Let's stop name-calling

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
Shattered said:
I am MORE than capable of admitting when I'm wrong. I don't mince words, I don't beat around the bush. In ANY case. Just because you find it impossible to seperate "blacks" from "*******" (which are two entirely different classes) doesn't mean the rest of the world is as ignorant. As for "fags", there are no seperate classes - one either is, or one is not. Period.

See http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=584422&postcount=117

I don’t beat around the bush either. Read the dictionary again. The word “******” is an extremely Disparaging and Offensive term for a Black person. It does not qualify the Black person. The Black person might be rich or poor. He can show class or no class.

If you don’t think that “Fag” is to “Homosexual” as “******” is to “Black”, then is “Fag” to “Homosexual” as “Jesus Freak” is to “Christian”? ”? All Christians are merely Jesus Freaks. They are synonymous terms and self-defining. Consider the term “Half Breed”. Is it a good term for an interracial child? Is “Broad” or “Chick” a suitable term for a “Woman”? Is “Chink” a good term for a Chinese person?

Can’t we simple cut out the stupid name-calling?

I don’t beat around the bush either. Read the dictionary again. The word “******” is an extremely Disparaging and Offensive term for a Black person. It does not qualify the Black person. The Black person might be rich or poor. He can show class or no class.

If you don’t think that “Fag” is to “Homosexual” as “******” is to “Black”, then is “Fag” to “Homosexual” as “Jesus Freak” is to “Christian”? ”? All Christians are merely Jesus Freaks. They are synonymous terms and self-defining. Consider the term “Half Breed”. Is it a good term for an interracial child? Is “Broad” or “Chick” a suitable term for a “Woman”? Is “Chink” a good term for a Chinese person?

Why is it??

Blacks can call each other nigga..

And homosexuals, can call each other, fag or queer...???

But, us white people get told we're not SUPPOSE to use these words...

Dumb..:eusa_think:

Why is it??

It is a matter of identity. The term Cracker or Honky has not caught in the “white community”. Yet, if it had caught on, it would be okay for whites to call each other honky or cracker but socially out-of-line for other races to call white people such offensive terms.

It is a matter of identity. The term Cracker or Honky has not caught in the “white community”. Yet, if it had caught on, it would be okay for whites to call each other honky or cracker but socially out-of-line for other races to call white people such offensive terms.

I don't care what somebody calls me....

I just laugh at them...

All this crap about names and words...

Dumb...:eusa_think:

You think that because you haven't been oppressed.

How do you know, what I have or have not been??:eusa_naughty:

I just don't go around fretting about it...

I have far more important things to worry about, then if someone calls me a name...

Why is it??

Look wench, you just sit back there in the corner and don't speak unless your old man lets ya!:badgrin:

How do you know, what I have or have not been??:eusa_naughty:

I just don't go around fretting about it...

I have far more important things to worry about, then if someone calls me a name...

I can tell by your attitude about it. Its not exactly hard to see with you...or with many Republicans actually.

I can tell by your attitude about it. Its not exactly hard to see with you...or with many Republicans actually.

:rofl:

And.....I can still tell from all your postings....

You're a REAL HAPPY person...

Oops....can I call someone.......a real happy person....?????

:rofl:

I'm not sure a political party has anything to do with it. It's a matter of whether or not you are overly-sensitive to other people's opinions. I hardly consider that a trait restricted to a political belief.

Look wench, you just sit back there in the corner and don't speak unless your old man lets ya!:badgrin:

Them there...are fighten words...

Take this....

Fighting-Cat.gif

:razz:

I'm not sure a political party has anything to do with it. It's a matter of whether or not you are overly-sensitive to other people's opinions. I hardly consider that a trait restricted to a political belief.

Sheesh....with some people, everything is Political...

Such a heavy burden to bear...

Some people, need to lighten up....live a little.....wheeeeeeeeeeee:rolleyes:

I don't think thats it as all. Yes, the idea of being overly sensitive is politically neutral, but I think that those who have faced oppression, racism, homophobia, etc, are more likely to react strongly to words they associate with actual real ills they have experienced because of those types of feelings people have. I also think that Republicans tend to be suburban whites, and that they tend to have less experience with those types of social ills and what they represent.

originally posted by Dumbo
Sheesh....with some people, everything is Political...

Such a heavy burden to bear...

Some people, need to lighten up....live a little.....wheeeeeeeeeeee

Hey big ears...this is a politics board, in case you haven't noticed.

Im not sure what your point is, and i dont mean that in a rude way, please tell me exactly what youre trying to say.

Forum List

Back