Let's Play IQ Game!

Cool. But you'll regret it. I have used the extra time to work out a total beeeyatch of a question.

Are you sitting comfortably?

Then I'll begin:

What family of birds has the distinction of having members that are the:

Oldest (one species is indistinguishable from a 9 million year old fossil found in Nebraska)
Most long lived (one called 'Wolf' died in 1988 at the age of 83)
Tallest (some species are 6ft tall)
Highest flying (one species can reach an altitude of 32,000 ft)

Note - the above examples are all different species from within the same family (i.e. Golden Eagles, Bald Eagles...)
cockatoo?

Oh the things one finds:

Discovery of new bird species in China, oldest beak shows evolution ...( (Embargoed) CHAPEL HILL - Wor...)

(Embargoed) CHAPEL HILL - Working together on fossilized remains, Chinese and U.S. researchers have discovered a previously unknown species of primitive bird, a finding that offers new evidence that early bird evolution was considerably more complex than previously believed.

In the process, the scientists have identified on its nearly complete skeleton, the world's oldest surviving horny beak, part of a fossil dating back some 130 million years. They also say they've added more weight to the argument that birds descended not from dinosaurs, but rather from unknown earlier reptile ancestors....

OH...MY...GOD CHANDLER BING!!!!!!
:udaman:

Oldest - The Sandhill Crane (Grus canadensis)
Most long lived - 'Wolf' was a Siberian Crane (Grus leucogeranus)
Tallest - Sarus Crane (Grus antigone)
Highest flying - Eurasian Crane (Grus grus)

Huuuuuuuugely impressive research, Annie-San!

Your turn.....

OH...MY...GOD CHANDLER BING!!!!!!
:udaman:

Oldest - The Sandhill Crane (Grus canadensis)
Most long lived - 'Wolf' was a Siberian Crane (Grus leucogeranus)
Tallest - Sarus Crane (Grus antigone)
Highest flying - Eurasian Crane (Grus grus)

Huuuuuuuugely impressive research, Annie-San!

Your turn.....

Gracias, sometimes one can eventually find what one's looking for. :lol:

Back to 'accidents'. This popular food product was actually made in a pique of anger by a chef due to customer complaints. He was shocked when the customers were actually praising his creation, rather than appreciating his standard culinary preparation. (For some reason this is reminding me of dinner. ;) )

Gracias, sometimes one can eventually find what one's looking for. :lol:

Back to 'accidents'. This popular food product was actually made in a pique of anger by a chef due to customer complaints. He was shocked when the customers were actually praising his creation, rather than appreciating his standard culinary preparation. (For some reason this is reminding me of dinner. ;) )

PoliticalChic just went for burgers. You missed out.

As to your question, IHGAFC! I wouldn't even know how to start searching for that answer! :omg:

Just saw the earlier posts about impossibility to search for, (that's the tricky part. ;) )

Hint is in order: snack food now, wasn't meant to be.

Forum List

Back