let's talk cats

OH I see, in that case good choice! I loved Montana when I lived there too.

Winter was too harsh. I kinda liked Colorado, but it was too expensive to live there. Though once I finally figure out where I want to live the rest of my life I will likely just take on all the work I can, which means I could live anywhere with my rep. But starting off in a new city is always hard, so cheaper is better.
I hear you about Montana. I loved it there but during the winter time, I just didn't go outside much. I did get acclimated to some of the cold. I could go out in 30 degree temp with only a sweater where as before, I would be in a heavy winter coat. :lol:

It is expensive to move, but being a military spouse who has moved at least 13 times kind of miss it. It became an adventure to move! I often joked with my husband saying "We need to buy another home that way ever 3 years I can move from one house to the other".

Your Health though should be the number one concern for where you want to live. We use to always choose the best school within a 50 mile radius of the base. Dang after thinking about this..I realize I really want to move. :lol:

OH I see, in that case good choice! I loved Montana when I lived there too.

Winter was too harsh. I kinda liked Colorado, but it was too expensive to live there. Though once I finally figure out where I want to live the rest of my life I will likely just take on all the work I can, which means I could live anywhere with my rep. But starting off in a new city is always hard, so cheaper is better.
I hear you about Montana. I loved it there but during the winter time, I just didn't go outside much. I did get acclimated to some of the cold. I could go out in 30 degree temp with only a sweater where as before, I would be in a heavy winter coat. :lol:

It is expensive to move, but being a military spouse who has moved at least 13 times kind of miss it. It became an adventure to move! I often joked with my husband saying "We need to buy another home that way ever 3 years I can move from one house to the other".

Your Health though should be the number one concern for where you want to live. We use to always choose the best school within a 50 mile radius of the base. Dang after thinking about this..I realize I really want to move. :lol:

i love to move and try new places! At the time my father was in the air force, we moved about once a year, two if i was lucky...3 yrs if a tour overseas, of which we did 2, 3yrs in puerto rico, and 3 years in italy/with some time in Germany....spent alot of time at my grandparents in brooklyn between transfers and finding new homes in the new places and while dad was serving in Viet Nam....

i've gotten my husband used to it....together we have moved 5 times now, our latest here in maine....all of our family is in florida though and someday, we plan to be back there! It's cool when you are looking to further your career, and where the new job is, doesn't matter....you have no reservations on moving. We were never able to have children together so, i KNOW this has made moving less of a concern for us than it would be with others with children!

we look at moving as an adventure! :D

care

Well good luck to you but if you're going to move, you might want to do more homework of where and ask yourself just why stay on the west coast.

I've lived in many states and there are only a few states right now I wish to live in and the one I'm in now..is not one of them.

I have traveled across the country and lived in many states from 18 to 27 years of age. Lived in Indianapolis even, Covington Louisiana (just north of New Orleans), a few cities in Montana, Durango Colorado, for at least a year each, Tucson for a total of almost 3 or 4 years. The weather in Tucson I liked the best, my arthritis liked it to, and the people were kind of cool, very laid back.

where did you live at in Montana?

Well good luck to you but if you're going to move, you might want to do more homework of where and ask yourself just why stay on the west coast.

I've lived in many states and there are only a few states right now I wish to live in and the one I'm in now..is not one of them.

I have traveled across the country and lived in many states from 18 to 27 years of age. Lived in Indianapolis even, Covington Louisiana (just north of New Orleans), a few cities in Montana, Durango Colorado, for at least a year each, Tucson for a total of almost 3 or 4 years. The weather in Tucson I liked the best, my arthritis liked it to, and the people were kind of cool, very laid back.

Great Falls, Malmstrom AFB

Last edited:

Most of the time was Missoulla ... however you spell it. Went to other parts of the state to, it was too pretty to not at least see the whole thing.

Most of the time was Missoulla ... however you spell it. Went to other parts of the state to, it was too pretty to not at least see the whole thing.
That wasn't too far from Great Falls.

we almost moved to Missoula when I was younger. but I have spent a lot of time in Montana for one my mom helped with the carrousel in Missoula and painted the one in Helena. Montana is very beautiful, last year we went over the Rockies the back way where you end up in Anaconda, I don't think I have seen anywhere more beautiful.

Great Falls, Malmstrom AFB
cool been there once, my brother just drove through there last week actually.
I love the 10,000 silver dollar bar closer to the Idaho border, I used to beg my parents to stop there when we driving to see my brother in Wyomning every summer.

We're having the great cat war here this week. About 6 years ago a little tortieshell manx showed up on the doorstep. She was pregnant as all female strays seem to be. We brought her in and she soon gave birth to 4 black and white kittens. My younger daughter said, ( hear teenage girl drama voice ) " MOM, WE CAN'T SEPARATE THE FAMILY!! " so we kept them all on the condition that when she moved out, THEY moved with her. She and the 5 kitties moved out about three years ago. Since then, we've somehow managed to aquire 6 more cats. 5 of the 6 are "porch" kitties and rarely want to come in the house but the 6th, Simon, is a spoiled monster that adopted my husband and is exclusively an indoor kitty. ( And yes, I spoiled the monster rotten and because he's such a great source of amusement, Simon gets away with just about anything)
Our daughter has gone on vacation this week and all of her kitties are here. Her cats are feuding because one of them had a UTI months ago and must have smelled weird, so now the brothers ( both neutered ) are being territorial. Her cats were all raised here so they mostly think they're home. Simon first decided that it would be fun to have something besides the dog and us to attack, but soon realized that the other cats are more mature and don't want to play. Now he's just pissed about it all. It's going to be a long week.

Poo Poo on litter boxes!!! Train your cats to use the toilet if they're strictly inside cats. If they go outside at all housebreak them away from a litter box!! Both my boys will use the toilet if it's rainy or ugly outside or they'll go outside when the weather is nice. Now, mind you, we have a 6ft fence around an acre and a half of our property so they and the mutants (my two loveable dawgs) can have plenty of room to run and play and poop for that matter. Training the boys to use the toilet was a fairly easy thing to do actually. You can buy the training litter thingy to get them started at Petsmart. NOW if I could only teach them how to flush we'd have it made!!

Forum List

Back