partisan idiot.

Anyways, back to Obama's spending. Bush didn't build the great defense that you speak of. What he did instead was blow a lot of money in the name of defense.

And i never voted for Bush so I'll ask again, what's your point in bringing up GW all the time. i think you have a crush on him after all he's one of the few people on the planet that you're smarter than.

Now Obama is going to spend in and on America. You got a problem with that? Too bad. Our team won. This is where we want to spend our money. Yes, OUR money. You may not approve but I didn't approve of all your defense spending. And that spending ended up offshore. Obama's money will circulate inside America. In other words, it is stimulative. And have you been to China? Makes America look like a 3rd world country.

My defense spending? did you not read my last post? I have never been in favor of our military being spread all over the world. I have never been in favor of Iraq or Afghanistan either. And really Obama's spending ain't going to do squat. He is spending on more and bigger government and that means higher and higher taxes for everyone which means sluggish growth and an extended recession so yes i have a problem with that.

Also, Obama is spending a lot extending unemployment benefits. Do you not approve?

No he is raising the unemployment tax to do it which I have to pay even though i have not laid anyone off.

And didn't you get $300 from the stimulative bill? Why are you complaining? That's a tax break!!! So part of the bill that you call wasteful spending is giving you money back!!!

OHHHH BOY 300 whole dollars I guess i can get that operation after all. And it ain't no tax cut because my tax rate is still the same.

So you don't approve of getting a tax break, extending unemployment in the worst recession since the great depression or rebuilding America's infrastructure.

I don't want a one time 300 dollar check. i want a substantial reduction of the income tax rates for everyone. i want the government to spend less of my money on waste, corruption and graft. You want to see a big government project in action? Look at the Big Dig and tell me you want more taxpayer money getting wasted on fuck ups like that.

And as of yet this recession is no worse than the 80's recession.

So keep asking for bigger more expensive and more intrusive government. keep asking for more of your liberties to be lost to government because it's for your own good.

And BTW you would not have been considered a patriot by our founders. they didn't want the government to run people's lives as you do.

This is why Republicans always waste the majority of our money in the name of "defense"

President Obama has targeted the Department of Defense to absorb more than 80 percent of the cuts he has proposed in next year's budget for discretionary programs.

The White House identified a total of $17 billion in spending cuts, including cuts in mandatory programs that mostly involve entitlements.

"We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem," Mr. Obama said.

The defense cuts send "a very clear signal that this administration is not going to be as forceful on national security issues as the previous administration. I think that's pretty clear," said Sen. Saxby Chambliss, Georgia Republican.

See!!! So Republicans will waste our/your money if they ever get back into power. They just won't call it waste. They'll call it "DEFENSE". But we all know what it is.

:clap2: Awesome post, I'd rep you again if I could.

why because i didn't vote for Obama and his big government platform. i didn't vote for McCain either.

don't have to distance myself because i was never a member of the republican party

great yeah right. You have no problem with a spend crazy democrat but you do have a problem with a spend crazy republican. Fucking hypocrite.

And i never voted for Bush so I'll ask again, what's your point in bringing up GW all the time. i think you have a crush on him after all he's one of the few people on the planet that you're smarter than.

My defense spending? did you not read my last post? I have never been in favor of our military being spread all over the world. I have never been in favor of Iraq or Afghanistan either. And really Obama's spending ain't going to do squat. He is spending on more and bigger government and that means higher and higher taxes for everyone which means sluggish growth and an extended recession so yes i have a problem with that.

No he is raising the unemployment tax to do it which I have to pay even though i have not laid anyone off.

OHHHH BOY 300 whole dollars I guess i can get that operation after all. And it ain't no tax cut because my tax rate is still the same.

I don't want a one time 300 dollar check. i want a substantial reduction of the income tax rates for everyone. i want the government to spend less of my money on waste, corruption and graft. You want to see a big government project in action? Look at the Big Dig and tell me you want more taxpayer money getting wasted on fuck ups like that.

So keep asking for bigger more expensive and more intrusive government. keep asking for more of your liberties to be lost to government because it's for your own good.

And BTW you would not have been considered a patriot by our founders. they didn't want the government to run people's lives as you do.

Its actually people like you who are keeping this country down. The corporations/media/oil/energy/defense/telecoms/pharas/wallstreet/bankers/mortgage giants/car companies/airlines, etc have succeeded in convincing you that YOUR government is the problem when the fact is, THEY are the problem.

Anything you don't like about the government, usually has something to do with them bending over for the corporations.

Healthcare problems. Can't get everyone insured because of corporate greed

Bankers/mortgage lenders/wallstreet corporate greed, deregulations, etc.

Telecoms spying for Bush

Media helped Bush lie us into Iraq

Car companies breaking the unions, sending jobs overseas and lowering wages.

And I don't want to suggest that the corporations are bad. They are doing EXACTLY what I would be doing if I were a corporation. They convince politicians to work in their best interests.

I/We/Us liberals want to meet them in the middle. Yes, these corporations need to find a way to be competitive on a world stage, but not despite American wages.

I think that is what you right wingers forget. You defend the corporations and there is no limit to your defense. If corporations needed us to make $4 or they couldn't be competitive, you would approve of lowing wages to $4 an hour.

If it is between saving the middle class or maximizing profits, you'd prefer to max profits.

Its actually people like you who are keeping this country down. The corporations/media/oil/energy/defense/telecoms/pharas/wallstreet/bankers/mortgage giants/car companies/airlines, etc have succeeded in convincing you that YOUR government is the problem when the fact is, THEY are the problem.

Anything you don't like about the government, usually has something to do with them bending over for the corporations.

Telecoms spying for Bush

And I don't want to suggest that the corporations are bad. They are doing EXACTLY what I would be doing if I were a corporation. They convince politicians to work in their best interests.

I/We/Us liberals want to meet them in the middle. Yes, these corporations need to find a way to be competitive on a world stage, but not despite American wages.

I think that is what you right wingers forget. You defend the corporations and there is no limit to your defense. If corporations needed us to make $4 or they couldn't be competitive, you would approve of lowing wages to $4 an hour.

If it is between saving the middle class or maximizing profits, you'd prefer to max profits.

when did i mention corporations?

This is about the government taxing individuals not about corporations.

And if you want to see government collusion with big money corporations that will result in the greatest loss of privacy ever you just wait until the government takes control of your medical records. You don't have a problem with that but you have a problem with wiretapping foreign phone calls you fucking hypocrite.

skull,
From what I understand, it is not the government wanting to get your personal medical records, it is how the insurance companies do it now, where they blindly have all records, without name, to determine what procedures seem necessary and which ones do not, based on their average results from all the information and actuaries figuring out the costs, of the "what ifs", is what the government is saying they want, for their medicare recipients....the government does not have ANYONES personal medical records that is on Medicaid or Medicare right now, if that is what you were implying Skull, so why would it be any different if Obama's plan comes in to effect?

Either way, I don't like the fact that INSURANCE COMPANIES do this and I don't like the fact that our government wants this either because I believe health care is NOT A WIDGET that a business model or good business practice, necessarily belongs....peoples lives are at stake, it is hard to make a business for profit model or government model fit, without alot of pain imo.

As far as the wire tapping, you know good and well that was just partisan garbage rattled off by you...

those on the left were not upset that the Bush administration wire tapped foreign terrorists, what we were upset with is that the Bush administration wire tapped American citizens without a warrent from the Fisa court, and wire tapped citizens through our phone companies, without any court order and without the ability for our own recourse or redress of this invasion of privacy, breaking the law and our constitution.

Care

Telecoms spying for Bush

And if you want to see government collusion with big money corporations that will result in the greatest loss of privacy ever you just wait until the government takes control of your medical records. You don't have a problem with that but you have a problem with wiretapping foreign phone calls you fucking hypocrite.

Take a deep breath Skull. I do have a problem with them having access to our medical records. It was the other side that didn't have a problem with wiretapping.

FYI, Ron Paul was on Air America last night. The host said, "gosh, if more republicans were like you, we could actually work together.".

What makes me crazy is right wingers are all of the sudden worrying about their rights, like their right to smoke in a restaurant or their right to private medical records.

Are you really worried about your privacy? How did you feel about the Patriot Act?

skull,
From what I understand, it is not the government wanting to get your personal medical records, it is how the insurance companies do it now, where they blindly have all records, without name, to determine what procedures seem necessary and which ones do not, based on their average results from all the information and actuaries figuring out the costs, of the "what ifs", is what the government is saying they want, for their medicare recipients....the government does not have ANYONES personal medical records that is on Medicaid or Medicare right now, if that is what you were implying Skull, so why would it be any different if Obama's plan comes in to effect?

Either way, I don't like the fact that INSURANCE COMPANIES do this and I don't like the fact that our government wants this either because I believe health care is NOT A WIDGET that a business model or good business practice, necessarily belongs....peoples lives are at stake, it is hard to make a business for profit model or government model fit, without alot of pain imo.

As far as the wire tapping, you know good and well that was just partisan garbage rattled off by you...

those on the left were not upset that the Bush administration wire tapped foreign terrorists, what we were upset with is that the Bush administration wire tapped American citizens without a warrent from the Fisa court, and wire tapped citizens through our phone companies, without any court order and without the ability for our own recourse or redress of this invasion of privacy, breaking the law and our constitution.

Care

tell me how the government requiring electronic records so as to "guide your physician in your care" is not a breach of privacy?

And the difference with insurance companies is that you have to sign a consent form to release your records. the government will just force your doctor to hand them over and you will be none the wiser.

And do you want the government telling your doctor what he can and can't do? What medications he can and can't give. What tests he can or can't perform?

shit might as well just do away with doctors. we can just e mail our symptoms to the almighty fucking government and let the government tell us what medications to take after all the government knows best.

Take a deep breath Skull. I do have a problem with them having access to our medical records. It was the other side that didn't have a problem with wiretapping.

FYI, Ron Paul was on Air America last night. The host said, "gosh, if more republicans were like you, we could actually work together.".

What makes me crazy is right wingers are all of the sudden worrying about their rights, like their right to smoke in a restaurant or their right to private medical records.

Are you really worried about your privacy? How did you feel about the Patriot Act?

never supported it.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I am all for personal liberties. I just happen to believe that economic liberty is a right as important as any other.

Actually, we shouldn't have taxes at all. We should send all of our money to Washington, DC and they will send us back what we really need! Now, wasn't that a dumb statement? What I really think we should do is eliminate the present way we tax and just go to a straight National Sales Tax. That way, everybody would be taxed the same - rich or poor. If you didn't want to pay taxes the simple thing to do would be to not spend any money. Let's say, just for conversation, the National Sales Tax was 20% of the purchase you made. That money would go straight to the US Government. They in turn would funnel 5% to the State you spent the money in. This way, there would be no State taxes either. Life would be so much simpler.

skull,

Care

tell me how the government requiring electronic records so as to "guide your physician in your care" is not a breach of privacy?

And the difference with insurance companies is that you have to sign a consent form to release your records. the government will just force your doctor to hand them over and you will be none the wiser.

And do you want the government telling your doctor what he can and can't do? What medications he can and can't give. What tests he can or can't perform?

shit might as well just do away with doctors. we can just e mail our symptoms to the almighty fucking government and let the government tell us what medications to take after all the government knows best.

they are NOT RELEASING your PERSONAL RECORDS to do this Skull, the names are left off, only the sicknesses and procedures and how they were treated is being examined....the Insurance companies DO THIS NOW with NO CONSENT from us needed....because no patient names are attached....

i still am not crazy about it, but business wise, widget wise, it does make sense to analyze such...

A scary element of the recent election was related to the division of what classifies "rich". Unfortunately, both parties GREATLY missed the mark by focusing the debate on annual earnings, something that is both naive and archaic in nature.

With an income tax system that is progressive, we inhibit growth of individuals from one class to a higher class through taxation on earnings. We do this by labeling them as wealthy if they earn more than a certain dollar amount per year without regard to their actual net worth.

If we want a progressive tax system, it should be based, at least partially, on the net worth of the individual. Currently, someone worth $1 billion that earns $100k per year will pay less in taxes than someone worth -$200k (student loans perhaps) that earns $250k per year. This makes it very difficult for the one who assumed significant debt to be a success to become one.

I like the national sales tax concept, but only as a replacement. We already have too much taxation. If we had both a sales tax and an income tax, we would end up with only 1% of our earnings that we decide how to use.

If you want a tax based on net worth then you'd better be prepared to greatly expand the size and power of the IRS because they would have to crawl up everyone's ass and count every thing you own from A to Z.

Is that what you really want?

Forum List

Back