SUGAR BOWL, New Orleans - Jan. 2, 8:30 p.m., Fox
Matchup: BCS vs. BCS
This week's projection: Alabama vs. Utah

FIESTA BOWL, Glendale, Ariz. - Jan. 5, 8 p.m., Fox
This week's projection: Texas vs. USC

Thoughts? Remember, it ain't over yet!

Rivals.com College Football - Updated Rivals.com bowl projections

Looks to me like whoever made those predictions doesn't really keep up with college football.

According to current BCS Standings, Texas should play Alabama for the National Championship.

My personal opinion is Oklahoma and Texas should rematch for the National Championship.

That would be cool, a Texas/Alabama Championship Game.

Crimson Tide against Gunny!

Imagine the possibilities! :cool:

According to current BCS Standings, Texas should play Alabama for the National Championship.

My personal opinion is Oklahoma and Texas should rematch for the National Championship.

Line up Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech with Florida, Alabama and USC in no particlular order. Watch the big 12 clean house.

It's not about current standings, it's about who's likely to win what. No one in their right mind thinks Alabama can beat Florida. After Oklahoma beats a ranked Oklahoma St tomorrow, they will jump Texas in the BCS, putting them in the Big 12 Championship.

It's not about current standings, it's about who's likely to win what. No one in their right mind thinks Alabama can beat Florida. After Oklahoma beats a ranked Oklahoma St tomorrow, they will jump Texas in the BCS, putting them in the Big 12 Championship.

Oklahoma beating Oklahoma St doesn't have much bearing on the fact Oklahoma lost to Texas.

Oklahoma beating Oklahoma St doesn't have much bearing on the fact Oklahoma lost to Texas.

It doesn't. But Oklahoma beating Oklahoma St will most likely push them ahead of Texas in the BCS, putting them in the Big 12 Championship, and likely into the national championship. Thus the reason for the prediction of Florida vs. Oklahoma.

It doesn't. But Oklahoma beating Oklahoma St will most likely push them ahead of Texas in the BCS, putting them in the Big 12 Championship, and likely into the national championship. Thus the reason for the prediction of Florida vs. Oklahoma.

HEY JC!

What a game today, eh? Last minute win for your boys, what a GREAT game!

HEY JC!

What a game today, eh? Last minute win for your boys, what a GREAT game!

JC?

Anyway, yeah, AWESOME game. I ALMOST went, too, but my brother didn't want to go. I was in LR for Thanksgiving, and I drove back to Fayetteville before the game.

I was very angry that Petrino wasn't going to let Casey play his last game, but I was very, VERY pleased when he put Casey in and Casey proved he deserved his QB spot.

I immediately called my LSU friends to gloat.

JC?

Anyway, yeah, AWESOME game. I ALMOST went, too, but my brother didn't want to go. I was in LR for Thanksgiving, and I drove back to Fayetteville before the game.

I was very angry that Petrino wasn't going to let Casey play his last game, but I was very, VERY pleased when he put Casey in and Casey proved he deserved his QB spot.

I immediately called my LSU friends to gloat.

For some reason I was thinking JCSanders? Duh.

Yeah, I was switching between the Arkansas/LSU football game and the Purdue/Oklahomo Basketball game, Purdue lost in overtime. :(

I really don't think Texas or Oklahoma against 'Bama would be much of game. 'Bama might be the big boys on THEIR block, but we don't live there.:cool:

Hey Crimson Tide, you going to take that kind of talk from ole Gunny? :eusa_whistle:

ORANGE BOWL, Miami - Jan. 1, 8 p.m., Fox
This week's projection: Florida State vs. Cincinnati

My great hope for this year is that a final orange bowl and Bobby Bowden can finally sit his ass down and retire, his long-standing competition with Joe Paterno notwithstanding. Enough is enough, dammit.

And, the fact that FSU is potentially getting a bowl invite over Mizzou? Fucking rigged. I hate the BCS right now.

And, the fact that FSU is potentially getting a bowl invite over Mizzou? Fucking rigged. I hate the BCS right now.

Say it with me now PLAYOFF

My woefully under read thread on ranking the D1A has a top ten that would be worthy of playoffs.

I don't mind BCS for rankings in a regular season..... or even for invitations to the cereal bowl. But to use voters for selecting the two for the National Champs....... Ta hell wit dat.

Oh, and since the Big12 is essentially the baddest boyz in da NCAA hood...... I think the tide is going out....... maby sooner than later .......

Oh, and since the Big12 is essentially the baddest boyz in da NCAA hood...... I think the tide is going out....... maby sooner than later .......

Originally, yeah, I thought the Big 12 was the best this year. However, with the way Florida's playing, I think we'd see a hell of a game if it were Florida against Texas or oklahoma. Alabama just doesn't have it all together like Florida does.

My pick is still Oklahoma to beat Florida in the BCS Championship. But I would not be surprised if Florida pulled it off.

Nah, any victory would do it. They are so close in the BCS, and Oklahoma is already ahead in both polls. Beating a ranked Oklahoma St team would easy put them ahead in the BCS, especially considering Texas is playing a horrible A&M team.

Nah, any victory would do it. They are so close in the BCS, and Oklahoma is already ahead in both polls. Beating a ranked Oklahoma St team would easy put them ahead in the BCS, especially considering Texas is playing a horrible A&M team.

I disagree. It was explained in depth to me last night by one of these BCS datadinks. The only way OU moves ahead is if it blows out Oklahoma St.

Texas PLAYED A&M and blew then out 49-9. Unless Ok St falls apart, OU isn't going to blow them out.

Besides, I LOVE to see stuff like this screw up. I hope Florida State and Oklahoma State BOTH win.:badgrin:

Forum List

Back