Lets ruin it for everyone !

E

eric

Here we go again, a few idiots ruining it for everyone.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031230/ap_on_he_me/ephedra

My thoughts :

Naturally occuring ephedra, such as in Ma Hung, is a wonderful decongestant, to be used for allergies and colds. This is where Pseudophedrine comes from. Except that the herbs containing ephedra also contain other valuable alkaloids that exert a synergistic effect of the human body, bestowing other health benefits as well.

So now a few idiots abuse this substance for their own selfish purposes, hurt themselves and we all have to pay. My feeling is people should educate themselves this is not the resposibility of our government.

This brings up another peeve I have. People blaming and sueing business for their own lack of knowledge. We live in a society where knowledge is everywhere. If you choose to ignore or are to lazy to find the information available, then it is not up to society to hold your hand. Look I smoke, I know what it does to me, and I accept full responsiblity for my actions. If I eat McDonalds, I fully understand the food is loaded with fats and oils, and that if not eaten in moderation, health issues will insue. The only responsiblity McDonalds has is to provide accurate nutrional facts concerning their food, nothing more, nothing less.

But hey why go out and work for a living when we can just think of someone to sue !!!!!

I've been saying this stuff for years...the more people look to the government to help them, the more the government is going to interfere with every aspect of their lives.

Personally, I just wish the government would stop pandering to stupid people. I don't exactly mourn the loss of people so stupid as to kill themselves...like smoking, taking drugs, being obese, getting std's, etc. The only people I mourn are the innocents who get killed by the stupid ones.

It never ceases to amaze me how infantile this country is.

The Bush administration hasn't been the most trial lawyer friendly. Ephedra products are dangerous. Many, many people have died or been caused severe health complications as a result. That being said, like alcohol and tobacco, ephedra drugs should have warning labels on them and the public make their own choice. Prohibition didn't work on alcohol, it won't work on this.

Forum List

Back