Let's Put to Bed the 'America Is Bankrupt' Myth

America is bankrupt when it can no longer borrow enough money to cover its debts.

On that I agree.

I remember the first time I saw christianity in it true form , now I know your all racist bastards protestant and catholic , heard all kinds of bull shit .

but what impressed me was you glee you happiness to see failure death and destruction .
I saw Hagee preaching to his cult on "end times " he read a passage from the book of evil , "happy are those that smash the heads of childern of non believer against rocks " and the camera pans the mob , the look of excitement on the faces of old people the lust for killing childern was something .
now your all happy and eager to see my [not your ] country fail , like rush Limbaugh said on the air this patriot of the right ,said he hopes America fails ,

don't criticize libs , they may or may not have my country s future best interest but at-least they seem to love it and want the best for it . never in the 8 years of bush did I ever read a libs say they want my country to fail .

your not American your hate mongering peaces of shit .

in my opinion .

But not to worry, we can always print more money.
yep

german-currency-crisis.jpg

That's crazy and I'd thought of asking where it came from, but my guess is you just made it up to have something easy to refute.

In the mean time, let's look at the word "bankrupt." Usually the word means "adjudged insolvent by a court with property being transferred to a trustee and administered for the benefit of creditors " OK, everyone likes to bellyache about the state of the Union, but is anyone seriously saying this is what's happening?

The country isn't because we ARE paying on the debt. Which leads to the biggie coming up: Raising the debt limit, or not. If it isn't raised at least for a limited time so we can continue paying on existing debt...
Actually, existing debt can be paid without raising the debt limit and in any number of ways. We can cut spending, raise taxes, issue money, sell stuff, etc. The reason I personally like refusing a limit increase is because we'll be doing all the above anyway but keeping the limit makes it happen sooner.

The experts have been saying that even a week before the debt limit expires, all hell could break loose in the stock market just ANTICIPATING disaster on a global basis. No, it is definitely not a wise move. The debt ceiling could be temporarily extended again, if necessary, to come to agreement on budget cuts, but that's all.

America is bankrupt when it can no longer borrow enough money to cover its debts.

On that I agree.

I remember the first time I saw christianity in it true form , now I know your all racist bastards protestant and catholic , heard all kinds of bull shit .

but what impressed me was you glee you happiness to see failure death and destruction .
I saw Hagee preaching to his cult on "end times " he read a passage from the book of evil , "happy are those that smash the heads of childern of non believer against rocks " and the camera pans the mob , the look of excitement on the faces of old people the lust for killing childern was something .
now your all happy and eager to see my [not your ] country fail , like rush Limbaugh said on the air this patriot of the right ,said he hopes America fails ,

don't criticize libs , they may or may not have my country s future best interest but at-least they seem to love it and want the best for it . never in the 8 years of bush did I ever read a libs say they want my country to fail .

your not American your hate mongering peaces of shit .

in my opinion .

wtf.gif

Last edited:
...experts have been saying that even a week before the debt limit expires, all hell could break loose in the stock market just ANTICIPATING disaster...

That wasn't the case in 2006--

ABC NEWS said:
...In March 2006, then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., found the notion of raising the debt ceiling quite distasteful.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,” he said. “It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here.’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better. I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

He did. It passed narrowly – by a vote of 52-48...

-- the anticipation had the stock market soar 25%.

Forum List

Back