Let's talk about God

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I'm willing to accept this as a possible solution to what he wants from me.
I might have had it wrong, he might have wanted me to open the eyes
of the church. What do you think???

I believe that if God spoke to you, that was EXACTLY his intent; because I had the same thing happen to me, under different circumstances...It's a long story, but up until after seeing The Passion of the Christ, the last time I had been in Chruch was while serving as a Youth Pastor. I was severely burned out with 'church' and junk...I could write about it, if you care...

-=d=- said:
I believe that if God spoke to you, that was EXACTLY his intent; because I had the same thing happen to me, under different circumstances...It's a long story, but up until after seeing The Passion of the Christ, the last time I had been in Chruch was while serving as a Youth Pastor. I was severely burned out with 'church' and junk...I could write about it, if you care...
Please do!

I had one sort of eerie thing happen to me in Church. It was a couple of months after my dad passed away (I was 16), and not dealing with it good at all. I did go to church on Christmas Eve, although I was still very sad. The music during the service only served to upset me a little more. But at one point, I started staring toward the alter - and to this day, I swear to God - I saw my father's face with a big smile on it. I turned my head, looked the other way for awhile, but when I turned back toward the alter, his image was still there. I left that night with a somewhat lighter heart, and a whole lot more faith!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
this is one thing that makes me doubt the book, because I heard what was said to me, yet I can't recall the words only the message. Would it be fair to say that all messages from God could have came this way???

I don't know if you can say with certainty that your message came from God. I think that's the point -=d=- was making. Would God speak to you only to leave you more confused? In the Bible, people are certain when they are being spoken to by God. Also, the Bible says that when God speaks to us, it is to comfort us, not to confuse us.

gop_jeff said:
I don't know if you can say with certainty that your message came from God. I think that's the point -=d=- was making. Would God speak to you only to leave you more confused? In the Bible, people are certain when they are being spoken to by God. Also, the Bible says that when God speaks to us, it is to comfort us, not to confuse us.
I think some things have cleared up for me now.
D mentioned the current place of worship as being they same way I see it.
My message was not clear to me but since he said that I've been thinking and
ideas have been poping up like wild fire. Now all I have to do is comit myself to
those ideas.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp

Forum List

Back