Let's talk home-brewed Ice Tea!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
We have decided to start making our own ice tea. Today I boiled water in a pan, threw in 5 tea bags, let it cool then chilled it in a jug.

It turned out OK, but was wondering if any of y'all had other ways to make it.

Thanks!

We have decided to start making our own ice tea. Today I boiled water in a pan, threw in 5 tea bags, let it cool then chilled it in a jug.

Thanks!

Nobody has good homemade ice tea ideas? :(

I used to make it for my mother when caring for her. 2 cups of boiling water. 3 lipton tea bags in it, let steep about 5 min then lift out the tea baggers with a spoon wrapping their tails around them to wring out more tea. Mix with around 1 gal of cold water.
Throw tea baggers in trash where they belong.

She and my sister liked it. I hate the stuff, too bitter.

I use the hottest water from my tap to melt the sugar faster...all in the pitcher. It's all very hot water, but not boiling. Then I add 7 lipton tea bags and let the tabs hang over the edge of the lip and screw the top back on where the pour spout is where it needs to be. Done.
Then when it cools off, I put it in the fridge with bags still in it.

And sometimes I add 2 tsps of apple cider vinegar to my glass and a tsp of honey. Tastes like lemon is in the tea, but the ACV is better for you than the lemon. Cleans out your innards. :)

Thanks!

I am sorry hon, but I had a traumatic incident with a tea bag when I was young...I despise tea with every fiber of my being.

Tea, in all its forms and its very essence, I spurn like a mangy cur.........

Make a pot of tea by putting 4 family sized tea bags in the coffee maker. When the tea is done, dump it into a gallon pitcher, stir in sugar while hot and top off with water. Simple, but effective.

Thanks!

I use 1/2 gl of water, 1 cup of sugaror splenda, 6 bags of good old liption's tea. I bring it to a boil, let it sit for about 5 hours....pour that into a gallon picture and top it off with water. I keep a 1/2 gl of the "syrup" in the fridge for back up. On a good day we can drink 2 gallons of sweet tea :)

Tea ain't tea unless it's sweet!!! :)

Feels good to post on a thread not dealing with wieners.. :lol:.

sweet_tea_trayliner.jpg
[/CENTER​

Mm.. you got that right, Grace!​

Thanks!

I am sorry hon, but I had a traumatic incident with a tea bag when I was young...I despise tea with every fiber of my being.

I feel sorry for you! I drink five cups of tea a day.

I make an occasional glass of iced tea in the summer, which is starting off brutally here in Florida. I boil a half pint glass of water, brew the tea for 4-5 minutes, add a teaspoon of sugar, then fill the rest of the pint glass with ice. I use Twinning's breakfast tea.

Thanks!

I make an occasional glass of iced tea in the summer, which is starting off brutally here in Florida. I boil a half pint glass of water, brew the tea for 4-5 minutes, add a teaspoon of sugar, then fill the rest of the pint glass with ice. I use Twinning's breakfast tea.
104 in the shade on my front porch today. You moved to a very hot and humid place, bud! Took me a while to get used to the mugginess - it's because of all the trees.

104 in the shade on my front porch today. You moved to a very hot and humid place, bud! Took me a while to get used to the mugginess - it's because of all the trees.

i just came back key west a week ago. I miss it already.

I'm afraid I don't use tea bags. I use instant tea and sweet n low. Its quicker and doesn't make the ice melt as fast which can dilute the taste.

But try the different kinds of tea bags. The water also makes a difference, is it hard or soft water, chlorinated or not, out of the tap or one of those exotic (supposedly) water brands they sell at the store.

We drink LOTS of iced tea here...it's like a food group in Missouri...no meal is complete without it.

We have a Mr. Coffee iced tea maker...pop in a filter (like a coffee filter) and a family sized tea bag and bingo, perfect iced tea every time.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Coffee-TM70-3-Quart-Iced-Tea/product-reviews/B001J5FN48/ref=pr_all_summary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1]Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mr. Coffee TM70 3-Quart Iced-Tea Maker[/ame]

Forum List

Back