Let's take a vote ?

Who would you vote for today?

• Total voters
Eh, I admit that I didn't read all his posts, just that last one. ;)

Her posts. A lot of Hillary supporters will not fall for the Palin nomination. The reason is because women that would have voted Hillary were not just voting for her because she is a women. Palin does not a Hillary make. It is an insult to women when McCain picks a woman because he thinks they are only voting for gender.

I an most of the other Hillary supports voted for her because she repersented our views. Palin does not. This will in the end bring McCain few votes if any.

It is an insult to women when McCain picks a woman because he thinks they are only voting for gender.

It's an insult to McCain to think he's ignorant enough to pick her for that reason alone, too.

And, I apologize for the gender mixup. Inferno is not using a handle for a female. :)

It's an insult to McCain to think he's ignorant enough to pick her for that reason alone, too.

And, I apologize for the gender mixup. Inferno is not using a handle for a female. :)
No need to apologize for that. It is hard to tell from a handle.

I think McCain if he wanted to get the women that supported Hillary could have picked someone closer to her. He would not get that liberal and retain his core but he could have come closer and maybe gained some of the disenchanted Hillary voters. More than he will get.

No need to apologize for that. It is hard to tell from a handle.

I think McCain if he wanted to get the women that supported Hillary could have picked someone closer to her. He would not get that liberal and retain his core but he could have come closer and maybe gained some of the disenchanted Hillary voters. More than he will get.

There's really no women in the GOP that would appeal to the Clinton base. McCain appeals to them more than any of the women do.

His choosing Palin was to appeal to the far, FAR right, which is his main concern. If he can't get them to come out and vote, he can't win. Palin lights a fire under their asses and ensures they show up.

This is what the vote will be looking like in November, too, I imagine.

Poor dems. First they get cheated out of their Great Depression II hopes, then we don't lose the conflict in Iraq AFTER ALL (damn!) and now this.

Will they ever get over it? Probably not. This would be a good time to choose a career in psychiatry...they're going to need some help....

who was hoping for a depression? thats idiotic. youre just still angry that your "there is no evidence of a recession" claim was shown untrue

Granny, I'm a granny too. You'd have to be pretty darned old to have diapered me.
You aren't a Republican, and with the views you've been voicing since day one on here, you've never been one. I don't care what your voter registration card says. Like I said, it's not because you're duplicitous; you just don't understand the difference between the parties. It's okay.

The same has been said of you on multiple occasions, don't forget...

Yesterday I may have said none of the above. Today I say Obama/Biden because McCain insulted me by picking Palin. I suppoprted Hillary in the D primaries and was one of those undecidededs until McCain did this.

Something just doesnt make sense. If you supported Hillary in primaries, you were already leaning to Dems, regardless of what McCain was doing.

oh come on.. a no name woman from alaska from out of nowhere WASN'T a strategic choice to lure bitter vagina voters? come on.

i totally agree. she's pulling in the conservative vote by balancing out mccain's notorious streak of liberalism on a few issues.. BUT, and let me be clear, if mccain dies in office republicans will have provided the first woman president... and that will go a long way for women who just want to see a woman in that office.

probably but it's not the ONLY thing she has to attract voters .

yes, she's pro-life and pro-guns which is extremely important to their republican base...many woman who supported hillary are pro-choice and would be very concerned about judicial nominations being overly influenced by the religious right agenda. the fact that she is a woman helps only to a certain degree when you consider many women will vote based on the abortion issue alone.

Last edited:
Ame®icano;758272 said:
Something just doesnt make sense. If you supported Hillary in primaries, you were already leaning to Dems, regardless of what McCain was doing.

I did not support Obama and still don't think he is better than Hillary for the job. I was not going to vote in the general. Only after a time did I decide I would vote for Obama because he was not McCain. With the choice of Palin I am now acticely involved in the Obama campaign.

I don't argue with her experience. I argue that McCain has flip floped on what he has said about how much experience you need to run this country.

I see her as simply pandering to the female voter. He thinks that I an the women that voted for Hillary were voting solely by gender. That would be really dumb to vote solely on gender. He by this pick is calling women dumb. So I now campaign for Obama.

I did not support Obama and still don't think he is better than Hillary for the job. I was not going to vote in the general. Only after a time did I decide I would vote for Obama because he was not McCain. With the choice of Palin I am now acticely involved in the Obama campaign.

I don't argue with her experience. I argue that McCain has flip floped on what he has said about how much experience you need to run this country.

I see her as simply pandering to the female voter. He thinks that I an the women that voted for Hillary were voting solely by gender. That would be really dumb to vote solely on gender. He by this pick is calling women dumb. So I now campaign for Obama.

he's not pandering so much to women as he is pandering to the religious right...the fact that she is a woman is just the icing on the cake.

He picked her just because he thinks that women are one issue voters. I wasn't voting for Hillary because she was a woman i was voting because I thought she was right. McCain picked this woman because IMO he deems women stupid enough to be voting solely on gender.

I started working for the Obama campaign today calling Hillary supporters and asking for there vote. Not all feel as i do but many do. Not that i made a millian phone calls. But less are for McCain today than yesterday by 7. That is in no way a scientic poll but it says something to me. I called 67 people.

I agree, his choice of Palin shows POOR JUDGMENT, an argument Obama has been making about him all along. Part of that poor judgment evidently is that he spoke with her once before naming her, a week ago (!) which puts his first conversation with her after the recent rumor that he would pick Romney or Lieberman. There is a rumor that until the previous evening he had not decided and perhaps still wanted Lieberman which would have shored up people like me in the center in a huge way and done the same to emphasize reform, also important to me. All of this means she is a hail mary pass. He spoke with her for a matter of a few hours total before naming her his pick. What sort of judgment does this show?

I do not consider this an example of good judgment on his part, and the thought of her being president if he dies is scary as all hell. I do understand that the men on this board find her sexy, she is all that.

Obama/Biden.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back