Let’s Not Panic Over Romney’s Defeat

I'm saying that Republicans shouldn't nominate extremists.

Do you or do you not think abortion should be illegal if a woman is pregnant because she is raped?

I believe that abortion should be legal in cases of incest, rape or the actual threat to the life of the mother (within the first 3 mo.).

I would also consider the first 6 weeks of pregnancy... although I do believe a human life begins at conception and is completely innocent..

Great.

Republicans have now nominated four extremist candidates for the Senate who lost in states they should have won - NV DE MO IN.

The party is getting smaller, not bigger. Unless this party wants to become a permanent minority party made up of True Believers, it will have to expand beyond the Small Tent it has become.

As for the "Democrats are doing it too" argument, that may be but it is nowhere as bad as the GOP. Last I checked, "DINO" isn't being used as a pejorative term.

Relax and enjoy the ride over the cliff, it's inevitable now and far beyond our control..

Winning the popular vote is pretty much a tie from Reagan on funny how the liberals like to parse things.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. :thup:

It is idiot. Reagan 2, GHWB 1, Clinton 2, GB 1, Obama 2. Sure ads to 4 and 4. You want to go back further it makes little difference. This is just more BS made up by the liberal left and I guess you buy it.

I believe that abortion should be legal in cases of incest, rape or the actual threat to the life of the mother (within the first 3 mo.).

I would also consider the first 6 weeks of pregnancy... although I do believe a human life begins at conception and is completely innocent..

Great.

Republicans have now nominated four extremist candidates for the Senate who lost in states they should have won - NV DE MO IN.

The party is getting smaller, not bigger. Unless this party wants to become a permanent minority party made up of True Believers, it will have to expand beyond the Small Tent it has become.

As for the "Democrats are doing it too" argument, that may be but it is nowhere as bad as the GOP. Last I checked, "DINO" isn't being used as a pejorative term.

Relax and enjoy the ride over the cliff, it's inevitable now and far beyond our control..

I agree with the election of obama this is what the majority of those who voted wanted, whether or not they realize it.

So, I get that your not in favor of individual free speech and baby killing turns you on..

On principle, I could never agree..

And the two Senatorial candidates who agree with you on rape and abortion lost elections they should have won.

So congratulations, you have an even more liberal Senate.

If that's your goal, good job. :clap2:

I don't recall talking about rape, where did that come from?

So they lost their elections but held to their personal principles according to you.

Are you saying our Senators are better off unprincipled?

No, what he is saying is that if that is their priinciples, then the majority of voters don't share those principles, and they lost elections for the GOP. Now if the GOP wishes to win elections, they had better put up candidates with differant principles. However, if you do not wish to win elections, well then, carry on.:badgrin:

I find it interesting that Liberals believe it would be so easy for Conservatives to change their principles to win elections.

What’s even more interesting is that no one is asking conservatives to change their principles, simply return to them.

There is a battle between the establishment & conservative Republicans.. I hope the Conservatives finally win out and principled Republicans return whether they win elections or not. I happen to believe they will.

Great.

I agree with the election of obama this is what the majority of those who voted wanted, whether or not they realize it.

The results of the past 4 years are dismal at best, the odds for the next 4 years are far worse now.

The odds of Democrats/Obama taking responsibility and leading this country in the right direction are nil..

And the two Senatorial candidates who agree with you on rape and abortion lost elections they should have won.

So congratulations, you have an even more liberal Senate.

If that's your goal, good job. :clap2:

I don't recall talking about rape, where did that come from?

So they lost their elections but held to their personal principles according to you.

Are you saying our Senators are better off unprincipled?

No, what he is saying is that if that is their priinciples, then the majority of voters don't share those principles, and they lost elections for the GOP. Now if the GOP wishes to win elections, they had better put up candidates with differant principles. However, if you do not wish to win elections, well then, carry on.:badgrin:

The popular vote was pretty darn close with incredible irregularities.

but enjoy the gloat... for now...:D

Let’s Not Panic Over Romney’s Defeat

OK. :lol:

I'm not the panicky type, The inevitable path for this country is total failure and rebirth, so, why not get it over with...

I have everything I need to survive, so

Last edited:
The Republican Party dominated by far right extremists pretending to be "conservatives" and social values statist right wing progressives pretending to be "conservatives" can no longer win national elections, and if they don't change soon, by 2020 they will be a minority except in a few southern and midwestern states.

I find it interesting that Liberals believe it would be so easy for Conservatives to change their principles to win elections.

What’s even more interesting is that no one is asking conservatives to change their principles, simply return to them.

There is a battle between the establishment & conservative Republicans.. I hope the Conservatives finally win out and principled Republicans return whether they win elections or not. I happen to believe they will.

The Republican Party dominated by far right extremists pretending to be "conservatives" and social values statist right wing progressives pretending to be "conservatives" can no longer win national elections, and if they don't change soon, by 2020 they will be a minority except in a few southern and midwestern states.

liberal show thyself for what you are.

The only problem with the "help" that the liberals want to now give conservatives is nothing but they want conservatives to become as they. No way. Conservatives have not changed their planks in years so I am not sure what the Red Herring argument is to return to their principles.

Where do you believe total liberal/Democrat control leads, Jake, just wondering?

The only problem with the "help" that the liberals want to now give conservatives is nothing but they want conservatives to become as they. No way. Conservatives have not changed their planks in years so I am not sure what the Red Herring argument is to return to their principles.

Fiscal responsibility, limited government, individual liberty – which means you respect privacy rights with regard to abortion and same-sex couples’ right to access marriage law.

It doesn’t mean republicans as a whole or individually must approve of either, but that they’ll take no action to have government interfere with citizens exercising those rights, as required by the Constitution.

Nothing is ‘changed,’ nothing is ‘compromised,’ and you haven’t ‘become democrats,’ you simply respect the rule of law and allow individuals to make decisions concerning their personal lives.

Do it because it’s the right thing to do, not to win elections.

The whole point of the original OP is.... screw you pretenders. As if you gave a crap about Republicans and now you are going to offer all this help to show us the way. Again, screw you. If becoming a democrat is the only way to win another election then I am more then happy to never win another election. The democrats have led us onto the road to destruction and I'll be damned if I am going help.

Nothing really changed in this election, power didn't shift. There was no mandate. People just are idiots and vote for whomever is in office. All the crying about term limits but when push comes to shove the blacks and Hispanics are going to vote democrat as if they have their best interest at heart. NOTHING can be done to change that they have been fully indoctrinated.

If there is no other reason to not become a democrat it is their nasty attitude. Obama ran the nastiest campaign i can remember and the American hypocritical people reelected him, truly disappointing.

The republicans were saying this during FDR's administration.

The American Spectator : Let

First of all, Romney ran a damned good race. He was up in the polls by as much as 7 points (Gallup) going into the last week. Where he got sandbagged was Hurricane Sandy. The storm captured the nation's attention and pushed the election off the front page. It gave President Obama a chance to act presidential (with vague memories of President George Bush Jr.'s initial inaction on Hurricane Katrina reverberating in the background) and to shake hands with Chris Christie. Now I don't fault Christie either and don't see any nefarious plot to maneuver for 2016. A governor has to act on behalf of his state. Parts of New Jersey were devastated, and if Christie had snubbed Obama, it would have put thousands of his constituents in immediate danger -- and been interpreted as his fault as well.

Romney ran a poor race. He was challenging a failed incumbent and should have gotten 60%. Romney's problem was he's gutless and wouldn't attack.

As for Christie, there is no doubt he stabbed rom in the back so he could run in 2016. Don't tell me he did it to help the citizens of NJ. Rebuilding NJ will take years and to help his state he should have supported the man he thought would be next prez and the polls at the time said rom would win. It was calculated treason on the part of turncoat chris to support obozo.

The women and minorities taught the GOP a lesson we must learn if we want to win in the future.

Nothing is to be learned from the libertarians, our far right extremists, and the social values right wing progressives in the Republican Party.

right wing progressives? That is an oxymoron. Unless Teddy Roosevelt is still alive.

The American Spectator : Let

First of all, Romney ran a damned good race. He was up in the polls by as much as 7 points (Gallup) going into the last week. Where he got sandbagged was Hurricane Sandy. The storm captured the nation's attention and pushed the election off the front page. It gave President Obama a chance to act presidential (with vague memories of President George Bush Jr.'s initial inaction on Hurricane Katrina reverberating in the background) and to shake hands with Chris Christie. Now I don't fault Christie either and don't see any nefarious plot to maneuver for 2016. A governor has to act on behalf of his state. Parts of New Jersey were devastated, and if Christie had snubbed Obama, it would have put thousands of his constituents in immediate danger -- and been interpreted as his fault as well.

It wasn't the hurricane. It was the fact he likes to fire people, he said he would only represent half the country, he wanted to bring educated immigrants here because he felt his base couldn't be taught, he moved one of his companies this month to China, he was abusive to pets and bullied people and he lied, a lot.

People just didn't like him. And they had good reason. He didn't like his base.

Progressivism has always been a movement, and on occasion a party. It has left and right wings. The left tries to add freedom and liberty (abortion, women's vote, Civil Rights act, etc) while the right tries to restrict certain behavior (the Mann Act, Defense of Marriage Act, Prohibition, etc).

The women and minorities taught the GOP a lesson we must learn if we want to win in the future.

Nothing is to be learned from the libertarians, our far right extremists, and the social values right wing progressives in the Republican Party.

right wing progressives? That is an oxymoron. Unless Teddy Roosevelt is still alive.

Forum List

Back