Let's stop name-calling

That's the most stupid thing, I've ever heard....

How the hell does someone reclaim a WORD, that doesn't belong to them to begin with....????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It might help if you knew what the definition of reclaim was, in this context. Here, since you are obviously either too lazy or too stupid to do basic research, here you go.

To reclaim is to bring a word back to a more acceptable course. This can have wider implications in the fields of discourse, and is often used described in terms of personal or socio-political empowerment.

It might help if you knew what the definition of reclaim was, in this context. Here, since you are obviously either too lazy or too stupid to do basic research, here you go.

Such as 'gay' meaning be happy or light hearted?

larkinn, do you think is it healthy to take a word, used to harm others, and try and make it nice again, Im not trying to be snotty, but im just not sure, its a good idea to take a bad word, and pretend its not bad.

Reclaim..........Hummm. how the hell, does someone reclaim a.....word...they never had to begin with??????????????????

I am too lazy and too stoopid, toooooooo run around in circles, because, no on told me how many circles I'm suppose toooooo run around in?????

will this hep....
2irpzr6.gif

No offense larkinn, but i dont think she is stupid :), she is actually quite intellectual, in my judgment. However, I have no problems with you.

Hence, yes....
I am too lazy and too stoopid, toooooooo run around in circles, because, no on told me how many circles I'm suppose toooooo run around in?????

will this hep....
2irpzr6.gif

nice doggy, nice.

Anybody can take a WORD.... and turn it into whatever they like...

If we are stupid enough, to give these little bleeading hearts, a goshdarn word.......... then we can forget our own, freedon of speech....

Screw, all ya all.....I'm not giving up...my freedom of speech for NOBODY....

Love ya...........stephanie
a194.gif

I understand, that the government should not ban words, because then, where do they stop, its a very slippery slope. So i agree with you.

The only time, the government acts, is when islamo nazi terrorists threaten us, in any way, like radical clerics, and we should shut down , all madrassas in the u.s. they do nothing but teach hate, and monitor every mosque in america, and deport any muslim cleric preaching hate, and deport any muslim, caught threatening us, or even trying to commit terrorism.

better safe then sorry!

Liberals can call me any name they want, im not willing to lose my country to illegals, or muslims. Im just not willing.

larkinn, do you think is it healthy to take a word, used to harm others, and try and make it nice again, Im not trying to be snotty, but im just not sure, its a good idea to take a bad word, and pretend its not bad.

Its not making it nice again, its removing the power that has been, and continues to be used, to hurt.

Reclaim..........Hummm. how the hell, does someone reclaim a.....word...they never had to begin with??????????????????

Because its a different definition of reclaim. Obviously.

Im not sure what your point is, and i dont mean that in a rude way, please tell me exactly what youre trying to say.

The reference goes back to an earlier thread. I find name-calling to be petty. Ait reveals more about the class of the name-caller than anything else. People use “Fag” as an example. I suggest that calling a homosexual a “Fag” is similar to calling a Black person a “******”. According to dictionaries, there is no distinction among Blacks that would limit the use of this derogatory term. A ****** can be a nice Black or a bad Black. If there is a difference between “Fag” for Homosexual and “******” for Black person, then there are other offensive examples: ****, Chink, half-breed, etc.

Forum List

Back