Let's Repeal Obamacare and Try Freedom re Healthcare and Most Other Things Too

I don't think you have a right to health care. If there is such a right, where does it come from?

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" straight from the Declaration of Independence.

First word gives Americans that very right.

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" straight from the Declaration of Independence.

First word gives Americans that very right.

No it doesn't. The Declaration of Independence doesn't even have any legal effect. It isn't law.

And therein lies the problem. When people WANT healthcare but can't afford it because of out of control costs, or WANT healthcare but can't get it because they are being denied due to 'pre-existing' conditions, then it becomes the responsibility of the government to step in to ensure that people are able to maintain their basic rights as Americans. THOSE people are being denied access to healthcare are the ones who are losing their rights, NOT you.

No, they are not being denied any right so long as they can access available goods and services on the same basis as everybody else accesses those available goods and services. The fact that they are unable to do so may be cause for you to extend charity, but it is not justifiable cause for your property to be confiscated on their behalf.

How dense are you?? THAT is the problem in this country. There are WAY too many people who can't get basic healthcare that they need because the system is broken. These aren't deadbeats looking to mooch of the system. These are middle class Americans who the system has let down. That system needed a major overhaul that obviously wasn't coming from the private sector, so the government HAD to intervene and ensure that Americans were able to achieve their basic rights as citizens.

I'm sorry that you only care about yourself and your bank account. It's a shame we have heartless people like you in this country who doesn't give a shit about their neighbors and how they are being fucked over every day. Be Proud, Be Ignorant!

I may be dense but I have a pretty good grasp on how the system became broken. And it was broken mostly by government meddling. The ONLY way it is likely to ever get fixed is via the private sector.

There is no way in hell you can tell me that the federal government can run healthcare efficiently, effectively, and/or economically when they have not yet managed a single national entitlement that was not more expensive, created many unintended negative consequences, and became unsustainable over time.

I personally think access to healthcare is too important to trust with the federal government.

Basic healthcare should be like a basic education. Everyone gets a reasonable opportunity to get it, regardless of their ability to pay.

It should be a given that that is fundamental to a civilized society.

So the Declaration is meaningless? Is that what you're saying?

From a legal standpoint, in terms of force of law, yes. Hell, the country wasn't even formed yet. It was just a list of grievances against Britain and a justification for Independence.

How many ER's provide Chemo treatment? I'll wait.

Which government program guarantees you as much chemo as you want?

what private insurer "guarantees you as much chemo as you want?"

He's sad and pathetic. He is literally a living talking point. Look at his posts, 99% of them are single sentence snippets. It's almost as if he doesn't form his own opinions so he grabs single lines he hears on TV and reposts them.

Basic healthcare should be like a basic education. Everyone gets a reasonable opportunity to get it, regardless of their ability to pay.

It should be a given that that is fundamental to a civilized society.

There's the problem. You're trying to convince uncivilized people.

But still, what our country was founded upon. No?

Sure, they stated some principles on which we were founded. But the Constitution is the supreme law. The Declaration doesn't have any legal effect in terms of recognizing rights, and it never has, even when the Founders were still alive. Justices have used it from time to time to figure out what the Founders meant, but it doesn't take much looking back to see that the Founders who wrote the Declaration and Constitution did not consider health care to be a right.

But still, what our country was founded upon. No?

Sure, they stated some principles on which we were founded. But the Constitution is the supreme law. The Declaration doesn't have any legal effect in terms of recognizing rights, and it never has, even when the Founders were still alive. Justices have used it from time to time to figure out what the Founders meant, but it doesn't take much looking back to see that the Founders who wrote the Declaration and Constitution did not consider health care to be a right.

I'm aware that it doesn't have any legal effect, but the fact that "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" are considered to be the foundation of what our country is founded upon and inalienable rights we all share makes me think that access to basic healthcare is something that our founders very much would have wanted. They did not want the creation of a society of Haves and Have-nots, especially when it comes to the inalienable rights we are all suppose to have.

Forum List

Back