Let's Stand Up and Say, "8 is enough!"

Wal-Mart buys from manufacturers all across the world. Trust me, I have to listen to it every day, being that I go to the WALTON College of Business.
careful you might give a little touch of reality that kirk cant stand

Unbelievable......

"If Wal-Mart were an individual economy, it would rank as China's eighth-biggest trading partner, ahead of Russia, Australia and Canada," Xu said.

Wal-Mart's China inventory to hit US$18b this year

70% of Wal-Mart's inventory is from China. Guess what, that's because the Chinese provide better, cheaper, and faster products. Their engineering lead-time is off the charts. Wal-Mart's strategic vision is to provide the consumer the best product at the cheapest cost when they need it.

You expect Wal-Mart to buy only U.S.-made products? What sense would that make? U.S. manufacturers sell their products for more, take longer to produce their products, and produce subpar products compared with the Chinese.

Wal-Mart flourishes on a just-in-time inventory. Their infrastructure relies on their multi-million square foot distribution centers that keep stock level at optimal levels DAILY. Take that away, and they lose millions of bucks a day.

Wal-Mart also offers so many tools to its vendors that could completely reinvent their production levels, but American manufacturers are not taking advantage of these products because they don't want to spend the money up front. They could see profits skyrocket if they would.

What it comes down to is that American firms aren't hiring the right people to make the right decisions about their distribution. The Chinese are. They've always had the competitive advantage when it comes to information systems and logistics. Sorry, that's just the way the world works.

Last edited:
Unbelievable......

"If Wal-Mart were an individual economy, it would rank as China's eighth-biggest trading partner, ahead of Russia, Australia and Canada," Xu said.

Wal-Mart's China inventory to hit US$18b this year

Are the people in China somehow not entitled to make a living? How compassionate of you to think they shouldn't be allowed to work.

Let's look at the benefits:

1)American consumers get cheap products.
2)Stockholders make profit
3)Workers are employed.
4)Chinese workers are also employed at wages high for their markets.

Looks to me that both the economy and people of both nations benefit from this transaction. What's the problem?

I don't know if it was a good speech or not, I've just gotten too cynical.

But I do know that it will make a lot of people vote for him because he does give them hope during bad economic times. It will also make a lot of people vote for McCain because Obama scares the bejesus out of them with all his social programs. The question is, which group is larger?

Hitler?

You mean the guy that invaded countries that weren't a threat to him, built concentration camps, tortured prisoners, suspended habeas corpus, and created a bogus outside threat so he could suspend civil liberties and spy on citizens?

Oh........wait.......

That's George Bush.......sorry.

NEWSFLASH: Your precious little Barack Obama voted for the PATRIOT Act extension.

I heard the last five minutes of it.

I'll be looking forward to reading the transcipt.

I'll just wait until them to read if there's any substance in it.

Judging from the crowd's repsonse, I'd say he knew where how to push his audience's buttons though.

You want o know what I'm really loking forward to?

The foreign policy debate that he and McCain are going to have.

I'd love to hear a debate between them about economic policy as well.

Last edited:
Here is the speech in full for those who would like to watch it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv8eiDvrHJ4]YouTube - Barack Obama at the 2008 DNC[/ame]

Forum List

Back