Let's talk turkey

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
2012-11-24-MMXWA.jpg

The US Senate is such a despicable institution, I hate it when I see good senators trying to do right. Republican senator, James Inhofe, is one of the good ones:

Senator warns 'green' plan would include biggest tax hike ever
Oklahoma's Inhofe says carbon tax would cost $1 trillion-plus
Published: 19 hours ago
by BOB UNRUH

Senator warns ‘green’ plan would include biggest tax hike ever

Inhofe’s comments are unique for me in that I could have posted this message in the Environment forum or the Economy forum. I chose the environment because Senator Inhofe ties environmental frauds to the United Nations; something I’ve been trying to do in my own small way for 12 years.

If you watched the video you heard Senator Inhofe quote MIT professor Richard Lindzen:

Once you control carbon, you control the world, . . .

Lindzen and I are not so different. For years I’ve said the United Nations has been trying to claim ownership of the atmosphere and the oceans. Every UN environmental scam hinges on getting the world to accept United Nations ownership. Lindzen’s observation simply explains controlling the world from a different angle; he from a scientific perspective; whereas, I approached it from a purely political perspective.

Cap & Trade

I must admit that I did not think cap & trade could be revived. I knew that Hussein was going to further lay waste to this country with his cabinet appointments, his federal judges, his taxes, the ACA, his executive orders, bureaucracy regulations, and so on. I never suspected that he would try to implement an environmental tax larger than the huge healthcare tax.

If the world was a paradise and we enjoyed a constant 72 degrees and rain only on monday mornings and all of a sudden there were hurricanes and droughts and flooding we would have something to worry about but climate constantly changes. There is ample evidence that a relatively short geological time ago North America was a frozen wasteland. The bedrock visible in Central Park in NY shows grooves from the rocks dragged by a glacier hundreds of feet high. There are theories that the world is currently coming out of an ice age era. The sneaky cowards used to use the phrase "man-made" global warming but these days they leave off the words "man-made" and they use the words "climate change". Has there ever been a time in world history when climate didn't change? We don't have time for this freaking nonsense while the Country is in financial distress but the radical left sees their chance for an extortion scam that will destroy capitalism and ruin the once great United States.

Inhofe, Lindzen? Oh well.

To Old Rocks: Here’s a bit more from Inhofe and Lindzen from a great piece about “consensus”:

As Senator James Inhofe, Ranking Member of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works has observed: “The notion of a ‘consensus’ is carefully manufactured for political and ideological purposes. Its proponents never explain what ‘consensus’ they are referring to. Is it a ‘consensus’ that future computer models will turn out correct? Is it a ‘consensus’ that the Earth has warmed? Proving that parts of the Earth have warmed does not prove that humans are responsible.”

Senator Inhofe also points out, “While it may appear to the casual observer that scientists promoting climate fears are in the majority, the evidence continues to reveal that this is an illusion. Climate skeptics…receive much smaller shares of university research funds, foundation funds and government grants and they are not plugged into the well-heeled environmental special interest lobby.” Accordingly, those who do receive support typically get more time free of teaching responsibilities, providing more time available for publishing activities.

XXXXX

As Dr. Richard Lindzen, Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, observed, NAS President Ralph Cicerone is really saying that “…regardless of evidence the answer is predetermined. If government wants carbon control, that is the answer that the Academies will provide.”

7/17/2012 @ 3:32PM |27,749 views
That Scientific Global Warming Consensus...Not!

That Scientific Global Warming Consensus...Not! - Forbes

Inhofe is a whore for the energy coperations. Same goes for Lindzen. If he is not pushing tobacco, he is lying about the evidence concerning climate. Next you will be parroting Singer.

According to the leaders of the global warming doomsday cult, the average surface temperature of Earth is 14 degrees Celsius (57.2 degrees Fahrenheit), but this is a new value which has quietly replaced the original average of 15 degrees Celsius (59 degrees Fahrenheit).

November 28, 2012
Fourteen Is the New Fifteen!
By Arvind Kumar

Articles: Fourteen Is the New Fifteen!

One degree means a lot. Global warming hustlers simply say global warming is happening. If they are challenged they then cite 57.2 degrees Fahrenheit to support their claim since 59 degrees Fahrenheit makes it harder for them. I just wonder when they are going to drop it to 13 degrees Celsius, then 12, then 11, and so on as the world continues to cool.

The fraud continues to unravel:

thesun1.jpeg

Could this mysterious glowing orb have something to do with climate change? Surely not!

Breaking news from the US – h/t Watts Up With That? – where a leaked draft of the IPCC's latest report AR5 admits what some of us have suspected for a very long time: that the case for man-made global warming is looking weaker by the day and that the sun plays a much more significant role in "climate change" than the scientific "consensus" has previously been prepared to concede.

XXXXX

Over to you greentards. I look forward to reading your extravagant apologias as to why this is a story of no significance and that it's business as usual for the great Climate Change Ponzi scheme.

Man-made global warming: even the IPCC admits the jig is up
By James Delingpole Environment Last updated: December 13th, 2012

Man-made global warming: even the IPCC admits the jig is up – Telegraph Blogs

Alas, even after pseudo-scientists looking for a spot at the public give up their quest the big time hustlers who invested a lot of money in selling the scam will never throw in the towel until taxpayers return the money.

Flanders, every single Scientific Society in the world states that AGW is real and a clear and present danger. As does every National Academy of Science, and every major University. The scientific consensus on AGW is just as robust as that on evolution.

All you denial is based on politics, has zero to do with science.

Inhofe is a whore for the energy coperations. Same goes for Lindzen. If he is not pushing tobacco, he is lying about the evidence concerning climate. Next you will be parroting Singer.

This dogma that anything that comes out of the fossil fuel industry is devious and wrong is truely worrisome. Who do Geologists work for anyway? Do you think any industry you don't like should sit there and be thankful for being a whipping boy?

Where do you think energy policy comes from anyway? From Nancy Pelosi or Waxman?

How do PLAN to keep the lights on if you don't LISTEN and LEARN from the folks doing the f'ing work?

If you don't KNOW what the energy companies know --- any "plan" is doomed to fail.
That's why the govt should take a more limited role. Because to EFFECT change in energy, you have to get into the shorts of the EXISTING energy companies and have them disclose what THEIR PLANS are.. Otherwise --- you're wasting taxpayer time and money.

So the choice is crony collusion or laissez faire. I'll take the laissez faire.

Forum List

Back