Let's Raise Retirement age to 70

Gremlin-USA

<<< Me in 1970
May 20, 2010
Gremlinville, USA
Now what?

So the Politicians have squandered all the money and given so much of it away, people will have to live till 70 to get SS Retirement Checks?

These jerks need to also wait till they are 70 to collect any benefits and see how the like it.

We need an Opt Out available for this SS Crap, I think most people could better invest their money the the Government.

In a rare departure from this year's intense political posturing over the soaring budget deficit, House leaders of both parties recently signaled that they are prepared to tackle a leading long-term liability — Social Security — by raising the retirement age.

Both parties mull raising retirement age - Washington Times

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Now what?

So the Politicians have squandered all the money and given so much of it away, people will have to live till 70 to get SS Retirement Checks?

These jerks need to also wait till they are 70 to collect any benefits and see how the like it.

We need an Opt Out available for this SS Crap, I think most people could better invest their money the the Government.

In a rare departure from this year's intense political posturing over the soaring budget deficit, House leaders of both parties recently signaled that they are prepared to tackle a leading long-term liability — Social Security — by raising the retirement age.

Both parties mull raising retirement age - Washington Times

Don't kid yourself, if you are under 40 Right now, by the time you reach 70 the new age will be 85, If SS is even around anymore.

I just love paying into something that I am almost guaranteed to never get to use. Considering the men in my family tend to die around 63 years old.

FUCKERS.

That shit won't pass.

everything the demonRats pass is shit, what makes you think they won't pass this shit?

No shit they just passed the worst bill ever. Finacial Reform. Not that I do not think we needed reforms, but not what they passed lol.

I do now like that Obama can not at his discretion, Take over any company he thinks is to big to fail and making irresponsible decisions. With out even going to congress or anything.

Way to much power in anyone's hands.

Irresponsible decisions? Lordy, lordy. After the last admins decisions concerning taxes and war, you call our President's decisions irresponsible?

I guess I really need not chime in. I am 66 and already collecting SS. And still working full time.

Make the 6.2% that I pay be paid on all income, right up to Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, and the SS is solvent far into the future, and those that have physically demanding jobs can retire at 65 if they like.

Irresponsible decisions? Lordy, lordy. After the last admins decisions concerning taxes and war, you call our President's decisions irresponsible?

I guess I really need not chime in. I am 66 and already collecting SS. And still working full time.

Make the 6.2% that I pay be paid on all income, right up to Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, and the SS is solvent far into the future, and those that have physically demanding jobs can retire at 65 if they like.

First off, he's YOUR president. he's not anyone I know or r e s p e c t. Your president is the worst ever.

That shit won't pass.

everything the demonRats pass is shit, what makes you think they won't pass this shit?

No shit they just passed the worst bill ever. Finacial Reform. Not that I do not think we needed reforms, but not what they passed lol.

I do now like that Obama can not at his discretion, Take over any company he thinks is to big to fail and making irresponsible decisions. With out even going to congress or anything.

Way to much power in anyone's hands.

yep, did ya hear that stupid mo fo harry reid say "we gotta pass it to know what's in it? I damn sure thought............ well never mind what I thought.

I'd happily defer getting SS payments until 70 if all unionized public employees had to wait until then to collect pensions.

If they don't raise the age for new contributors to 70, the system will go bankrupt

They should also encourage personal investment in 401Ks or IRAs so you can retire before 70 if you desiire

70 is not that old anymore

If they don't raise the age for new contributors to 70, the system will go bankrupt

They should also encourage personal investment in 401Ks or IRAs so you can retire before 70 if you desiire

How about getting rid of the income and capital gain taxes altogether and implementing a national sales tax (not VAT - just end user sales tax) instead?

Our current system punishes savings and investing. If we really want to encourage economic growth and self-sufficient retirement, then the tax system needs to be reformed, dramatically.

yes it, 70 is ancient

70 isn't old lol. WHAT THE FUCK are you talking about. Many people do not make it that far, and the Vast majority of People are Dead Shorty after 70. Yay thanks I paid in for 50 years and got to collect for 2.

My dad paid in for his whole life. At 61 he got diagnosed with non hodgkins Lymphoma. He waited a year to get declared disabled and was then able to collect SS after 1 year more. He died 1 month after getting his first check.

The kicker.

They now send his "survivor" Benefit to my Mother, Who left him 30 Years ago.

lol

I believe we should raise retirement age to 105 and eliminate the cap on FICA tax.

Immie

/duck and cover

Why on earth does anyone want to retire?

lol....only a youngin like yourself would think that...i'm been 'working' a year or two more than you and, not that i think about retirement everyday, i see the fat cats golfing, taking vacations....

are you telling me you wouldn't want that?

yes it, 70 is ancient

70 isn't old lol. WHAT THE FUCK are you talking about. Many people do not make it that far, and the Vast majority of People are Dead Shorty after 70. Yay thanks I paid in for 50 years and got to collect for 2.

My dad paid in for his whole life. At 61 he got diagnosed with non hodgkins Lymphoma. He waited a year to get declared disabled and was then able to collect SS after 1 year more. He died 1 month after getting his first check.

The kicker.

They now send his "survivor" Benefit to my Mother, Who left him 30 Years ago.

lol

That's the way the system was designed, for people to collect for only a short time, or not at all. That's why the system is headed for insolvency, not because of government waste and all this other noise I'm hearing in this thread. The engineers didn't foresee people collecting for 10, 20, 30 years. It's unsustainable.

If it was proposed by Republicans you would all say it's brilliant.

Forum List

Back