Lets move on already!

Dec 3, 2003
Fayetteville
After first hearing about the ironically named Swiftboat Veterans for Truth, I expected it to die down in a couple of days, but I have long since been proven wrong.

The lowest of all the accusations takes place in this thread http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10991. I knew that this couldn't be right when I saw this last afternoon, and of course after watching the actual program I was proven right. The spokesman actually said that it was possible, with an emphasis on the possible, that it could have been self inflicted, it was during the heat of battle afterall. But even if it was self inflicted, Kerry deserves the Purple Heart because he was under enemy fire, it is part of the law that you get a purple heart, self inflicted or otherwise, if you are wounded while under fire. So there is another "truth" debunked.

20 men with reportedly only 150k were able to create an ad that goes against all military documentation of what really happened and to my knowledge 3 of the men have been proven liars, yet there seems to be no end, the conservative fringe will simply not admit that both John Kerry and President Bush are telling the truth when they say that Kerry served admirably and with honor.

But this really isn't about what took place in Viet Nam, its really a 30 year old fight between the hawks and doves of the 70s, represented in this case by O'Neil and Kerry. VVT exists today because Kerry was an anti-war protestor, the hatred and vengeance shown by O'Neill is due to the strong language and accusations Kerry made before Congress, which is legitimate criticism, but taking it to this level is wrong on O'Neil's part.

Requirements for the Purple Heart are as follows: "A wound which necessitates treatment by a medical officer and which is received in action with an enemy, may, in the judgment of the commander authorized to make the award, be construed as resulting from a singularly meritorious act of essential service."

I suppose it depends on what kind of self inflicted wound we're talking about, but I think the intentions behind the medal were meant for people wounded BY the enemy.

Apparently Kerry and Bob Dole had phone conversation recently, the Dem confronting Dole about recent comments. Bob Dole, making it clear he was no longer running for any kind of office, slapped Kerry in the face with a little forward truth. Dole essentially told him he should expect this kind of thing when he makes his Vietnam service the face of his campaign, and if he wanted the President to denounce the swift boat ads, he needed to denounce the attacks on the President.
Kerry back peddled saying, "I don't have anything to do with that. It's not me. I haven't spent a dime on that."
Dole said, "John, I've been around for awhile, I know how this works."

You gotta love an older guy that's out of politics, no longer has to worry about public opinion or spin, and just calls bullshit what it is: bullshit.

PJ,

The lowest of all the accusations

You should save that for MoveON.org

Kerry claims he was wounded on Dec 2, in a later journal entry on Dec 9, he claims that he and his crew were feeling cocky from not having come under enemy fire yet.

You do the math.

Palestinian Jew said:
it was during the heat of battle afterall. But even if it was self inflicted, Kerry deserves the Purple Heart because he was under enemy fire, it is part of the law that you get a purple heart, self inflicted or otherwise, if you are wounded while under fire. So there is another "truth" debunked.

Why were they tossing grenades in rice baskets while under fire?

Why did Kerry write that he had never been under fire after this incident occured?

Where exactly was the debunking?

New Topics

Forum List

Back