Let's suppose, shall we...

I don't know Kevin, I simply asked you to consider the consequences. I'm well off, but my estate will not allow my two son's to live the life of William Kristol, or any of the Busk kids, or the Wal-Mart heirs. Your 'kind' speaks of personal responsibility, I'm simply trying to understand what this means.

Well what are the consequences of allowing others to keep their own money and allowing people to leave their property to whomever they want? I see those two scenarios as being indicative of a free society, but that's just me.

Nope, it's not "just you"; it's other idiots much like you. I suggested you think, something you don't seem capable of doing.

I'm suggesting that you enlighten us as to what the consequences are that only you seem to be aware of. If you can't do that then it's obvious you're simply making things up.

Kevin in in the top 1%?

I thought only the top 1% or somesuch paid any inheritance taxes?

Certainly not. But why should the government be able to claim a right to the property of anyone after they die? Sets a pretty bad precedent in my opinion.

Well what are the consequences of allowing others to keep their own money and allowing people to leave their property to whomever they want? I see those two scenarios as being indicative of a free society, but that's just me.

Nope, it's not "just you"; it's other idiots much like you. I suggested you think, something you don't seem capable of doing.

I'm suggesting that you enlighten us as to what the consequences are that only you seem to be aware of. If you can't do that then it's obvious you're simply making things up.

Craven Kinky Pee.........YOU of all people, who is a tea partier, is telling OTHERS that they make shit up?

But then again...........those that do it the most, know it the best.

By the way, is your avi a pic of you? If so, you look EXACTLY like what I'd expect some douchebag asshole who is still pissed because Obama won.

Here is what taxes are paying for:
2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can see cutting back the military and telling the EU their free ride is over. They can defend themselves going forward. Similarly, we need to make SS & Medicare solvent. Those are benefits that were earned and are owed. Cut taxes after showing the budget is balanced.

Could do away with the Department of Energy, Their job was to make us non dependent on Foreign oil. FAIL.....

We disagree on every issue thus far, but I see a glimmer of hope. I'm retired at GS 15, but I recognize I'm lucky (lucky in the sense that I looked ahead) and want to see every American who works hard receive the same benefits which I do.
Do we agree?

You are not so lucky as you have received what you earned and worked for. I want everyone to get what they earn and work for, nothing more, nothing less. Unless of course they cannot work.

No, income should not be taxed, and why shouldn't I be allowed to leave my property to whomever I want to without government interference when I pass?

I don't know Kevin, I simply asked you to consider the consequences. I'm well off, but my estate will not allow my two son's to live the life of William Kristol, or any of the Busk kids, or the Wal-Mart heirs. Your 'kind' speaks of personal responsibility, I'm simply trying to understand what this means.

And in your world, when you called 911, you'd get a recording of 'go fuck yourself free boy'.

:lol:

The federal government has rose by 47,000 new jobs since Obama took office, (no I don't have a link, sorry). American citizens have less and less power as time goes by and with Obama and the Democrats the pace has increased, keep dreaming, I suppose it helps.

Do you have a point? I understand this is your opinion, but most of us who hold opinions rely on our education, experience and critical thought. What do you rely on?

I'm just throwing a log on the fire there buckwheat, no need to get your butt in a twist.
The fact you get nothing out of my post, means very little to me..

Craven Kinky Pee.........YOU of all people, who is a tea partier, is telling OTHERS that they make shit up?

But then again...........those that do it the most, know it the best.

By the way, is your avi a pic of you? If so, you look EXACTLY like what I'd expect some douchebag asshole who is still pissed because Obama won.

Craven Kinky Pee? Small children make more sense than that. On top of that, I've never been to a Tea Party, and nor do I sign off on the ideals of the 2009 "Tea Party Movement." The Tea Party being advertised in my avatar is of the Ron Paul persuasion, not the Glenn Beck/Fox News persuasion.

The person in my avatar is Dr. Rand Paul who is running for Senate in Kentucky, not me.

And in your world, when you called 911, you'd get a recording of 'go fuck yourself free boy'.

:lol:

In the words of Mike Tyson, I doubt it seriously.

I'll be happy to enlighten you, Kevin.
First, read the Preamble to the Constituton of the United States of America.
Next, read the Declaraton of Independence.
Finally, turn off AM Radio and don't listen to Hannity or Limbugh and go to the library. Read, Rousseau, Locke, Mill, Jefferson, Thoreau, Twain; and think.
Then, we'll talk.

The estate tax exemption for 2009 is $3.9 million. That leaves a lot of people out of having to worry about this tax. It's surprising that so many people feel it's something to whine about.

I'll be happy to enlighten you, Kevin.
First, read the Preamble to the Constituton of the United States of America.
Next, read the Declaraton of Independence.
Finally, turn off AM Radio and don't listen to Hannity or Limbugh and go to the library. Read, Rousseau, Locke, Mill, Jefferson, Thoreau, Twain; and think.
Then, we'll talk.

You think Jefferson would agree with you that lower taxes are a bad thing? The same Thomas Jefferson that believed George Washington and Alexander Hamilton were tyrants for cracking down on tax protestors in the Whiskey Rebellion? You think the Declaration of Independence, written by Thomas Jefferson, which states that one of the reasons the colonies were seceding from the British empire was "For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent," will show the "consequences" of less taxation?

What you're really saying here is that you have no idea what you're talking about, and are now trying to save face. We can't have a serious discussion on this issue until you clue the rest of us in to exactly what it is you're talking about, but you're unable to do that.

Oh, and Kevin, consider how much personal responsibility helped mold the personality of George W. Bush, Paris Hilton, or William Kristol?

What do they have to do with the "consequences" of less taxation?

Each one was born with a silver spoon in their mouth Kevin. I wasn't, I'll never have the wealth that they control, but, I'm a much better person than they will ever be.

Forum List

Back