Let's review the past 1000 days

Pasquinade

Rookie
May 31, 2005
Bruton, England
As we draw to the end of this very turbulent year I think that it would be interesting to review the past 1000 days in President Bush's 'War on Terror' specifically his policy in Iraq.
On December the 13th, 2005 it had been 1000 days since the end of major combat operations, the primary goal of which,remove a dictator from power, to bring Democracy and good will to the people's of Iraq and to stop WMD's from blowing all to hell.

Let's review this operation in numbers, that should be fairly esay for all to understand:
$204.4 billion.The cost to the US of the war so far.
$35,819m World Bank estimated cost of construction.
8% of Iraqi children suffere acute malnutrition.
251 Foreigners kidnapped
70% Iraqis whose sewage system rarely works
183,000 British & American troops are still in action in Iraq.
2,339 Allied troops killed
30,000 Estimated Iraqi civilian deaths
20 casualties per month from unexploded mines
20% Inflation rate 2005
25-40% Estimated unemployment rate, Nov 2005
82% Iraqis who are "strongly opposed" to presence of colaition troops
15,955 US troops wounded in action
O WMD's found!!

Makes one think that maybe it was a bad idea?
Come on people, you are better than this,take action, complain bitterly and don't be complacent.
It's no use burying your head in the sand this problem will not quietly disappear.

Pasquinade said:
I think that it would be interesting to review the past 1000 days in President Bush's 'War on Terror' specifically his policy in Iraq.
Who is Tony Blair?

Where did those numbers come from?

A link is needed!

Pasquinade said:
As we draw to the end of this very turbulent year I think that it would be interesting to review the past 1000 days in President Bush's 'War on Terror' specifically his policy in Iraq.
20% Inflation rate 2005
25-40% Estimated unemployment rate, Nov 2005
82% Iraqis who are "strongly opposed" to presence of colaition troops
15,955 US troops wounded in action....
....Makes one think that maybe it was a bad idea?
Come on people, you are better than this,take action, complain bitterly and don't be complacent.
It's no use burying your head in the sand this problem will not quietly disappear.

Very well balanced!

For some reason, your nic made me think of the word masquerade, your post reinforces that.

There is a man, he woke up, it was the beginning of the weekend. He started drinking beer around 3 pm and got quite drunk and ignored his wife and kids the rest of the weekend. He then got up and went to work on mon. morning and worked the rest of the week, and the next weekend repeated the behavior. This has been going on for several months now.

A bad husband? Father?

Hard to say unless you know his previous behavior.
If
A: He was previously a non drinker, then he is a scum bag.

B: Previously a hard drinker, drinking every night to oblivion and losing his job, being unemployed 8 months of each year, then he is quite improved, and his wife is actually very happy with his improvement.

Now, please post facts and stats relating to how Iraq was BEFORE the ouster of saddam.

I think rather than those DISTORTED numbers you present, we should ask the people OF IRAQ (yea, the same ones you think DONT DESERVE self determination) if they think they are better off.

OPPPS, polls show they think they are.

too bad for you, truth revealed.

But the terrorists love you, you aid and support them.

Forum List

Back