Let's suppose, shall we...

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
That the income tax was reformed and we could all keep 90% of our income. 10% would be the maximum tax to any individual and provide for the entire cost of federal governance.
And, let's suppose, that the 'death tax' was eliminated, and that all of the wealth from one generation could be passed down to the next without tax liability.
What would be the result?

That the income tax was reformed and we could all keep 90% of our income. 10% would be the maximum tax to any individual and provide for the entire cost of federal governance.
And, let's suppose, that the 'death tax' was eliminated, and that all of the wealth from one generation could be passed down to the next without tax liability.

People would be a lot better off. But people would be even better off if they could keep 100% of their income.

• Banned

People would be a lot better off. But people would be even better off if they could keep 100% of their income.

Really, so all income should be free of any tax, and all wealth earned should be passed on to the next generation? That is a society in which you would like to reside?

Really, so all income should be free of any tax, and all wealth earned should be passed on to the next generation? That is a society in which you would like to reside?

No, income should not be taxed, and why shouldn't I be allowed to leave my property to whomever I want to without government interference when I pass?

No, income should not be taxed, and why shouldn't I be allowed to leave my property to whomever I want to without government interference when I pass?
Here is what taxes are paying for:
2009 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can see cutting back the military and telling the EU their free ride is over. They can defend themselves going forward. Similarly, we need to make SS & Medicare solvent. Those are benefits that were earned and are owed. Cut taxes after showing the budget is balanced.

You DO realize that the reason for the taxes is so that there is infrastructure, the government (supposedly) does things for the betterment of the country.

If you don't want to pay taxes, build your own fucking roads, stay off the taxpayers.

And........if it was 10 percent straight off the top? We'd have enough money to pay for health care, rebuilding the infrastructure, etc.

The reason that the rich bitch so much about taxes? They don't want their loopholes closed so that they have to pay like the rest of us.

I can see cutting back the military and telling the EU their free ride is over. They can defend themselves going forward. Similarly, we need to make SS & Medicare solvent. Those are benefits that were earned and are owed. Cut taxes after showing the budget is balanced.

Could do away with the Department of Energy, Their job was to make us non dependent on Foreign oil. FAIL.....

• Banned

I don't know Kevin, I simply asked you to consider the consequences. I'm well off, but my estate will not allow my two son's to live the life of William Kristol, or any of the Busk kids, or the Wal-Mart heirs. Your 'kind' speaks of personal responsibility, I'm simply trying to understand what this means.

• Banned

Could do away with the Department of Energy, Their job was to make us non dependent on Foreign oil. FAIL.....

We disagree on every issue thus far, but I see a glimmer of hope. I'm retired at GS 15, but I recognize I'm lucky (lucky in the sense that I looked ahead) and want to see every American who works hard receive the same benefits which I do.
Do we agree?

You DO realize that the reason for the taxes is so that there is infrastructure, the government (supposedly) does things for the betterment of the country.

If you don't want to pay taxes, build your own fucking roads, stay off the taxpayers.

And........if it was 10 percent straight off the top? We'd have enough money to pay for health care, rebuilding the infrastructure, etc.

The reason that the rich bitch so much about taxes? They don't want their loopholes closed so that they have to pay like the rest of us.

How about if you don't like what I have to say you start your own threads and stay out of the ones I'm in?

I don't know Kevin, I simply asked you to consider the consequences. I'm well off, but my estate will not allow my two son's to live the life of William Kristol, or any of the Busk kids, or the Wal-Mart heirs. Your 'kind' speaks of personal responsibility, I'm simply trying to understand what this means.

Well what are the consequences of allowing others to keep their own money and allowing people to leave their property to whomever they want? I see those two scenarios as being indicative of a free society, but that's just me.

I am for a flat tax. No deductions, No exemptions. On all income except inheritance.

It is your money if you want to give it to a political party or church pay tax on it just like all the rest.

This is for personal income only.

Think of all the money saved in the IRS and that parasitic corporation who lives off of our tax dollars. Professional personal income tax preparers.

The flat percentage is held out from your paycheck, etc and sent to the IRS.
You would only have to file an affidavit saying their record is true. And or fille a supplemental income statement if you had income not reported and taxed.

We could keep some of the deferred tax havens, 401K, college funds, etc and have the money placed in them not be taxed.

For which you would file a refund request.

Imagine only 2-3 personal income tax forms?

No asshole......I'm telling you to fuck off and that I think you're a pedant, as well as tell you to go do something useful, like pleasing purists.

How much of your brain did the tea party lobotomy take, all of it?

The federal government has rose by 47,000 new jobs since Obama took office, (no I don't have a link, sorry). American citizens have less and less power as time goes by and with Obama and the Democrats the pace has increased, keep dreaming, I suppose it helps.

No asshole......I'm telling you to fuck off and that I think you're a pedant, as well as tell you to go do something useful, like pleasing purists.

How much of your brain did the tea party lobotomy take, all of it?

Well I'm telling you that you're rude for no reason, and that you would be better served doing something more useful than getting on the internet to insult people.

Well what are the consequences of allowing others to keep their own money and allowing people to leave their property to whomever they want? I see those two scenarios as being indicative of a free society, but that's just me.

Nope, it's not "just you"; it's other idiots much like you. I suggested you think, something you don't seem capable of doing.

The federal government has rose by 47,000 new jobs since Obama took office, (no I don't have a link, sorry). American citizens have less and less power as time goes by and with Obama and the Democrats the pace has increased, keep dreaming, I suppose it helps.

Do you have a point? I understand this is your opinion, but most of us who hold opinions rely on our education, experience and critical thought. What do you rely on?

Forum List

Back