Let's run government like a business!

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Hey guys!

1) end all general welfare spending programs immediately. Including Social Security, disaster relief, health care for children, etc. These programs are simply not profitable.

2) start using our government's assets to make money. Some ideas
a) rent out the use of our military to any nation or corporation willing to pay enough for it
b) make all federal highways toll roads
c) initiate fees for citizens and non-citizens alike to pass through border and customs enforcement at the border. ICE should be made profitable.

Any other ideas to make our government profitable like a business?

Yeah it has to be the most extreme example because you really think that's what repubs want. You don't really think that though you do it because your party has nothing else. Or maybe you are just stupid. I dunno.

Another really stupid thread meant to scare none thinkers, which seems to be Obama's base.

Hey guys!

1) end all general welfare spending programs immediately. Including Social Security, disaster relief, health care for children, etc. These programs are simply not profitable.

a) rent out the use of our military to any nation or corporation willing to pay enough for it
c) initiate fees for citizens and non-citizens alike to pass through border and customs enforcement at the border. ICE should be made profitable.

Yeah, we don't let you run it you idiot.

High on hysterics, but low on substance. If we had run our Nation like a Business, we wouldn't be in this deep horrific hole we're currently stuck in. No Business operates succesfully with this kind of shocking incompetence. It's actually the perfect time to start running our Nation like a Business. What other choice do we have?

Yeah it has to be the most extreme example because you really think that's what repubs want. You don't really think that though you do it because your party has nothing else. Or maybe you are just stupid. I dunno.

I'm sorry, I don't think its "extreme" for a business to eliminate the parts of it that are unprofitable and to try to maximize profit from the rest of it. You do?

Shouldn't a business try to maximize its long term profit?

High on hysterics, but low on substance. If we had run our Nation like a Business, we wouldn't be in this deep horrific hole we're currently stuck in. No Business operates succesfully with this kind of shocking incompetence. It's actually the perfect time to start running our Nation like a Business. What other choice do we have?

OK. So shouldn't we try to maximize our government's long term profit then? Is that not the point of a business - to make money?

You have a lot of gall to call anyone stupid. Do you know how to spell and understand S A R C A S M?

Sarcasm can be a useful rhetorical device, in this case it is spot on. Government is not a business and cannot be run like a business; in particular a president of our county, confined by checks and balances, is limited in what s/he can and cannot do.

Romney could fire people at will, as President he cannot fire a Senator or Member of the House, simply because they roadblock his agenda. As CEO he had the luxury to fire at will, which he celebrated to the the nation recently. As President his every action would be examined and his every utterance parsed. As an elite he is not used to being questioned, which will happen often as he will be doing the bidding of those who paid to have him elected.

Some ideas any Ayn Rand supporter will support:

- Sell off all airports, railway stations and ports to private investors.

- Run all state-backed businesses and institutions on a for-profit basis - e.g. libraries, operas, orchestras.

- Privatise all sewerage treatment, and have it operate on a for-profit basis

- Close all mail delivery and provision of electricity and water supplies in areas which are not profitable. Residents can pay extra to ensure they are supplied.

Hey guys!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFptgQ8GA_U]Hindenburg Crash in 1937 - Original Footage! - YouTube[/ame]

OK. So shouldn't we try to maximize our government's long term profit then? Is that not the point of a business - to make money?

It's not too late to run our Nation like a Business. That can still happen. But we are running out of time. It's $16 Trillion and rising. Someone's gonna have to be the Adult and finally start addressing this catastrophic mess we're in. But I do understand many like you prefer to be hysterical & irrational. And that's why you can't be the people to fix the problems. You just don't have it in you. And i'm really not trying to insult you when i say that. I'm just saying hysterical irrational people cannot be counted on to solve incredibly difficult problems. Someone has to be a calm rational Adult. It is what it is.

New Topics

Forum List

Back