Lets Restart the Calendar to a Year NOT Referencing the birth of Christ

Got a link?

Got a link that shows that a lot of people care, I'm thinking 1% at the most.

I never said that most peole want this or any other percentage. Did you bother to even read what I posted? You dont seem to be familiar with what I wrote.

I don't see it as important, just like someone saying Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, it is trivial.

In your opinion.

I was responding to this dialogue between you and Politico.

So then why do so many use CE instead of AD?

Some Leftytoon academics is not many. In fact most people don't care.

Got a link?

Sorry you didn't understand.

Seriously a link to what? I have a calendar hanging on the wall and on my computer that is like every other typical one sold. It says 2012 calendar. There's no AD, CE, ME, NFL, NBA or anything else on it. Just girls in posing with fruit.

Seriously a link to what? I have a calendar hanging on the wall and on my computer that is like every other typical one sold. It says 2012 calendar. There's no AD, CE, ME, NFL, NBA or anything else on it. Just girls in posing with fruit.

He said most people dont care, which is an unwarranted assertion, unless someone has run a poll on this proposed change already, which I seriously doubt.

Look, I am just trying to help the secularists out here by suggesting a more thorough change that would actually accomplish something significant.

Refraining from the use of AD and using CE instead doesnt remove the significance of that dating count, which implies that the watershed event in human history was the birth of Jesus Christ. (which it is, IMO)

I think we should re-start the calendar on the year of my birth.

So today would be 44 A.T.

And what is so significant about your birth? Are you a new messiah or did you change the cosmology of the entire planet?

He said most people dont care, which is an unwarranted assertion, unless someone has run a poll on this proposed change already, which I seriously doubt.

Look, I am just trying to help the secularists out here by suggesting a more thorough change that would actually accomplish something significant.

Refraining from the use of AD and using CE instead doesnt remove the significance of that dating count, which implies that the watershed event in human history was the birth of Jesus Christ. (which it is, IMO)

Why shouldn't they acknowledge the watershed event in human history? Nothing as significant has happened since then. Perhaps, when Christ returns, we will start counting again from then.

People have tried to restart the calandar. It never works. Probably cause those people tend to kill alot of others and no one wants to be associated with them.

25% of the world's population is Islamic and doesn't use the western Georgian calendar and the BC and AD designations based on the birth of Christ.

Muslims use the Hijra calendar based on Muhammad's emigration from Mecca to Medina (622 AD) which would be year 1 AH (After Hijra)

It is a lunar based calendar; and used for all Islamic festivals, holidays, and historic events.

Currently we are in the year 1434 AH

Only ceremonially. ATM receipts from today read 26/12/2012 in Saudi Arabia.

25% of the world's population is Islamic and doesn't use the western Georgian calendar and the BC and AD designations based on the birth of Christ.

Muslims use the Hijra calendar based on Muhammad's emigration from Mecca to Medina (622 AD) which would be year 1 AH (After Hijra)

It is a lunar based calendar; and used for all Islamic festivals, holidays, and historic events.

Currently we are in the year 1434 AH

Yes, I am aware of this, but I am refering to the effort to secularize the callendar, and the dates relating to Mohameds emigration is still a religious event that evades the intent of a secularized calendar.

Thanks for the rational response, btw.

Atheists are funny when they try to change symbolism for no reason other than because the current symbolism offends them.

I don't care about secularists, monkey people or anyone else. It's 2012 and the calendar is what it is.

I don't care about secularists, monkey people or anyone else. It's 2012 and the calendar is what it is.

Lol, yeah, it is what it is, as everything before has always been; that dont mean it cant change.

This needs to change for many reasons, some of which I have listed.

Actually the calendar that we are using starts approximately two years before the birth of Jesus of Nazarus according to the best estimates. That is precisely why scholars use the CE and BCE rather than AD and BC. It already is a secular calendar as most of the religious holidays (holy days) are based on a lunar calendar that is archaic to say the least. Lunar calendars are completely inaccurate because there are more than 12 and less than 13 lunar cycles in a year (one trip around the sun). Even the Sumerians knew this in 3000 BCE.

Actually the Year One is at least four years AFTER the birth of Jesus. By Roman records Herod the Great died in 4 BCE, making the present calendar off by a least that much and possibly as much as 10 years depending on whose estimates you favor.

There is only one valid date according to the Federation.

Today is stardate 66452

do not ever disrespect the monkey people. they may seem strange but once you get to know them they are super cool and will eat the faces off your enemies and cheating girl friends...as the good lord intended, by the way.

I say we start the new secular calender on the date of the invention of the first flushable toilet...because let's face it...nothing symbolizes the secular common era better. :razz:

Lol, you are right. For some reason the reference book I used was giving 1468 as the date for the first printing press. So 1440 it is, and a nice round number too.

Or since we're moving into the brave New World Order, it'd be 104 AF!

What is that dated from? The last time the Chicago Cubs won the World Series?

I gave you a hint[BOLD]! Annum Ford, dated from the first year the Model T came out. :D

Forum List

Back